New Owners of a My Pod Maxx - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-17-2014, 09:38 AM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
As you will see, the topic of towing limits is a hot button topic hereabouts, with all kinds of concerns, including safety, vehicle warranty and liability issues being discussed.

As I have never heard of a motorcycle owner wanting to tow an FGRV, I haven't researched that possibility but, with the advent of the "Little Guy", it sounds like that topic might be right around the corner.....

In my well known opinion; No matter how many peeps do the wrong thing successfully, it doesn't get any closer to being the right thing to do..
I hear ya...my major concern has been whether the Ford could tow anything since it is NOT rated for towing being a 4 cyl and all. I've even had the truck into a transmission shop to have them assess whether I need an auxiliary tranny cooler. After a careful assessment by the transmission shop, taking into consideration, the GCVW, the tongue weight, the weight of the gear, the decision was no need. We keep the weight down as much as possible, NOTHING in the Pod except our bedding, all of the gear goes in the Ford with the "heavier" items forward of the rear axle...the heaviest thing we have is the 10x10 screen room, approx. 30 lbs. No worries on the warranty, that expired a LONG time ago!

We are travelling for 3 weeks with minimal gear and clothing, minimal food stuff - we plan to eat out while we're in Yellowstone for convenience and to keep "bear tempting" smells to a minimum. We've done 3 "dry run" trips so far, a 4 hour trip to the Blue Ridge, a 5 hr trip to Charleston and a relatively local trip. Everything has gone smoothly. Had the Ford into the shop last week to have a full diagnostic, belts, hoses, radiator flush & fill, oil change, four new tires etc. Everything is good to go.
MillieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:14 AM   #22

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
What Ford do you have with a "0" tow rating???? Didn't know that there were any except for the real little ones.

BTW: There are a lot of 4 cylinder vehicles out there with tow ratings at and above 2000 lbs.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:09 PM   #23

It is one of the "real little ones", 2.3L. Technically it is rated to tow 1500, but that is really pushing it. The GVW is 4300 and the GCVW limit is 5100, not leaving much left for gear and gas :-)
Old 06-17-2014, 05:07 PM   #24

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry

Cool little trailer. I've been thinking there'd be a great market for something just like this in fiberglass. 500lbs . Maybe not pulled by a smart car but sure opens up the possibilities for a lot of people. I could downsize if we weren't expecting.

Here's a link to the official website.
Little Guy Teardrop Trailers | be different.

Did you get the basic or the max?
(#183)
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:31 PM   #25

We got the Max. The climate in NC kind of requires A/C in the summer, plus we head down to FL quite often.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:47 PM   #26

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15a
Minnesota
Congrats on the MyPod Max. We ended up with a LG T@G, but just sold it due to the kids (four legged). It was just a little too tight for all four of us. Our kids weight in at 60 and 50 pounds.

My understanding is the MyPod shell is made by ARE, which is known for their high quality truck toppers.

Enjoy!
Lv4toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 03:43 PM   #27
JCZ

Name: JC
Trailer: My Pod by Little Guy
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
We got the Max. The climate in NC kind of requires A/C in the summer, plus we head down to FL quite often.
Are you still in this group?

We recently bought a "used" 2016 My Pod and tow with our 2022 Hyundai Elantra hybrid......thus the reason that we went so small, so aerodynamic and so light weight. From Ft. Hood, Texas to Tucson, Az. we got about 38 mpg. Not looking back!
JCZ is offline   Reply With Quote