New Scamp Owners in the Twin Cities - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-07-2016, 07:58 PM   #15
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
I just helped a friend in the same situation not only find a heated garage but one within 3 miles of his house!
We contacted all the Churches around his house with the proposal of paying $90 a month to the Church missions, youth group, community outreach, or whatever their need was. We included trailer length, height and width and in one week he had 3 possibilities. I left it up to him to check with his insurance regarding any coverage issues during storage.

Welcome Susan, I hope the spring come early so you can enjoy your new trailer.

Sid, that was a great idea!! We have a rule across our whole municipality that says we can not have trailers and boats etc in our front driveways during the winter months. There is an elderly couple in the neighbourhood who has a nice large flat extra parking spot beside there home that is legal for leaving a trailer/boat in year round & they have one of those portable garages over the spot. Neither of the home owners drive these days. Now every year someone in the neighbourhood rents that spot from them for a trailer for $50 a month which is a real deal in these parts.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:37 AM   #16
Name: Rich
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13D

I do not know how much room you have to get in from your Minneapolis alley. We were able to make it work. Yes, it was embarrassing the first time I tried to back in around the corner of the garage, but it gets easier every time. The plus is having the trailer at home to use as a party house or to work on when you please.

For security, I put in a 6' high chain link gate that is 10' wide and ties in with the fence that was already on the property. I laid down multiple 4'X4' 3/4" treated ground contact plywood panels as a base on which to back up–backing into a mud pit is no fun. A concrete or asphalt pad was more than I could afford.

Here is a photo to show it can be possible to keep your trailer at home.
Attached Thumbnails

Rich G. and Val F. is offline   Reply With Quote