New Member & ParkLiner Info. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #1

Name: Michael
Trailer: Park Liner
North Carolina
New Member & ParkLiner Info.

Hi! My parents just bought a ParkLiner camper about 3 months ago, but I'm just now getting back from school and getting a chance to really look at it. I saw the previous forum threads on which some people were interested/curious about ParkLiner, so I figured I'd jump in with some 1st-hand information.

To my knowledge, my parents have one of the first few ParkLiners produced (I think there is a prototype and another one that was sold). They got it optioned out, which includes the full bunk option, folding main table, dual batteries, dual propane tanks and I think there's a few more options.

Since they got it, it has been taken out twice. My brother and a couple of his friends took it out to Blowing Rock, NC on its maiden voyage. My parents also took it on a short trip to Charlotte, NC. Apparently everything went very smoothly with the camper on both the trips.

From talking to them and looking around the camper myself, it seems to be a great design (although I admit, I don't have much prior experience with fiberglass campers). I was thinkin about putting up pictures, but don't have any handy right now, and there are some good ones on the ParkLiner website and Facebook page. But let me know, and if there's any interest, I'll post some.

The camper is very spacious and comfortable. I am 6'3" and don't have to worry about headspace when walking around the camper. I haven't used the shower, but I'd say the height inside the shower area is exactly 6'3" because when I stand straight up, my head barely touches the ceiling. The Queen bed is really neat and completely legitimate. But, the coolest thing to me is that the bunks are longer than a regular length mattress. I usually sleep on an extra-long mattress because my feet hang over a little on a regeular length mattress, but I was able to fully extend on the bunks with room to spare. Also, I've put all the beds together and then back to tables again, and its a fairly straightforward process.

The only thing that I noticed is that the full-sized table is just a smidge wobbly near the outside corners, but it doesn't affect the usability of it at all. Other than that, its a really neat camper and I can't wait to take it out. Hope this helps, and let me know what questions you may have.
Michael N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:40 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Welcome to FGRV

One thing you will learn about the denizens of FGRV is they love PICTURES.

Glad to have you on board. Thanks for the great description of your parents' rig.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:20 PM   #3

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Interesting, there has been very little Facebook activity, 2 posts since April, last one was in September requesting info. It's like a tv test pattern, no activity.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Michael, welcome to FiberglassRV. Even owning a molded fiberglass trailer through family is cool... if you get to use it . Thanks very much for giving us your impressions. First-hand knowledge is always greatly appreciated.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:33 PM   #5

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Oh, absolutely we'd like pictures!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #6

Trailer: ParkLiner
North Carolina
Thanks for the feedback!

Hi,

I sure do appreciate the feedback about our camper. We've been busy making them through the fall after putting up some new pictures on facebook and our website.

What kind of additional information would you like to see on Facebook? We're not really much for saying something unless it needs to be said. Getting some additional pictures up on our website, getting a brochure for people to download, and outlining a better floor plan with options - those are on our to do list.

But we're still doing just fine! Just ... not a lot of new news at the moment. That's why there's been quiet.

We hope that our customers will start to share some of their experiences on our facebook page, of course! But that isn't something to ask for. It'll happen when it does! It's not really ethical in my view to go fishing for reviews and comments, though it happens often enough.

THANKS for the feedback on the headroom and the bunk bed length! That's really something that only a tall man would notice!

Happy New Year to all!

Mike
ParkLinerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #7

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
ParklinerMike, you should contact the other NC Mike re: Facebook, I'm sure he would help you out. How about some pictures of the new owners with their new Parkliners? We love to see happy campers.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:41 PM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
ParklinerMike,
On the parkliner website (not facebook) where does the email form go to? You or elsewhere? I have tried it twice with zero response. Since it is on the website I assumed it was a welcome and acceptable method of contact Thanks.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #9

Oklahoma
ParklinerMike, much of a business' success rides on good promotion, image, and visibility. Especially in the early stages. Adding more details periodically to the website will keep people going back and looking, talking, thinking about your product. Besides adding more photos taken from various angles and (if possible) campground photos of a unit being used, I would also suggest that a drawing of the floor plan is something people would normally look for. And that hinged table feature just begs for a video of someone manipulating it to show what it can do and how it works.

Of course, if you are building at or near capacity, you may not have any incentive to induce more sales. I don't know your situation, so take my suggestions with a grain of salt.

Michael N, we don't mean to totally hijack your thread! We are still glad to hear from you and see any photos you happen to come up with.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:21 PM   #10

North Carolina
I'll try to get some photos up on here and Facebook this weekend. Hmmm, maybe even a quick video of how the table works too. Stay tuned...
Old 12-30-2011, 08:36 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Greetings and a Happy New Year to you all!

Mike(s), Ken, Jim, Donna, Roger, & Michael(s):

I appreciate your interest in our product. I'd love to get some magic table videos up, some more photos, etc., and I recall that when I was searching for my first trailer I really appreciated and enjoyed being able to look here for pix, comments and info on the different ones.

Jim: ParkLinerMike [fiberglassrv] is the same Mike that works facebook on ParkLiner's behalf; he is our web guy. I have never done web based social networking, so he kindly took that on on our behalf. He believes facebook will become a meeting place for a small percentage ParkLiner affectionados, just as this site is for a small percentage of fiberglass RV owners. Sorry you find his post a little off; I do too. Sorry also about the ethics philosophy; I don't agree with him. I think is ethical to encourage reviews and comments —and to review posts and comments! Inasmuch as they are honest, and not merely speculative, they are very helpful to all who buy and manufacture RVs. I am deeply indebted to many of you on this site for the information I gleaned prior to my first purchase, and for all the sharing you have done of your experiences. Without you, ParkLiners would not be the trailers they are.

For those of you who wonder: I am spread mighty thinly, and my gifts are in the design and engineering realm, not the realm of marketing and sales.

You are right on, Mike Magee! We don't have the best photo gallery, videos need to be made, and there is much to do on the promotion and customer service front. While I do have a vision for the appearance and presentation of the company on the web and otherwise, I spend my time as shop mechanic, quality control inspector, assembly line worker, and everything else no one else does. If any of you have tried to contact me and got no response it is because I have had email and voicemail forwarding problems since we upgraded to a different mail server in September; I never noticed because I have several accounts, and there was no decline in calls or emails. I just found out this past week after looking for something supposedly sent but not received by me; so now I spend New Years Eve sifting old emails and wondering how to answer months old voicemails. I have read that success has more to do with promotion & presence than anything else, but we are selling them before we get them finished, and working hard to get production up. We do hope to soon have first rate images and a presence every bit as good as our product.

Best Regards & a Happy New Year to all of You!

Chandler
Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:16 AM   #12

Name: harry
Trailer: New Parkliner owner
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael N View Post
Hi! My parents just bought a ParkLiner camper about 3 months ago, but I'm just now getting back from school and getting a chance to really look at it. I saw the previous forum threads on which some people were interested/curious about ParkLiner, so I figured I'd jump in with some 1st-hand information.

To my knowledge, my parents have one of the first few ParkLiners produced (I think there is a prototype and another one that was sold). They got it optioned out, which includes the full bunk option, folding main table, dual batteries, dual propane tanks and I think there's a few more options.

Since they got it, it has been taken out twice. My brother and a couple of his friends took it out to Blowing Rock, NC on its maiden voyage. My parents also took it on a short trip to Charlotte, NC. Apparently everything went very smoothly with the camper on both the trips.

From talking to them and looking around the camper myself, it seems to be a great design (although I admit, I don't have much prior experience with fiberglass campers). I was thinkin about putting up pictures, but don't have any handy right now, and there are some good ones on the ParkLiner website and Facebook page. But let me know, and if there's any interest, I'll post some.

The camper is very spacious and comfortable. I am 6'3" and don't have to worry about headspace when walking around the camper. I haven't used the shower, but I'd say the height inside the shower area is exactly 6'3" because when I stand straight up, my head barely touches the ceiling. The Queen bed is really neat and completely legitimate. But, the coolest thing to me is that the bunks are longer than a regular length mattress. I usually sleep on an extra-long mattress because my feet hang over a little on a regeular length mattress, but I was able to fully extend on the bunks with room to spare. Also, I've put all the beds together and then back to tables again, and its a fairly straightforward process.

The only thing that I noticed is that the full-sized table is just a smidge wobbly near the outside corners, but it doesn't affect the usability of it at all. Other than that, its a really neat camper and I can't wait to take it out. Hope this helps, and let me know what questions you may have.
Yo, Mike! It's great to hear that you like your folks' trailer...because I ordered one in November! I live in Wilmington, at present, I'll be picking up my Parkliner early February, if not sooner. I started online searching for a little scamp, casita in october, learned about Trilliums,Outbacks.Eggcampers,Bolers,Uhauls,L'il Snoozies, about all the different models of FG campers. I gleaned an AWFUL lot of info from the kind folks on this website! Thank You All, and HAPPY NEW YEAR, while I'm at it. When I heard/read about Parkliner, on this website, decided to check 'em out...
Folks, Chandler has a relatively small operation, right now, no big showroom or anything, but I am not at all apprehensive about giving him almost 16 grand for one of his rigs! All of ya'll should come to N.C. and order one! And mention my name..[he told me there'd be some gas money for me if anyone did!] I've also got a bunch of brochures w/prices,options,etc. if anyone wants one. Wishing a great 2012 to all!
harryjhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:51 PM   #13

North Carolina
Hello everbody,

Throughout this thread, almost everybody stated that they would appreciate some pictures. So, here are some pictures of my parents and their camper. I took alot of photos and will post as many as I can on this site. Here's a few of the them.
Attached Thumbnails
PC311109.jpg   PC311112.jpg  

PC311114.jpg   PC311116.jpg  

Old 12-31-2011, 12:55 PM   #14

North Carolina
Well, I was planning on posting some more pictures, but going through the process of resizing the pictures was fairly tedious and cuts down on picture quality, so I will post the others on the parkliner facebook page, or maybe I'll tag "parkliner". I'll let you know how to access them, once I've put them on there.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:11 PM   #15
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Thanks, Michael. It's great to see the pics of your parents with/in their ParkLiner! We need to get some added to our gallery, as well. (The Park Liner entry is empty!)
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:51 PM   #16

Oklahoma
Great!! Looks like they enjoy being in their new trailer. Seeing folks inside helps a lot with the perspective.

It would appear that the seat cushions are pretty firm... looks like good quality foam being used. (Unlike in my trailer, where I sink way into the unsupportive cushions.)
Old 01-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #17

North Carolina
Mike: Yes, the cushions are quite firm and supportive. Obiviously, we'll see how they hold up with more use, but they seem to be very good quality.

Everyone: I have uploaded more pictures of the camper on facebook. If you are interested, just go to the ParkLiner fb page and look under friend activity. I had trouble "tagging" parkliner in the actual photo, so I resorted to tagging them in the comment section of each photo. Next time I'll just upload them directly to the parkliner page.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #18

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Great! I'm keeping track of this on Facebook. I loved the pictures of the parents in the RV, even outside, because it does give one a better "feel" for how user-friendly the unit is. I like so many things about this unit. The a/c not being on the roof means less expensive to replace and no condensation from the a/c running down the side and love the screen door and the option for a cassette toilet - had plenty of the black water tank and used all the supposed solutions with no success but had the cassette in a pop-up and could keep it sparkling clean. The bunk beds look so sturdy and we have seen so many used units of all types where the top bunk had ripped loose from the wall and to learn they run longer, perfect! This has a great clean and uncluttered look which is important with the smaller TTs.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner