New Owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #1

Name: Kathryn
Trailer: U-Haul
Mississippi
New Owner

We bought a 1984 U Haul CT-13. Just wanted to share our progress. We decided to take out the carpet on ceiling and floor and replace it with wood
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0271.jpg   IMAG0273.jpg  

IMAG0278.jpg   IMAG0277.jpg  

LuvMYUHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #2

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Cool

Welcome Kathryn,
You will LOVE your UHaul. Wonderful adventures just ahead. The more UHaulers here the better.
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Welcome. You've got a great little trailer there.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #4

Name: Brooke
Trailer: U Haul CT13
California
Looking forward to seeing your progress!
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #5

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
You will find lots of good ideas here. What I ended up doing is I have a free PDF creator call cutePDF. (there are many others too). when I come across a page full of ideas I just use CTL P and print to the pdf file from this website. I have a folder just for my Egg and now have dozens of articles that I have saved with super information. I found that if I didnt print it out then, there is SO much data on this forum that sometimes its hard to find it again with the Search mode. I save all the pictures and everything I can for reference.
Good Luck. You will see my posts all over the place as I have just started mine too
Here are some of my pictures
http://s1141.beta.photobucket.com/user/GMikea/library/My%20Casita%20Restoration
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #6

Name: Mary
Trailer: 1985 Burro 13'
Oregon
That is a great tip, Mike! I had a similar idea to start a pinterest board, but I think that using cute pdf and saving in a file sounds easier.
just mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #7

Texas
using PDF creator

Thanks
Here is one that I saved using CutePDF on Carpets. Anytime in the future I could put these into a PDF editor and clean them up but for now they are great pieces. [cant load it - too big]
Maybe the Admin will open up a forum just to allow users to post PDF files on how to's etc etc

Well I thought that would be a good idea but I see the limit is 400K pdf which is not very big. Mine are typically a meg or more. Oh well we can always email them to each other via our own resources if need be.

Mike
If you Rest, You Rust
Old 03-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #8

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Couple things I notice that you could explain please. Does it still have the furnace, looks like a cover over the vent. Are there extra round tail lights inboard from the original lights. How are the windows, do they leak. Is that a light above the closet door? We're still debating what to do with the floor in ours, either replace the carpet, or something else. Enjoy your camper, lots of info on them here.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by just mary View Post
That is a great tip, Mike! I had a similar idea to start a pinterest board, but I think that using cute pdf and saving in a file sounds easier.
I don't like to save big files on my computer, so I have an Excel Spreadsheet that I've copied the URL of a topic (or picture) in one column and a title that's meaningful in another column (all on the same record). I just click on the URL and the good ole computer takes me right to what I want to see or read. Easy peasy. YMMV

Oh my stars Kathryn, I forgot to say
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #10

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
There are a lot of UH owners in this group, welcome !! I Love my CT too.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #11

Name: Clayton
Trailer: 19' 1977 BIGGAR
British Columbia
Welcome, Kathryn!

I think we all have our own systems that work. I have my bookmarks organized into folders entitled "trailer glass repair", "trailer electrical", "trailer plumbing" and more. I just bookmark any thread I want to remember in it's appropriate place and it's nice because I can rename the bookmark to whatever I want to help me remember why I saved it.

Since I use Firefox, my bookmarks are syncronized across all my devices so I can look it up at home on my laptop, desktop, work computer or even my android phone.

Have fun working on your trailer!!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #12

Texas
Hello again and I agree to a certain point. I have tried to follow some of the threads on this forum that link to other sites Donna (or others recommend) and then I see a "Welcome to Shutter Bug" or other URLS that have vanished!! So yes you are correct that its cool to refer to them and save them in a spread sheet BUT if they are external URL links then there is a good chance that they are gone. At least if you print them whilst (I love that Canadian or English word). Then at least you can get a solid print out of text and pictures before they are gone. You can see than on Flicka,shutterbug or photobucket links on this site that are history.
Mike
If you Rest, You Rust
Old 03-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #13

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Mike, you're right. If I owned a [brand] of trailer and was concerned about [problem], I would want to document the solution by capturing the information. But, that's not my case. I read everything and can recall who posted what from years ago. My database, is just a "rememberer." My solution for helping others is what works for me. I'm not looking for solutions to help me.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #14

Texas
I have noticed that you are a walking reference manual and enjoy your comments and links that you keep managing to pop up with. Pretty cool. Sometimes I lay something down and cant find it ten minutes later.
If you Rest, You Rust