New Scamp Owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #1

Name: Michael
Trailer: 1985 16 ft Scamp
Ohio
New Scamp Owner

Hello All!
Back in 1994, our family outgrew my dear 72-73 Pla-Pac. I nearly wept as it hit the end of the drive and rolled out of sight. I have searched off and on for a Scamp in need of my talents or butchery, depending on who you ask. When I bought the Pla-Pac, I wanted a Scamp then, but all of them I found were out of my price range at that time. Since I retired, I now have the time for a project. Some say to be careful what you ask for, you just might get it. I drove almost 400 miles round trip to pick this up which I bought sight unseen from allofcraigs.com - Search ALL of Craigslist I had been watching CL closely, every day and sometimes several times a day. I finally found one that was begging for a new home. It is in pretty decent shape structurally but needs some serious electrical work. Over the years, each owner added their own personal touches. Some will remain, many will go. Right now I am sorting out the wires and looking it over to determine what I need to do to make it watertight again. Though the roof appears in good shape, there is some lightly repaired water damage along the edges. Leaking window seals and such, I assume.

Anyhow, Hello to everyone and I look forward to reading what you all already know that I am about to learn.
Attached Thumbnails
IM001512.jpg   IM001516.jpg  

IM001518.jpg  
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #2

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry

Name:   41gL2h9DCVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  17.7 KB
Looks good from the outside. Any inside shots?
Lots of good reading on this site. Feel free to ask any question,lots of good folks here to help you. ENJOY your new rig.NOW GO CAMPING
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:06 PM   #3

Name: Michael
Trailer: 1985 16 ft Scamp
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
Attachment 35713
Looks good from the outside. Any inside shots?
Lots of good reading on this site. Feel free to ask any question,lots of good folks here to help you. ENJOY your new rig.NOW GO CAMPING
Thanks for the welcome Kevin. I have it half torn apart already. I can take some shots if you want. Today, I removed all of the "Mystery" wires. Like Romex open on the end going to a "Hot" box. I have a lot more circuit testing to do before I actually plug it in...
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #4

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
Welcome!
Love the blue frame...Something different than black!
Emily R. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp