New Member - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2017, 05:26 PM   #1

Name: Krista
Trailer: Casita 17' LD
Oklahoma

Actually, I should say new POSTER since I have been lurking for quite some time.

We currently own and LOVE a 2015 Casita 17' Liberty Deluxe. We went from tent camping to the Casita, and it has been wonderful. I am not retired, but we camp at least once a month, much more often than that it the winter. The Casita (named Winzig) has been great.

Of course, nothing is perfect. We find ourselves really wishing for a 4 season trailer, and we would love a little more space, so we are looking at other trailers.

We are seriously looking at the Bigoot 25 foot rear queen and at the Oliver Legacy Elite II. We have seen both trailers, and they are both very nice and very, very different trailers, so now I just have to decide what I really want.

This forum was so helpful when we were thinking about the Casita, and has been just as helpful as we are looking at upsizing. I am sure I will be pestering you all with questions as I work on making my decision!
wulfleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:16 PM   #2

Name: Roy
Trailer: Bigfoot
Texas
Registry
Hi Krista and welcome! My wife and I just purchased a 2015 Bigfoot 25 RQ (rear bedroom) three months ago and we love it. Both the Oliver and the Bigfoot are top notch choices. We chose the Bigfoot because of the separate toilet and shower (being a Casita owner, a wet bath may not be a deal breaker for you) and we liked the the walk around rear queen bed. Didn't want to climb over each other during a midnight potty run! The Bigfoot is a lot heavier than a Casita so you would have to have a capable tow vehicle. Our BF has a generator and the front storage box which extends the tongue an extra two feet. With holding tanks empty and the trailer loaded and ready to go, we have a tongue weight of about 700 pounds and the trailer grosses around 6500#'s. Hope that helps. You can't go wrong with either choice. Good luck!
Roy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:35 PM   #3

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Boerne, Texas
Welcome Krista. There are Oliver owners here that would be happy to answer any questions you might have. Both the Oliver and Bigfoot are great choices for four season use. Mike
2016 Oliver Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Carol and Mike is offline   Reply With Quote