New Park Liner Heading to Atlanta, Ga - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #1

Name: Scott
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner
Georgia
New Park Liner Heading to Atlanta, Ga

Greetings from soon-to-be first-time egg owners in Atlanta, Ga. Our Park Liner (or parkliner) is in production now, and we cannot wait to pick it up next month. I am particularly excited about no longer having to setup and outfit a tent while trying to entertain and/or feed a 2 and 4 year old (although with practice, we seem to have gotten pretty good at it). Alas, we are graduating to a solid roof, indoor plumbing, climate control, and even refrigerated food storage This forum has been a great resource for us while we shopped, and we look forward to learning and sharing more in the future.
mrscottyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #2

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
O-o-o-h boy, am I envious!

I think the Parkliner is the cream of the crop as far as current new fiberglass trailers go...
Looking forward to pictures, especially of you and the kids living it up!

Keep us posted!
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #3

Name: Sean
Trailer: 1984 Uhaul CT 13
Georgia
Registry
Congratulations. Just got our fiberglass a few weeks ago for the same reason. We have a 2 and 4 yr old also. Looking forward to getting out in N. Ga this fall with it.
My U-haul Camper Blog
knighth001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:59 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
HI Scott welcome to FiberglassRV.

You will post pictures of you and the family and big ole grins, when you pick up the new trailer... won't you

I'm sure you'll make a ton of memories!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:39 AM   #5

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
There's a lot to be said for a fiberglass "tent" on wheels with amenities.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Congrats Scott. Any interesting options you ordered?
Glad to see Francesca back on the forum. I didn't think you'd be back. I have enjoyed all your posts.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #7

Georgia
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes.

Ken, we went for all of the options they offer except for the folding table. As much as we liked the concept and utility of the five different configurations, our expected use never seemed to coincide with the three that are made possible by the folding table. We chose the bunk bed option for the kids; we still need to determine if we need to add a safety rail on these, but since both beds tuck into the storage areas at the front of the camper, we think this will contain them quite well.

So we will have the screen door, dual batteries and propane tanks, A/C, furnace, fridge, and stove.

One customization that we chose was to furnish our own vinyl flooring in place of the style that they use. We chose a natural finish maple wood vinyl sheet floor and really hope it looks good in the camper. They have been very accommodating and helpful since we began the process.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #8

I think i remember that faux rock looking flooring from the 60's LOL. Is it true the toilet is a 12 volt macerator? Is this because the black tank is too high for gravity to flush it? Thanks.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #9
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Congratulations! I know how excited you must be. We're still shopping and are hoping to get our 'egg' soon!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #10

Georgia
The toilet is a 12v macerator type. I had concluded this was done primarily to facilitate the use of a common waste water tank (the ParkLiner does not have separate grey/black tanks). But I guess this design also solves the problem of making the waste go uphill as well. Since we have not owned or used either type regularly, I just went along with the option offered by the manufacturer on this one.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #11

I'd be curious to know how long the battery would handle the 20Amp flushing for boondocking or a no hookup weekend. Reading on class B forums they are very divided on of they like a macerator or not. You might be the only one on the forum here with that option, don't know for sure. Hope we can get your feedback in time. I wasn't aware of the common waste water tank.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #12

Name: M
Trailer: Influx
Usa
Our family is at the same stage as yours and we chose to get a ParkLiner too! I really thought it was the most flexible option for a foursome (and the bunks seemed sturdier as kids can get rambunctious as wells as when they grow and get heavier).
Mimi Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #13

Usa
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscottyg View Post
We chose the bunk bed option for the kids; we still need to determine if we need to add a safety rail on these, but since both beds tuck into the storage areas at the front of the camper, we think this will contain them quite well.
Our tykes are 4yrs and 21 months and we plan on adding safety railings of some sort. I do think the storage area at the head will contain them, but the Mr. tends towards the overprotective side.

Anyhows, wanted to mention that we slept shortways on the queenbed for the journey home until we figure the safety rails, and we actually fit comfortably. Mr (6'2") slept on the right side (headside normally?) the connects to the bottom bunk so he got the extra length he needed. The kiddies were sandwiched by both a wall or a parent, so no one fell off the bed.

This actually means there can be room to fit two more on the unused bunks!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #14

Mimi,
can't remember where, but someone made kids rails with Brass water pipe from Lowes/Home depot. A few 90 degree elbows soldered to make a u shape. That stuff is very strong, the straight pieces are.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:01 PM   #15

Usa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C
Mimi,
can't remember where, but someone made kids rails with Brass water pipe from Lowes/Home depot. A few 90 degree elbows soldered to make a u shape. That stuff is very strong, the straight pieces are.
Thanks Ken. I'll go check it out.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #16

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Mimi, this might be the post Ken C referenced, but it's copper: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ail-25311.html you could make the same thing out of a good grade of PVC...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #17

Usa
So Awesome! This is exactly want the Mr. Wants to make from PVC. .
Old 03-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #18
DJO

Name: DJO
Trailer: Parkliner #40 something
Colorado
Registry
Hello Scott! Welcome! We can't wait to pick our Parkliner up soon also.

I too wonder whether or not one battery will be enough. I wonder about awnings for it. The recent awnings thread is pretty helpful though.

See you in Gibsonville!
DJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:24 AM   #19

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Our EggCamper came with one battery but I've added another. I have sleep apnea so use a cpap. The second battery will assure me that I'll have the "juice" to run that along with the furnace if needed. A campground with electric power isn't always available, especially in certain parts of the country in winter.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:39 AM   #20

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
Congrats Scott, I'm sure you are going to love your new trailer.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote