New to all this and appreciate advice - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2014, 11:10 PM   #21

Trailer: Casita
Registry
Welcome to the site. Keep an eye on this site in the classified section.
Also watch this site.

Molded Fiberglass Trailers | Fiberglass RV's For Sale
Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:32 AM   #22

Name: Sandy
Trailer: Dolphin 15 ft
Ottawa, ON
Registry
Regardless of what you chose, you will find a wealth of information and advice here. The members are patient, kind and very helpful. And remeber most of the fun is "making it yours". So what it looks like when you buy it has little to do with what you will end up towing behind you and making memories in
SeansmomSandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:15 AM   #23

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
But if the "Original Idea" was to fit into a 7' garage door, with a current height of 7' 6", that idea has long ago left the building.
For Scamp the height change on the 13' came after the fire in the plant.
Lightweight Camping Trailers for Easy Towing - Scamp Trailers

Faced with the task of building new molds, a decision was made to provide more interior head height. So they shortened the length of a 16' to make a new plug. If you think about it, this would also reduce the need for having extra molds for the interior parts as well. Many components could be standardized across their model lines. That's 13', 16' and the 19' 5th wheel.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:44 AM   #24

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Van Camper
New Brunswick
When did Scamp start offering the Jalousie Windows again?

Sent from my XT1028 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Briantb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:21 PM   #25

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
New to all this and appreciate advice

Scamp revived rectangular full jalousies as an option several years ago, maybe post-fire (?). I just read recently that radius-style partial jalousies became standard this year. Not sure about any of this, you understand... I heard it on the internet!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:24 PM   #26

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
But if the "Original Idea" was to fit into a 7' garage door, with a current height of 7' 6", that idea has long ago left the building.

I'm just commenting that, having owned a 13' Scamp, that it's an inconvenience that Scamp owners have to deal with that some others FGRV's, such as the Lil' Bigfoot, don't have.

This was originally a list of Pro's and Con's of different FGRV's, not the reasons for them...
I didn't know that Lil' Bigfoot floor was the same throughout, it must be the only one of the genre that is built that way??
Even with the addition of graytanks roof A/C Etc., I have yet to find a drive-up which is too low for our Scamp. (8ft being the lowest I have seen)
The new ones are getting even closer to losing that convenience as well, so it is best to read the signs and know the height of your rig.
While you make a good point about the step, I have never found it to be a problem.
I thought I was explaining the pros of the design but...
If my comment was off topic or irrelevant, I regret any angst it may have caused.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:09 PM   #27

Name: Sue
Trailer: Casita Patriot '13
Pennsylvania
Susan, did you look at the Casita Patriots? There are 2 forums where they post them for sale. Google Casita Forum and Casitaclub.

I have the Patriot, and I love it. I love the bathroom, esp. I bought my 2005 in June and it only needed new tires. They were originals!

These things age better than we do....

Check the towing capacity and the tongue weight of your vehicles. Also, don't come up to the limit: Think about using 2/3's of the towing capacity so you're not pushing the vehicle engine too hard.

Keep coming back with more questions!
jazzjunkysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 04:18 PM   #28

Name: Susan
Trailer: 1975 Boler 13'
Prince Edward Island
I haven't been back here until today so thank you to everyone for all the imput. Next week we plan on a trip to the mainland to check out some trailers, very exciting. We did look at one here on the island butit was quite a bit more expensive but it was nice to actually get the chance to look around it so more inspired than ever now. I have taken a look at some trilliums on line and I like the inside layout so I am taking a look at some of those too. Who knows we may even fall in love with one and bring it home, we are taking the truck , just in case. This will be our first real break together for quite a few years now as we are retired (sort of) livestock farmers. Will be sure to let everyone know if we do decide to buy.

Thanks again for all the imput it has been a great help
Susan
Susanfromtheisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:18 PM   #29

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Susan, I know you said you were not interested in Trilliums, but an Awesome deal is currently available in Nova Scotia:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...0-a-66452.html
As of two minuets ago, the ad is still up, If I was in the neighborhood, I would defy my wife, and go get it. I think she would forgive me.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote