New scamp owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2016, 07:26 PM   #1

Name: Ms. Bruce
Trailer: Scamp
North Carolina
New scamp owner

I made the trek between snow storms and picked up a new 16' deluxe scamp. Real excited about getting to use it but this was not the week to think about it.
I'll need all yalls help and knowledge figuring out how to do this.
I'm on my own, sixty year old female and need your wisdom and advice.
Today, I just need to know how to shake off a monster out cold I caught out there.
So, currently bundled at home outside Asheville, NC and headed to somewhere in Florida when I stop coughing.
Any suggestions?
Is there anything you never leave home without?

Bruce
Onthrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 08:26 PM   #2

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
Welcome to the forum and congratulations!
I don't know if we have any doctors here, but I would say hot tea with honey, chicken noodle soup, stay warm and keep hydrated by non-alcoholic means.
Pose specific questions and people will be right here to answer.

Never leave home without curiosity about new places.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:24 PM   #3

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthrvr View Post
I made the trek between snow storms and picked up a new 16' deluxe scamp. Real excited about getting to use it but this was not the week to think about it.

I'll need all yalls help and knowledge figuring out how to do this.

I'm on my own, sixty year old female and need your wisdom and advice.

Today, I just need to know how to shake off a monster out cold I caught out there.

So, currently bundled at home outside Asheville, NC and headed to somewhere in Florida when I stop coughing.

Any suggestions?

Is there anything you never leave home without?

Bruce

My suggestion would be hitch it up and head for Florida immediately. High of 79 projected where I live tomorrow. It may not get rid of the cold but it will make you feel better. I would offer you our campsite (AKA Campsite #1 by those who know the joke) for a few days but I don't want to catch your cold!
Seriously, I don't know if you are familiar with Florida but if you PM me and tell me your interests, I might be able to suggest some locations and campgrounds/State Parks that may be appropriate for the activities you enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 12-15-2016, 09:27 PM   #4

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
My suggestion would be hitch it up and head for Florida immediately. High of 79 projected where I live tomorrow. It may not get rid of the cold but it will make you feel better. I would offer you our campsite (AKA Campsite #1 by those who know the joke) for a few days but I don't want to catch your cold!
Seriously, I don't know if you are familiar with Florida but if you PM me and tell me your interests, I might be able to suggest some locations and campgrounds/State Parks that may be appropriate for the activities you enjoy.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:18 AM   #5

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Supposedly an untreated cold lasts about a week. Treated it lasts 5 days. I haven't had a cold in many years but 27 1/2 years teaching sure built up my immune system. Definitely not suggesting you become a teacher with that goal in mind. Would definitely delay a lot of enjoyment of your new trailer.

rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 01:40 PM   #6

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi Bruce,

Congrats on your new Scamp 16' Deluxe! NICE! Florida sounds wonderful. I am sure you will enjoy the Asheville area later as well with warmer temperatures.

Get well soon!

Take care,

Dean
Old 12-26-2016, 04:34 PM   #7

Name: Chuck
Trailer: Scamp 16 Deluxe
Washington
Congratulations, Ms Bruce! We also have a 16' deluxe, that we picked up from Scamp on Oct 15, 2014. It's the side dinette model, with head and shower forward - which one do you have? We got every optional cabinet we could, an extra light over the bed, a porch light, and an outside light over the tongue. We leave the main bed setup as a bed, and just use the side dinette for sitting/eating. We also got the Fiamma awning, which we love.

A couple recommendations: Install a fire extinguisher and a geriatric grab bar right inside the doorway. Sometimes it's a long way to the ground, and that bar has been really handy.

Another suggestion to have on board is a small hydraulic jack, and a wrench adequate to turn the lug nuts on the wheels (try it first!). Neither one of those are standard equipment (don't know why not!).

You're going to love it!

ChuckG
beardrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:02 AM   #8

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Virus infections are best treated with elderberry extract, doctors actually prescribe it outside the US. I can tell you how how to diagnose whether you have allergies, virus or bacterial respiratory infection. It's terribly gross= 40 years as a nurse will make you gross. If your mucus is clear,it's allergies. White- and thick, virus Colored any color it's bacterial. For bacterial infections you need a dr visit to prescribe the appropriate antibiotic. Feel better.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:32 PM   #9

Registry
These are some options to have assuming you will do at least some of you own cooking.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LS7VOCC...a-274300902125

https://www.walmart.com/ip/895626?wm...&wl13=&veh=sem

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-Grill-Stove/44503985

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...sl_4pvmx8fnh_e
Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:38 PM   #10

Registry
The Colemen grill stove and oven don't take up much room. The camp oven folds up flat for storage and fits on the grill stove for use. The Cobb grill is quite compact also and has many accessories for many types of cooking. You'll likely find you will want to do most of your cooking outside.
Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp