New owner of: Predom Prespol N-126 ? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-06-2014, 09:49 PM   #41

Name: Illa
Trailer: Predom Prespol N-126 E
Ontario
The fridge is in storage and I have thought about it quite often. And. Have decided to put it back in. After/ if I can get it fixed. As you may have guessed it is in polish, so I may need to do some learning on that side .... Hahahaha
Illa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:19 AM   #42

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1982 16 ft
Registry
Illa;

I may be able to help you translate the directions for the fridge. It is indeed Polish. The photo showing the inside of the door reads:
SER = cheese
MASŁO = butter
The next photo shows the instructions for using either propane or electric.
ZASILANIE GAZOWE = gas supply
If you can take a few good clear photos, I should be able to do that for you.

Vic
Victor Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:16 AM   #43

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illa View Post
The fridge is in storage and I have thought about it quite often. And. Have decided to put it back in. After/ if I can get it fixed. As you may have guessed it is in polish, so I may need to do some learning on that side .... Hahahaha
For what it is worth, not having any idea as to what the mechanics or make of your fridge are or what its issues where in regards to not working, a few people have had success with bringing an old fridge back to life by removing it and turning it upside down and leaving it stored upside down for awhile.

As you have it out already that may be worth exploring a bit more. Do a google of this site on the topic for more info on how/why that works and on what type of fridge it will work.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:31 PM   #44

Ontario
Victor,Thank you for your reply

Victor, Thank you for your reply I will try my best to upload the pic's for you to translate.
Illa
Old 03-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #45

Ontario
Victor,Thank you for your reply

try #3
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN1321.jpg   DSCN1322.jpg  

DSCN1323.jpg  
Old 03-07-2014, 08:50 PM   #46

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
use the google site search or just google "burping a propane refrigerator" I found this link originally posted by Byron K. on burping Mythbusters Burp the Fridge - Airstream Forums

Propane fridges don't have a compressor so a bubble in the coolant can be enough to interfere with the operation. Burping gets the bubble moved and broken up. They can also develop sludge, or crystals that block coolant moving, that too can be loosened by burping but may be less long term solution.

You have nothing to loose the fridge is already out, ready to burp. Except the time to hook it up and see if it works after burping.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:46 AM   #47

Name: carolus999
Trailer: Predom - Niewiadow
aNTWERPEN
Dometic 60Liter/ condenser fridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
For what it is worth, not having any idea as to what the mechanics or make of your fridge are or what its issues where in regards to not working, a few people have had success with bringing an old fridge back to life by removing it and turning it upside down and leaving it stored upside down for awhile.

As you have it out already that may be worth exploring a bit more. Do a google of this site on the topic for more info on how/why that works and on what type of fridge it will work.
Hello Illa,
Your fridge should be a condenser type of fridge, works on gas and mains at probably 220Volt! Which is to be found still now almost unchanged in the Dometic camping range. So no compressor there my dear. These fridges work well but rather slowly in cold delivery. Gas works it more efficiently. Look for the gas feed and the command button(s) on the cooker above. These fridges need a good draft to cool down the condenser element behind. If the piezo lighter does not work start it on low with a match. Not much can go wrong with them as they are shake proof.
Don't throw it away, learn to use it instead.
Did you get my posting of yesterday about your top coat blistering... I don't see the transmission appearing?

Best regards,

Charles
carolus999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:17 AM   #48

Ontario
Propane fridge

Thank you for your input regarding my fridge.
It has been a rough winter here in Canada, and as you can probably tell from my camper pic, we have had crazy amount of snow this year. The fridge is in the shed, buried.
I will be putting the fridge back in the trailer once it has been fixed (professionally) as I have no sarge to be blown up inside my trailer. When I took it out I discovered a scary mess and was glad that no propane tank was hooked up.
There is no vent on the outside where the fridge is located. And I will also have to get someone to hook up the stove. So far no one here has ever seen the connections on the inside of the stove.
When I unhooked everything, there were a mixture of 3 way brass fitting and balcony hose running behind. Needless to say I cut everything apart to start fresh without a chance of a small leak.
Anyways, I find all the information on this group very helpful, and look forward to reading more.
Thank you all for all your input so far
Old 03-10-2014, 02:18 AM   #49

aNTWERPEN
Wink Refitting polsky version Dometic fridge in N126

[QUOTE=Illa;445627]Thank you for your input regarding my fridge.
It has been a rough winter here in Canada, and as you can probably tell from my camper pic, we have had crazy amount of snow this year. The fridge is in the shed, buried.
I will be putting the fridge back in the trailer once it has been fixed (professionally) as I have no sarge to be blown up inside my trailer. When I took it out I discovered a scary mess and was glad that no propane tank was hooked up.
There is no vent on the outside where the fridge is located. And I will also have to get someone to hook up the stove. So far no one here has ever seen the connections on the inside of the stove.
When I unhooked everything, there were a mixture of 3 way brass fitting and balcony hose running behind. Needless to say I cut everything apart to start fresh without a chance of a small leak.
Anyways, I find all the information on this group very helpful, and look forward to reading more.

Hello there Illa,

Well yes you are right in taking the safe path for refitting the fridge.
If fitted originally it would have been having a light alloy tube going to fit on the outer shell as an exhaust and an unmistakable metal squarish vent.
Running above the fridge would have been a non flexible brass feed specific for the fridge with a conical fitting screwed tight with a banjo bolt. Both the cooker and the fridge,with a tap each, in the lower corner of the cabinet, next door.
Next to that, one lower air-venting above and a second one right down to the floor, facing the back of the fridge, both rectangular 27cmx10cm in opening. This is for cooling down the unit and for safety reason with gas in mind. This is also to create a needed draft. Any screw on type venting system which is corrosion and weather proof will do. Use a sealant putty on the matting sfc.
Now you say propane, which is more efficient and works better but is also more explosive than butane, the last being more commonly used in camping vans where one can sleep. See your local rules if applicable. Therefore regulator for each type of gas comes set at a different pressure.
Hope this gives you some confidence in tackling the proper refit.

Yes you in the whole of Northern America have indeed been exposed to a lasting polar spill while we had a super mild winter in Europe. I can only guess on the weather comments from my far away relatives in Victoria SK.

Spring greetings to you and "Daisy
Charles,
P.S : I will send another info on the outside blistering subject later. Summer works in view for that one.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:31 PM   #50

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
YO! I've received info from a former member of FiberglassRV for a refrigerator repair place in Ontario. I know nothing about it, but my friend recommended it.. for what it's worth: http://www.gammonsrv.com/11201.html
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:34 AM   #51

Ontario
Paint with a roller?

Hi,
I have never painted anything with a roller other then walls .... Does it really work on the cadet?
Can you post a pic of your trailer?

I am very interested in painting the cadet, but unsure of the roller thing ;(
Iam sure I will feel better about it once I see your roller work
Now as for the small cracks/vain/spider like ware on the trailer .... Once sanded will they disappear?
Should I add some gloss afterwards?
I will defiantly keep all of you wonderful people up dated as I fix daisy up.

Today I received a interesting information regarding finding parts for my tailer Its a company that buys all the left over parts and sells them to people who can't find them anywhere. From what I understand they are like the liquidation world for trailer parts.
I am very excited to figure out if they can fit my trailer with windows
Camping season is coming!!
And I have the camping bug!
Old 03-21-2014, 07:31 PM   #52

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Camping season is coming!!
And I have the camping bug!
YES IT IS and we ALL have that camping bug!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:07 AM   #53

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1982 16 ft
Registry
Polish Translations & Comments

Illa;

Sorry to have taken so long to get back to this. Here it is, along with my comments.

A. Electrical Power Regulator Max Min
Power Supply
B. 220V
D. 12V
E. (piezoelectric ignitor)
F. Gas Regulator Max Min

(using) Gas Supply (propane)
1. Turn the Gas Regulator knob “F” to the “MAX”
2. Push knob “E” (piezoelectric ignitor) in and hold for about 25 seconds; then turn it to the right 2 or 3 times.
3. The lit burner and burner chamber should be visible through the eyepiece. After lighting, hold knob “E” pressed in for another 30 seconds.
4. In the absence of ignition, the operations with knob “E” must be repeated.

DO NOT USE GAS AND ELECTRICAL POWER AT THE SAME TIME

(using) Power Supply
1. The gas supply must be closed
2. Turn on either the 22v switch or the 12v switch. Do not operate both at the same time.
3. Control the temperature starting with the MAX position.

I do have a couple of additional comments. Modern 3-way fridges usually have a different instruction for point 4 under using propane. That version would state:

"In the absence of ignition, release Knob "E" and wait a few minutes. Then repeat steps 1, 2 & 3. If the burner cannot be lit this way, manual lighting can be tried."

It appears that depressing Knob "E" opens the gas supply manually, and it must be kept depressed until the burner runs on its own (that is, the burner thermocouple warms up enough to keep the valve open).

If the burner lights OK, but cannot be kept lit, no matter how long you keep knob "E" depressed, it indicates a thermocouple failure.

Since electric switch C is missing, it seems to imply the fridge had a 110V model.

Under point 1 in Electric usage, it implies, but does not state specifically that knob "F", the gas regulator know should be turned to MIN. I have interpreted the electric instructions the best that I can, since there is not a good photo of it.

Hope this helps!

All in all, very standard instructions.
Victor Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:31 PM   #54

Ontario
Decoded fridge ;)

Thank you for your talent
I look forward to looking at my fridge in a new light, when I can get to the fridge, I will post better pics.
Thank you for your time, I appreciate it!
I have come to love this form and all the awesome support & wisdom it has offered me so far
Illa
Old 05-01-2014, 08:14 AM   #55

aNTWERPEN
Hello dear,

Regarding the painting of a caravan trailor body in polyester an appropriate paint roller
(of the smaller size) will do perfectly with a boat quality paint.
First of all the preparation is of great importance. San it by hand, wet and dry, or with the help of a professional machine with 150 grain, therafter 400 Grain till smooth and ready degreased. Then apply your first coast of primer which is best of the same make
and kind as your final finish layer. I advise you contrast with smaller parts, rails, door... of the main body. Do this on a dry day either outside (beware of insects) or inside in a dust free environment. Applying several layers is always better than overloading. Sand lightly with 600 grain W&Dry in between totally dry layers.
Good luck and patience always pays off, especially during your super long spring days in Canada. http://P1012931 from my old Macbook.
I have joined a picture of my painted Predom but I am unsure about the transmission result on ths site , Grey and red for contrast.
Let me about the result please. I needed I can send this pic by Email.
Sorry I was out of contact for a chile for urgent family reasons>
Old 05-19-2014, 08:24 PM   #56

Ontario
I will try to post better pics for you right now
Old 05-19-2014, 08:30 PM   #57

Ontario
Here are better pictures of the fridge
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 11-09-2015, 02:09 PM   #58

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Cadet/Predom etc N126

Quote:
Hello everyone
I have just purchased a Predom Prespol N-126 (not to sure of the letter, due to fading) it could be: a, e. let me know what you think.
The inside is red, the windows need to be replaced. So if anyone knows who has the windows and/or how to make sure I measure properly, please let me know.
I bought this trailer in Winnipeg, and the couple said it was imported from Poland, there is polish writing all over the place (very interesting).
I am having a hard time finding the VIN# and the MTO had to make a new one.
Any information would be a pulse.
Like: age (they said 1992) Where to find the VIN# where they produce the window and window hooks (so I can slowly start saving for them)
I will try to update photos as I fix her up. I am going to name her daisy
Thank you for your time
Illa
Basically all the same model from the looks of it. Illa if you ever come across another u can contact me at studesrus@shaw.ca
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 10:08 AM   #59
dgb

Name: Doreen
Trailer: Cadet n126d
Tennessee
Registry
Name of camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
It was sold for a short time in Canada as a "Taurus Cadet"
I have a 1987 Cadet, and didn't know about the "Taurus" part of the name.
Is there a history on that somewhere?

Doreen
dgb is offline   Reply With Quote