New to forum - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-09-2015, 02:53 PM   #15
Name: lee and katie
Trailer: Parkliner
Florida and Virginia
We purchased a Parkliner in June 2014. The wheel well rubbing issue had been corrected in the molds by that time. Our only issues were lack of glue on a abs plastic joint of the sewer line, the drain line from the kitchen sink was too long, the entry door needed some additional weather stripping and the a/c unit leaked if the camper was not level or at least higher on the opposite side.

I corrected the first three easily and will correct the a/c this winter( I may try to upsize it from 5000 btu also). The current Parkliner uses a roof mounted unit as opposed to the under bench one so this is longer an issue with new units.

As for communication with Parkliner if Tom Bass is still with them he usually returns calls or emails quickly but he may be out of town. Chandler is a great guy but not the best at returning your calls.

I used my Ram 3500 quad cab 8' bed Cummins diesel to pull the camper home. 16' 2500lb camper pulled by a 20' 7600 lb truck. Did I know it was there? NO! lol

I pull it with a diesel suv now. The Ram is too large and overkill for the camper( I use it for our 11,000 lb 5th wheel). The suv is a great match in size . It has a tow rating of 7500 lbs and max hitch load of 600 lbs. The suv normally gets 33-36 mpg highway and 22-24 towing the Parkliner.

Some people here have been very negative with Parkliner. We have had issues with quality control with the 2 5th wheels and 1 sob which we have owned including being totally ignored by one company. Parkliner is a new and probably under capitalized company. It is growing and maturing. I would not hesitate to buy another from them.

No unit will be perfect for.everyone.. we love our PL.

wandererlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:07 PM   #16
Name: Jeff
Trailer: Escape
Lee, what kind of SUV tow vehicle are you using? Those are great mileage numbers. Jeff

Oregonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 04:33 PM   #17
Name: lee and katie
Trailer: Parkliner
Florida and Virginia

I was not going to say but you asked.

A 2014 Porsche Cayenne Diesel. 240 hp, 406 ft. Lbs torque 6 cyl 8spd auto. One of the best cars I have ever owned. Great towing, fuel mileage, near sports car handling, and very comfortable on long(14 hour) drives..

wandererlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:10 PM   #18
Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Coachman
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Welcome Arriss
“I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
papa-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:14 PM   #19
Name: Arriss
Trailer: currently looking
Wow! Once again I thank everyone for taking the time to give me some insights. As hopeful travel trailer owner there is a lot to think about and I appreciate the experiences and opinions of others who know more than I do.

I don't have a lot of money to throw around and I want to make the most educated purchase possible. I am so glad I found this forum as it appears that I have a lot to learn. I'm at kindergarten level in travel trailer school right now and I appreciate the help :-).

I have seen where some of you have referenced a FG camper rally in Montgomery in March. I would love to make a trip up there if non-trailer owners are allowed to come and gawk and drool and dream so I am thinking I will make a trip up there. I am in north Okaloosa county so it's not too far.

Thanks again all you fiberglassers! I do have a fiberglass kayak at least.
Arriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:41 PM   #20
Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
Arriss, welcome to the group. Yes, do go to the rally, it's a great place to see different trailer and ask questions from owners. One day is normally set aside for viewing. Even as an owner of one brand we all like to see other makes and any mods that have been done.
BTW, once your own one you will get stopped all the time by folks that want to take a look at these eggs. 50% of the time when gassing up.
Borrego Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 09:23 PM   #21
Name: Joe
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
If you want to consider other brands, we have a Lil Snoozy we tow with a Sienna that has 150,000 miles on it. It has great headroom, and a rear door through which you can insert your fiberglass kayak. It's made in South Carolina.
Joe E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:13 AM   #22
Name: Arriss
Trailer: currently looking
Lil Snoozy

Hi Joe

Just so happens that I have been recently detoured to the Lil Snoozy. Part being the large back door for road bikes and I like hearing about the kayak part! There is another happy Snoozy owner and I really like what I have been learning about it. Very glad to hear about another happy Snoozy owner. Particularly like hearing about the Sienna tow vechicle :-)

Thanks for the feedback !

Arriss is offline   Reply With Quote