New members here from Franklin TN - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2018, 09:37 PM   #1

Name: Fredrick
Trailer: Escape 21C
Tennessee
Smile New members here from Franklin TN

Wife Holly & I are new to RVs and TTs and new owners of a 2018 Casita 17'Independence Dlx
We tow her with a 2017 Frontier Crew Cab, Longbed, V6..seems to like the tow too.
Old time "tenters" including my 10 yr stint as an Assistant Scoutmaster 25+yrs ago. This is our first TT so please cut us some slack if we ask dumb ??s .
We picked her up at the Casita factory 2 weeks ago and had 3 fine days campimng on the way back. Luckily we live only 3 miles The Trace & from "Big Bridge" over Hwy 96.
Fred762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:23 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred762 View Post
This is our first TT so please cut us some slack if we ask dumb ??s .
Fred,

Congratulations on your new Casita and welcome to the forum. I was in Troop 414 before we had to give up our unit number in the 1970's and it became Troop 566.

This sounds like a perfect fit as I tend to come up with some really dumb answers, as many of the regulars here can attest!

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 02:53 AM   #3

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Welcome to FGRV Fredrick. That's a nice floor plan you have there, you'll like it. Bring on any questions, there are no dumb ones. But I remember one of a "hatch" cover that got a slew of answers which were all correct....until the OP posted a picture of the cover. Turned out we were all wrong as he was asking about a "vent" cover . Civilguy is right, we can and do give dumb answers ONCE IN A WHILE.....but pictures keep us honest .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 05:59 AM   #4

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Tennessee
Welcome aboard Fredrick and Holly. We live just a bit south of you, down in Chapel Hill TN, and have enjoyed the heck out of our Escape.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:17 AM   #5

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Boerne, Texas
Fred and Holly, congratulations on your new Casita. We’ve become familiar with Franklin from our trips to Hohenwald and the Oliver factory. Beautiful area that we enjoy visiting. All questions are good questions! Mike
2016 Oliver Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Carol and Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:13 AM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, Fred and Holly!

You are welcome to ask as many questions here as you like, but I will also suggest the A-Z Casita Guide, available through Love My Casita, Amazon, or Little House Customs.

Have tons of fun with that new Independence!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:40 AM   #7

Name: BARNEY
Trailer: CASITA
Georgia
Franklin , tenn. Is on my bucketlist of places to visit.
BARNEYCONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:50 PM   #8

Tennessee
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
Welcome aboard Fredrick and Holly. We live just a bit south of you, down in Chapel Hill TN, and have enjoyed the heck out of our Escape.
If we were gonna move from here, that area wd be high on the list. Chapel Hill is a nice place, wh we visited a month or so ago. Shux we might even be looking for 5-10 acres with a hill for a backstop for our shooting range ;-)
Old 05-04-2018, 05:57 AM   #9

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred762 View Post
If we were gonna move from here, that area wd be high on the list. Chapel Hill is a nice place, wh we visited a month or so ago. Shux we might even be looking for 5-10 acres with a hill for a backstop for our shooting range ;-)
I would encourage you to buy a place close to my house, so I could have somewhere to shoot close by . While land can still be bought pretty reasonably down here, prices are definitely trending up.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:30 AM   #10

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARNEYCONE View Post
Franklin , tenn. Is on my bucketlist of places to visit.
Better hurry..the dang place is getting so popular that trafic on our old 2 lane roads is getting congested to the point that we now have rush minute.
Franklin was the state capital 200 yrs ago and is littered w Civil War history. Battles of Franklin And Nashville and nearby Stones River battlefields, plus the high knob from wh Yankee signalers could swifty contact reinforcing troops ~25 miles away at Murfreesboro, etc .. Nice little burg. Not to mention we live on west side, away from bustle and 3 miles from the beautiful camper-friendly Natchez Trace!!!
Old 05-04-2018, 08:10 AM   #11

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Welcome to the FG world.

We love to eat at the "Chop House" on 96 w/the hickory smoke grilled ribeye. But for travel with the Scamp, we hit the Trace down near Summer Town and head SOUTH! Traffic up 65 and into Nashville now has become a living nightmare....just about ANY time of the day. And unfortunately, the growth is rapidly moving south towards Columbia- my home town.
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:22 AM   #12

Name: Mel
Trailer: N/A
Tennessee
Welcome Fred and Holly

Hope you love your new Casita.

Tennessee is a beautiful state, and you're in one of the best areas to enjoy it, especially with your TT! But of course you already know that. Have fun!
Mel MF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:17 AM   #13

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Congratulations on your brand-new Casita! May you have many thousands of happy miles and hundreds of restful nights with it!

BEST,
Kai
Old 05-11-2018, 11:45 AM   #14

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi Fred and Holly,

Laura and I are in Bowling Green, KY. We are almost neighbors with ya. We are in our 3rd season with our '05 Casita 17' FD. Love it! I didn't get kicked out for asking dumb questions, so I think you are safe.

Hope to see ya in The Campground,

Dean
Old 05-20-2018, 06:17 AM   #15

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Realizing I could camp out in my Lil Snoozy helped me recover from an exacerbation of depression at being too declined to backpack or car camp. For me the hardest part is making the bed. Amazingly enough the bed is the most the most comfortable one we own. Hope to see y'all round the campfire