New owner of a Uhaul ct13 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2019, 07:02 PM   #1

Name: Tracy
Trailer: UHaul ct13
Texas
Registry
Talking New owner of a Uhaul ct13

Hi Dan & Tracy here. Bought a UHaul Ct13 It will need some work before we takei it out. Hoping you all can help us with that
Trac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:47 PM   #2

Name: Daniel
Trailer: Sold it
Northern VA
Welcome Dan and Tracy.

Good info here on projects. What do you need to do?
Old 04-26-2019, 07:48 PM   #3
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Welcome to the forum Tracy! There is a wealth of knowledge here. Just ask your question and I'm sure there will be someone that can help!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:53 PM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Some good info here but many things are unique to the Uhauls. There is also a very good Uhaul Facebook group that has many members and plenty of information.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:31 PM   #5

Texas
Registry
windows

Our first task is to take care of the leaks.
Wondering if the windows can be repaired or if there are replacements
Old 04-27-2019, 04:36 AM   #6

Name: Gary
Trailer: UHaul CT13
Iowa
Tracy,
Welcome to the weird n wonderful world of U-Haul campers.

At the top of the page, in the "More" drop-down, is the "Document Center"... and toward the end of that page, under "Manufacturers", there's a guide you can download for a full rebuild of the U-Haul windows.
Fiberglass RV - Document Center - U-Haul Side Window Repair Information

A number of folks have used that guide to rebuild their windows. They're still a little fussy, even after that, but at least then all the materials are new, and the chances for eliminating any persistent leaks are good.

Some folks have just gotten windows custom made---Motion Windows is one source. [but several hundred dollars per window]
Some have made fillers for the opening, and installed the smaller Scamp windows.
I slightly enlarged the openings on our CT13, and put 20x24 horse-trailer sliders in the side windows [very affordable, but there's that having-to-modify the opening thing], and a Scamp rear window.

Best of luck, whatever way forward you choose...
Gary
Old 04-27-2019, 04:39 AM   #7

Name: Gary
Iowa
Here's a link to the last page of my long-winded CT thread... toward the bottom of the page I describe the windows install in ours.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-66181-17.html
Old 04-27-2019, 01:36 PM   #8

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Always enjoy seeing another vintage egg being brought back to glory, especially a Uhaul.
Please post some pics, before and after.

Walt
Old 04-27-2019, 05:38 PM   #9

Texas
Registry
Question solar panel on top original?

We just discovered that there is a small solar panel on the top of our UHaul. is this original/standard or an add on?
Old 04-27-2019, 06:35 PM   #10

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
The solar panel is original but was only to maintain the battery while the trailers sat on the rental lots. The controller is mounted on the side of the battery box. It may or may not still work. Ours did not. I disagree on the weatherstrip recommendation for use on the side windows but that's another story I'll avoid at this time. Look into replacing the body to frame bolts as they typically rust away where they pass through the floor. Everyone is using elevator bolts as replacements. Check frame for rust through, mainly in the tubular sections and also the whole thing for cracks. CT's did not have brakes and they use sealed bearing hubs that are not serviceable (can not be greased). Wheels are special and sometimes can be purchased through Uhaul's eBay store.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:43 AM   #11
JAB

Name: John & Joanne
New Hampshire
Hi Dan and Tracy,
We bought a refurbished CT-13 two years ago and it's been great. I'll add one caution and one recommendation:
1. The well where the table pipe fits is a weak spot. Ours nearly broke through while traveling. So (a) disassemble the table when on the road and (b) if the well fitting is damaged it can be replaced with a better upgrade available at Camping World (I can get the part # if necessary).
2. We had the hinge for the front bunks but nothing else so I built a small upper bunk from plywood and supported it with removable rigid pvc tubing that includes a safety rail. Works great for our two grandkids. If you're intersted I'll get you photos.

The memebers here are very helpful. Welcome! John
JAB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
uhaul