New Member says HELLO! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2006, 11:50 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Greetings everyone! I've been searching for some time for a small travel trailer or tear drop. I never realized how nice some of the fiberglass trailers are. I've been checking out the site for a few days now and thought it would be nice to say "hello"! I'm in the market for perhaps a used trailer that may need some repair. Is anyone aware of any for sale that are not listed in the "for sale" forum?
Paul Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:34 PM   #2

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
Hi Paul
nice of you to drop in and say h!
Keep you eyes open and be ready to act. These lill eggs are normal pretty well priced and sell pretty quick.
there are other forums that post eggs foe sale the 2 Casita forums and the Bolerama forum.
I think there are links to them in the links section .
check e-bay seem like one pops up every so often. Government liquidaters occastionaly has an egg but those are usually pretty beat up units.
I found my first egg by reading an rv trader site some one else posted that they where looking for an egg and there where people who responded saying thiers was for sale.
I followed up abnd they still had not sold it so after a 1200 mile trip i had lill trill at home lol.
Good Egg hunting
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:03 PM   #3

Trailer: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft (Eggs-Car-Go with ivy the tug)
Welcome Paul, keep a watch on this and the other sites Al mentioned if a trailer is out there it will be posted . Also go through show us your rigs and other posts to get an idea of what you like and need. Send for brochures from Scamp, Casita , Bigfoot , and others and compare. This will give you the new prices and you can compare if a used one comes along. Post any questions you may have, everyone here I have found to be very helpful.
Good luck
Edward Shook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 02:34 PM   #4

Thanks for the warm welcome! There's one listed on ebay that seems to be in my price range and more importantly, it's within driving distance. What does everyone think????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...3ALCA%3AUS%3A11

Also, can someone provide me with the links to the other boards that were mentioned? BTW, I never knew there were 5th wheel fiberglass trailers - WOW!
Old 04-05-2006, 03:05 PM   #5

Trailer: 78 Scamp 13 ft
HI!! Oh we JUST bought our '78 Scamp off of ebay! I couldn't believe it- to find one for sale in our state.. we just were not prepared to go out of state for something!

Hubby and I just wanted something better than a tent- (we did tenting long long ago and I'm too old for that hassle now) and a bit less hassle than the pop-ups. For quick, weekend jaunts all over our lovely State!

Ours needs a little bit of TLC, too. I am wondering will the fridge in ours even still work?? LOL The stove burnertop is still in ours- we tested it- it works okay, but it's got rust all over it! I want to test for any sort of gas leaks, too in the entire line.. I can't imagine me being without the burners--- I just can't do breakfasts and stuff in a microwave! There IS an old little microwave in the closet of our trailer- apparently, the former owners used it!

If you are in the least bit handy- you can do it. We paid 2, 275.00 for ours. With a bit of TLC- It seems the value may go up a bit!!!!!
Deb in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:47 PM   #6

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
Debra:

About your fridge: a teensy little reminder that these absorption units take forever to get going (inherent in the designs). We always start it up the day before.
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:54 PM   #7

Any feedback on the scamp on eBay? I think I can make it ther in about three hours. I'm considering going to check it out on Saturday. Is there anything major I should look for or ask questions about? Thanks!
Old 04-05-2006, 11:01 PM   #8

go to document center to the left and print out the check list for you dont miss anything...
Dan Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 06:33 AM   #9

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Any feedback on the scamp on eBay? I think I can make it ther in about three hours. I'm considering going to check it out on Saturday. Is there anything major I should look for or ask questions about? Thanks!
Hi Paul, and welcome to the Forums!

The Scamp on eBay seems to be a reasonable buy if you're reasonably handy. A new stove is around $120. A new three-way fridge will run you over $500 (at the bottom end of the fridge line). An icebox, of course, is much less money. An LP tank is $29 at Sam's, and a regulator will run around $30. Then, of course, if the gas plumbing was removed that will need to be re-run. An axle, if needed, will run about $500 installed (roughly). Make sure that there is no floor rot or leaks anywhere in the trailer.

Given all of the above, it looks like it is in nice condition.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 06:45 AM   #10

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
I'd be tempted to 'buy it now.' If you're at all handy, you can put a little work into it and - if it still doesn't suit you - sell it for at least what you paid for it. Meanwhile, you'll get some experience with eggs and egg maintenance, and if you want something better, you'll know exactly what to look for. These rigs aren't easy to find - especially anywhere near home. He who hesitates is eggless!
jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:23 AM   #11

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Looks like I snoozed on this one. It sold this morning at 1:15am. I contacted the seller to let me know if the deal falls through. I guess I'm still looking. I never realized how sought after these trailers are, I'll chaulk this up to a lesson learned.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:33 AM   #12

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I'll chaulk this up to a lesson learned.
gosh can I relate. I lost out of 3 different trailers, one by a mere 15 minutes.

You snooze, you lose is definitely the name of the game when it comes to decently priced molded lightweight fiberglass RVs.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote