New member saying hi from New Mexico - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-07-2015, 06:31 PM   #1

Name: George
Trailer: In the market
New Mexico
Smile New member saying hi from New Mexico

New member in southern New Mexico, and I hope I'm doing this first-ever post correctly. Planning to buy FGRV in two years (retirement time). Having a blast reading threads. Hope I don't get booted off for never posting, because this forum is a great learning experience, and I have no questions yet!
George in New Mex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:42 PM   #2

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Hi George----Welcome! This forum is fantastic for learning things-- it happens each and every time I check this site. People are friendly and very knowledgeable and willing to share their expertise freely. Sometimes the discussions may veer off-course a bit, but for the most part, everyone follows the rules and behaves.

There are rallies all around and they are excellent ways to check out various makes of FGRVs. Since you haven't yet committed to any unit, perhaps you'd enjoy to mingle at a rally or two to meet and greet the owners and get a better idea of what you'd like.

Again, welcome. We're glad you found us.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:39 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Tony
Trailer: Dutchman
Massachusetts
Welcome to the site

Tony
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:56 PM   #4

Name: Wendy
Trailer: ‘14 Casita 17 SD
Florida
Hi, George, welcome to the forum. Nobody's going to kick you off, don't worry! I live in Minnesota and plan to start full-timing in a Casita 17' when my lease is up in September. New Mexico is on my short list of first-year stops. I understand it's gorgeous! Keep lurking and learning. I still lurk on the Airstream forum (AirForums) because most of what they talk about is generic and helpful. You might check them out...
WendyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:27 PM   #5

Name: George
Trailer: In the market
New Mexico
Smile Thanks!

Thanks to Theresa, Tony, and Wendy. If your messages are any indication, this is a very friendly, helpful place, and it's great to know I can browse and never post and just keep learning. Wendy, I live 20 miles from White Sands National Monument. Come on out and walk out onto those amazing dunes. They're indescribably quiet and beautiful. As for fgrv, leaning now toward Casita. Like the price and the twin bed idea and don't need luxury. Just peace and quiet in the woods. Thanks again for all your answers.
George in New Mex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:26 AM   #6

Name: Wendy
Trailer: ‘14 Casita 17 SD
Florida
Ah, white sand! Sounds perfect. Thanks!
WendyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:04 PM   #7

Name: Michael
Trailer: In the Market
Virginia
Welcome George. New Mexico is a beautiful state. Michael
mbbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:16 PM   #8

Name: Robert
Trailer: Surf-Side
Manitoba
Loved your area when we were there a couple of winters ago. Spent a bit of time in Alamagordo and hope to go back there again some day. The white sand is amazing. To us, as Canadians, it looked just like snow but sure felt different when we opened the vehicle door and stepped out!!
Bob in Mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 04:48 PM   #9

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp
There are rallies all around and they are excellent ways to check out various makes of FGRVs. Since you haven't yet committed to any unit, perhaps you'd enjoy to mingle at a rally or two to meet and greet the owners and get a better idea of what you'd like.
[/QUOTE]

Hi George,
There is an Egg Rendezvous about 18 miles north of Durango, Colorado, July 27, 28 and 29 where you would be able to see some Fiberglass trailers if you don't mind the drive.
Thom Rowland
Thom Rowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:23 AM   #10

Name: Raquel
Trailer: Scamp
New Mexico
Hi, I live in Truth or Consequences and have a very old 13" Scamp that I love. If you are on Facebook check out the group Scamp Travel Trailers.
rwiltbank407 is offline   Reply With Quote