New owner of a 1980 Burro 13' - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2015, 10:44 PM   #1

Name: Bill
Trailer: 1981 Burro 13'
North Carolina
New owner of a 1980 Burro 13'

Hi All,

Just bought a 1980 Burro 13' and looking forward to renovating the decor from a Hawaiian theme to a Southwest/Native American theme like my home. I will post pics as I start the process and look forward to meeting some of you on the road over the next couple of years. I've been looking for something like this for a very long time. I needed something very light as I drive, for now, a 2010 Kia Sportage 4X4 with a limited weight capability. The Burro is under 1000 lbs, and will suit my needs perfectly. I've had pop-ups, 23' metal siders and a lot of tents. Too old for the tents now, and too lazy for the pop-ups. Will spend this summer and maybe next on "training" runs as I plan on a year long North American camp out the following year. My Burro is slightly different in that the former owner just painted it "battleship grey". He did such a good job on the painting and renovation, I won't change it back to the original white color. I am going to buy new "logos" for it, black and black. I will have USMC metallic stickers on at least the front and back windows. When static, I plan of flying both the American flag and a Marine Corp flag from the tongue of the camper. Hopefully, I'll see you around the Smokies or Shenandoah this summer.

Coyote Bill
Old 04-26-2015, 11:19 PM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Welcome to FGRV Bill. I like the grey color and the logos and flags will set it off very well.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:23 AM   #3

North Carolina
Thanks Dave! I'll be posting pics as I redecorate in the coming weeks.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:17 AM   #4

Name: bill
Trailer: Burro
Tennessee
Bill, I also have an '80 Burro. I'm sort of (very slowly) doing it in a Hawaiian/tie-dye/beach theme. Got any items I could maybe use that you are getting rid of? Upholstery covers, decor, anything else? I've been debating about doing some kind of bamboo or something to replace the grey carpet on the ceiling seam. What does your Hawaiian theme use for that? I'm in East Tennessee, if you ever get this way. Good luck.
billhenry58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:25 AM   #5

North Carolina
1980 Burro

Bill,

I do have Hawiian themed curtains that are new and look good, just not my style. I'll try to take some pics in the next few days and post them. Other than that, the previous owner did a great job on the rehab.

I'm thinking of using leather for my new curtains and will use a Native American blanket for the bed cover. I'm probably going to get new cushions made for the front seats and have a thicker mattress done for the back. The bed will be permanent as I don't plan on having more than two people inside at any given time.

Let me know how to get in touch with you and I'll send curtain pics directly. I will be in GSMNP some time in June for the firefly display. I don't have a date yet, but saw it for the first time last year and it was awesome.

Thanks
Old 04-28-2015, 06:52 PM   #6

Name: bill
Trailer: Burro
Tennessee
my email is billhenry58@gmail.com. I might be interested in the curtains. I have tie-dye now, but a second set might be handy. Do you have covers for the original seat cushions? thanks.
billhenry58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:42 PM   #7

North Carolina
Curtains

Bill,

Tried to take pics with phone today, but believe my phone cam is maxed out. Will take pics with real camera in the morning and send them to your email addy. Basically, ITMT, they are black background with "bird of paradise" printed on them. Very Hawaiian as I was just there in March and saw lots of them.

Tomorrow,

Bill
Old 05-02-2015, 05:46 PM   #8

North Carolina
Bill,

Finally had some sunshine today and got pics taken of curtains. Sending them via email now.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:54 PM   #9

Name: Jim
Trailer: Looking for RV
Pennsylvania
New Burro

Congratulations. I bought a new to me 84 Burro 2 weeks ago. I had the same problem as you. Jeep Wrangler's are not know for their towing abilities.

A Burro is a good solution. They are great little trailers. very light You have an easy to tow package, yet from the outside you would never guess the amount of usable interior space inside. Enjoy. Over time I plan on a lot of improvements, but I'm enjoying it now.
forteune is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro