New Member Seeks Advice - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-17-2015, 12:59 PM   #15

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
I go to the occasional RV show in SoCal for ideas for refurbishing as well as to cruise the accessories areas. I always get entrance passes from my local RV dealership.
Just look at the list of who has a display and hit them up on the way to the show.

For the $10 parking fee it's a good afternoon of entertainment and cheaper than the movies by a bunch.....

BTW: I went to the Quatrzite show once but never again. It's 95% geared to the hbig $$$ motorhome crowd. But the local RV parts shops and flea markets are worth the trip and they are free.

Old 01-17-2015, 01:14 PM   #16
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Nest fan, Airstream Sold
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
For the $10 parking fee it's a good afternoon of entertainment and cheaper than the movies by a bunch.....
I agree Bob.

Old 01-17-2015, 01:27 PM   #17
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Nest fan, Airstream Sold
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
is they will not find to many if any brands of fiberglass trailers at an RV show - if any at all.
Oh boy. Carol you need to come out here to Ontario. I have just one pic of an RV show display and what do you know...... a fiberglass trailer is in it.
Attached Thumbnails
bmw copy 495.jpg  
Old 01-17-2015, 01:30 PM   #18

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
The last RV show I attended the only thing I found that was of interest & that I wanted was a small waste basket. With the cost of the basket, parking and show entrance fee it may actually be the most expensive waste basket I have every owned whether for the home or trailer. :-)
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:32 PM   #19

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1 View Post
Oh boy. Carol you need to come out here to Ontario. I have just one pic of an RV show display and what do you know...... a fiberglass trailer is in it.
A Sidekick (trillium)? If it is, no big surprise as I mentioned that and a Bigfoot are going to be pretty well it at most shows - if they are any at all.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:43 PM   #20

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Oswego, NY
Registry
The only small trailers that have been at our Northeast RV shows has been T@Bs & rpods, neither of which are molded fiberglass. Since you are asking at a molded fiberglass forum, that is the type of trailer I'm assuming you are interested in.

As to a recommendation, if you can deal with a wet bath, and want to buy new, I'd look at an Escape 17B. It can be ordered with options to meet your requirements, although there is a fairly long wait - the next available pick up date as of today is October 15th.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 02:05 PM   #21

California
Me thinks that the O.P. mentioned wanting to get something quickly, when they return in March or April. Pretty much leaves out most "New" ones that usually have to be ordered.

But there is always Scamp, they often have a few on the lot for immediate delivery.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:01 PM   #22

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
New Member Seeks Advice

For the conventional oven requirement, Wal-Mart has an Oster tabletop convection toaster/oven (for about $40) that
bakes faster than our conventional home built-in oven. The circulating hot air of the "convection mode" seems to really
speed cooking time.

Ray

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 01-17-2015, 11:16 PM   #23

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdickens View Post
For the conventional oven requirement, Wal-Mart has an Oster tabletop convection toaster/oven (for about $40) that
bakes faster than our conventional home built-in oven.
Thats what I use in my trailer when I want to bake something - although its been less frequently used than I though it may be when I purchased it. Mostly it stays hidden away in the back bench storage area. It does not take up much space and is pretty light.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:09 AM   #24

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
I've got to agree with Glenn, paying anything, including parking to look at something that someone is trying to sell you is bogus to me other than a buck to get into the swapmeet . It's part of the builders marketing costs. Would you pay $ just to go check out anything new at a big box, clothing store or maybe your local car dealer? Many years ago I drove 30 miles to a boat show. Nothing was ever said in commercials for it to an entrance fee. I was ticked but paid it just because of the miles driven. Saw the one boat I was interested in, didn't buy it and have never gone to another "show" again of any kind that charges you for the privilege of looking at their wares. I don't see it as money well spent for a day of enjoyment but as being ripped off.
Sorry, I'm a bit off topic but this pushes my button.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:09 AM   #25

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Ovens.

We had one in our motorhome when we started RVing. It was usable but not nearly as good as a traditional home oven. Since switching to small trailers 7 years ago we have not had an oven while traveling. For us this means the majority of the year.

Humans are very adaptable and we found it easy to live without an oven, (a microwave, ice, a large fridge, .....). We find if we want to make a meatloaf, or have a cookie, there are other ways. Part of small trailer living is changing.

Actually, unlike when we had a motorhome, we have come to recognize that we don't need a traveling home but rather need to travel.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:14 AM   #26

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Ovens.

Actually, unlike when we had a motorhome, we have come to recognize that we don't need a traveling home but rather need to travel.
That is a profound statement, Norm. It puts a lot of "Do You Need This or That?" threads into perspective. It's easy for me and others I'm sure to fall into that trap. "If I only had an "__"... or "__" it would sure make life easier" (fill in the blanks). One of my goals for traveling and camping is to simplify my life with less stuff. I'm struggling with a life long habit of buying whatever I think I need. Thanks for the reminder.

Sorry, don't mean to change the subject. Carry on.

Tom
Old 01-18-2015, 10:30 AM   #27

California
Yep, and I, for one, hope Norm's wisdom and experience puts to rest the "Bigger is Better" thought heard earlier/elsewhere.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:31 PM   #28

Name: Patrick
Trailer: R-Vision Trail Lite
New York
The two RV Shows in eastern upstate New York so far this winter season have been FREE admission and FREE parking....I agree the idea of paying to look at what you are considering buying is not my idea of the way to shop.