New Scamp - not yet. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-21-2015, 06:14 PM   #15
Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Come see ours

Originally Posted by pattimak View Post
Hi! I am Patti from Canada. I finally settled on a Scamp - new. As much as I would love to restore and make it mine, my husband and I do not have the skill or a whole lot of time. So we decided new. However how can I modify it to make it mine? We visit the factory next month (Aug). How can I get around the carpet on the walls??? I would love to put up tile and tweak out some extra counter space and hide those support bars (loved the box that Haunted Mansion made). Put in hardwoods. I have been reading the forums and there are some brilliant people out there. Any suggestions would be helpful. It is overwhelming reading posts. Thanks!
Marlene & I would love to show you ours and see the mods we have done. We just got back from a 10,000 km trip to the Maritimes. Lots to tell. We live In Steinbach. Contact us. There is also a FGRV meet at St Malo Prov Park on Aug 14-16. Join us there and become part of the group. As with the forum there is lots to share and learn in a group setting, not to mention the opportunity to meet new people.

Manitoba Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:21 PM   #16
Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Marlene & I would love to show you our 2014 Scamp 16 and the mods we've done. We just got back from a 10,000 km trip to The Maritimes.. Lots to tell. Contact us!
There is also an FGRV meet at St Malo Prov Park on Aug 14-16. Come join us there and become part of the group. So much to share and learn with one another, not to mention the opportunity to meet new people.

Manitoba Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 03:23 AM   #17
Name: Carol & Jim
Trailer: New 2015 16' Scamp
Quote referred to :New Scamp-not yet Patti and DH

Hey y'all! I am Carol and the Dear Hubby is Jim; we also are newbies. We are getting the 16' 2015 Scamp with layout 6 brought down to us in NE Georgia mountains the week of Aug 17th. We (DH and I)have never had anything but a tent in our 22 years of marriage; my parents and we 3 kids had tent trailers, pop-ups, a Scotty, (after we left home-several other things and a Coachman(men?) RV at the end) and had fine time. We are both over 60 now and the ground has gotten harder. So we are awaiting the key to Fun and Freedom, getting away from our house in the Blue Ridge Mountains and going back South to Fla where I was raised and getting North towards NY State where he grew up. We need parking next to lakes and, jumping in them!
PATTI, if you are familiar with Pinterest, (or not), you can set up an account and find fellow trailer couples, singles and families who have posted all kinds of great lists of helpful lists, pictures and handy helpful hints. When you find things you like, just Pin the Interest on your board and you can collect a nice amount to read, refer back to, or print at your leisure; lots of clever men and women out there too! We hope to see you all somewhere down the road. Later, Gators!

Vanderscamper is offline   Reply With Quote