New Member Seeks Advice - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-18-2015, 02:17 PM   #29
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
Free RV Shows are common in SoCal, but they are almost always sponsored by 1 or 2 big dealers and they are usually just trying to sell off a collection of used & Repo'ed class "A" & class "C" motorhomes. I went to one last year and there were exactly three trailers, all over 20' long, and no accessory vendors. They knew what their show was worth... "0".

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 02:35 PM   #30
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Oswego, NY
Originally Posted by Uplander View Post
The two RV Shows in eastern upstate New York so far this winter season have been FREE admission and FREE parking....I agree the idea of paying to look at what you are considering buying is not my idea of the way to shop.
True, but both were dealer sponsored, i.e. The Great Outdoors & Camping World. The big show in March (March 5-8) has free parking, but a $10.00 admission charge. Even with the "available anywhere" $2.00 discount, I'll probably attend, even though there won't be any RVs that I'm interested in. I still enjoy looking at what is available, and sometimes get ideas for modifications & additions for my Escape.

Jon Vermilye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:19 AM   #31
Name: Tim
Trailer: boler
I was in BC this past September and went and had a look at the Escape. Very nice design and they will add custom stuff right at the factory, ie solar power, bike rack. They have a lot of option you can add to make it your own. I met a number of people there on the tour of the factory and escape trailers will even assist you in getting it across the border. web site Escape Trailer Industries – Chilliwack, British Columbia it does take a while to get it as the build to order, They have different size too. The 17' Plan B has toilet shower and even 2 pers dinette while the bed is made in the back. Definitely worth checking out.

slimmit is offline   Reply With Quote