New to FGRV from SW coastal Oregon - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2011, 08:05 PM   #1

Name: Elaine
Trailer: 83 Winnebago Warrior
Oregon
New to FGRV from SW coastal Oregon

found this site Google-browsing and thought I could learn a lot about care and feeding of my fiberglass RV. Looks like there are very few folk with self-propelled (ie Motorhome) vehicles here rather the towed ones. Hope it's OK to be here.....
I just purchased an almost vintage-1983 Winnebago Warrior that I plan to use frequently both locally as well as some cross country vacations. (I can't go any further west!) Since I'll mostly be traveling solo, the security of a motorhome is more appealing to me...and my vehicle as a hybrid doesn't have the torque to pull anything greater than 200 pounds! There's also no hitch capability with the high voltage batteries in the back end.
So, that's my story and I'm sticking with it.
Elaine around Bandon, OR
coastalgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Hi Elaine,
You would probably find this site more interesting for answering your questions and tips on your vintage Winnie. It is a site for classic Winnebago owners :

Classic Winnebagos & Vintage RVs!

Most of us on this site have molded fiberglass trailers.
Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:30 PM   #3

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Chuck View Post
Hi Elaine,
You would probably find this site more interesting for answering your questions and tips on your vintage Winnie. It is a site for classic Winnebago owners :

Classic Winnebagos & Vintage RVs!

Most of us on this site have molded fiberglass trailers.
Deb
Thanks, I'll check it out....that link was one I didn't run across. Much appreciated. Still will read posts here........enjoy your little trailers. They're sure cute.
elaine
Old 01-08-2011, 06:52 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Welcome to FiberglassRV from another Oregonian! There will be a LARGE group of molded fiberglass towables coming to your town in July. You may want to swing by Bullard's Beach State Park and see what all the fuss is about and meet some of the people that are members here on FiberglassRV.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ing-44070.html

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:22 AM   #5

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Welcome to FiberglassRV from another Oregonian! There will be a LARGE group of molded fiberglass towables coming to your town in July. You may want to swing by Bullard's Beach State Park and see what all the fuss is about and meet some of the people that are members here on FiberglassRV.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ing-44070.html

Thanks for the heads-up about the July event. If I'm in town-and not headed back to WI, I'll stop by. Enjoy the visit there. Bullard's is one of the nicest campgrounds on the coast and always has folks camped there. AND the beach is wonderful for walking and rockhounding and fishing!
elaine