New to forum - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2015, 12:20 PM   #1

Name: Arriss
Trailer: currently looking
Florida
New to forum

Hello everyone !
I am a newcomer from the Florida panhandle. I am looking to upgrade my camping from tenting and the back of my van to a fiberglass TT :-). I have been studying all I can about the different models and am very interested in the Parkliner TT.

I have not been able to contact anyone at the factory. I have called and left a message and I have sent an email too. I was wondering if they are so booked up that they have a hard time with contacting prospective customers back because of a production backlog?

I would appreciate any Parkliner owners feedback as to the best way to get in touch or if there is some kind of problem that I am unaware of?

I did not see any real current updates to their facebook page but it is right after the holidays and I know they are a smaller company. I have also seem a few BBB complaints, but it appears they have been resolved satisfactorily. I saw a design issue with wheel wells and battery location but that apparently has been corrected by redesign and relocation.

It appears that there is a fair wait time and I am anxious to get on the production list but I can't seem to get hold of anyone.

I would be very appreciative for any input, insight or advice on the Parkliner TT and ordering process

Cynthia Hall
Arriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 01:07 PM   #2

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arriss View Post
...am very interested in the Parkliner TT.

I have not been able to contact anyone at the factory. I have called and left a message and I have sent an email too. I was wondering if they are so booked up that they have a hard time with contacting prospective customers back because of a production backlog?
Cynthia Hall
It might be to your advantage to research past threads relating to Parkliner.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 01:10 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Slow or no response seems to be normal for them. You should do a search here of Parkliner related threads. The one we saw was a nice camper, but had the wheel well issue plus a few others. Take into consideration the limits of your tow vehicle when shopping, or you may have to do what we recently did, bought a bigger camper and had to buy a bigger tow vehicle at the same time.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:37 PM   #4

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Welcome Arriss.............
There are several PL owners on here that can give
you plenty of input.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:40 PM   #5

Florida
Thanks for the responses ! I am going through past threads regarding Parkliner and also considering other options. I have a tall one in the family and was concerned about headroom. Also looking for something close enough that I could go and get it myself. I may be getting the cart before the horse because my tow vehicle options are a 1994 Chev 1500 with over 300,000 miles and a 1998 Toyota Sienna with over 200,000 miles. Also have a 1987 Nissan Pathfinder 4 wheel that has almost 400,000 miles. We are running a retirement home for vehicles of sorts. My camping will all be within a 250 mile radius of my home because we do a lot of kayaking in our local rivers, bays and bayous so not too concerned about the age/mileage of the vehicles for that part. But traveling a LONG distance to go pick up a TT would give me a little concern. I want to get a TT before having to look into a new vehicle. All our autos run great....but I know somethings gotta give at some point. Don't want to rush it faster by going a great distance to bring one home!
Old 01-08-2015, 09:17 PM   #6

Name: Herman & Ann
Trailer: Casita SD
Pensacola Florida
Welcome Arriss. I don't know where in the panhandle you live but we are in Pensacola. You said you had a tall one in the family have you considered a Scamp 5th wheel. I'm over six feet and. Have no problems. If you want to see one and are in the area contact us you're more than welcome to check it out. Als there is a rally inMarch in Montgomery with probably close to 80 FB campers.
Herman M Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:39 PM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Arriss, have you looked at the Classified section here?
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...0-a-67701.html
It has a practically new Parkliner for sale in TN.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:01 AM   #8

Name: Art
Trailer: Scamp
I just picked up a new 16 foot Scamp and I'm happy as heck. Their sales people are awesome, Jim Coffman was my consultant and he was very helpful in ordering my unit. I drove from at joe mo to Backus MN to pick it up. Jim took me To the factory which was very interesting. Call Jim 1-800-346-4962 and he call educate you on the Scamp.
art warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:06 AM   #9

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Welcome Arriss, had to laugh about a retirement home for vehicles. I've got 13 regestered with the DMV, cars, trucks, trailers and ATV's and get bills pretty much monthly bills. Not going to say anything about what brand you should look into. As you say your pretty much going to stay in a 250 mile range from home, I'd use the 1500 for a tug. You've been driving it, know it and that tug won't be on the edge of weight limits as the others you have may be. I'm on the smaller list here for towing and trying to get max MPG. To many years of class A's & C's at 7-8 mpg + commercial. I much rather like using a larger tug as I don't like the trailer dictating the road trip. I'm sure others will have different opinions to that and will speak up on tugs.
Good luck on your search.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:18 AM   #10

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman M Parker View Post
Welcome Arriss. I don't know where in the panhandle you live but we are in Pensacola. You said you had a tall one in the family have you considered a Scamp 5th wheel. I'm over six feet and. Have no problems. If you want to see one and are in the area contact us you're more than welcome to check it out. Als there is a rally inMarch in Montgomery with probably close to 80 FB campers.
Cynthia,
Not sure I agree with Herman. I had a Scamp 19 and sold it because I found the sleeping area too confining. At 5'9" my head would contact one side and my toes the other. Because of the upwardly tapered shape, the Scamp 19 is slightly wider inside at the dinette than it is in the sleeping loft, so the lower "bed" is actually longer from top to bottom (that's side to side inside the trailer). That was one of the three reasons I sold mine. You might want to look at Egg Camper (Michigan) or Little Snoozy (South Carolina, I believe).
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:55 AM   #11

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Shopping for new RV
North Carolina
ARRISS, My general rule is simple.....any manufacturer who is slow or reluctant to call you back or return your emails when you are a possible buyer would never call you back when and if you have an in warranty service request....
Find another manufacturer!!
Uplander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:47 AM   #12

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Escape
Oregon
That was my experience with Parkliner also, left a voicemail and email with no response. At 6'3" with two sons I thought the floor plan with bunk beds might be a great fit for us- but I would hesitate doing business with an outfit that I can't get hold of...
Oregonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:11 PM   #13

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Some trailers can take time to get we looked at a new trailer (Different make) and the manufacturer said we would be booking a spot and it would take a year. Weight was a problems that is why we like our boler the original super ultra light.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:50 PM   #14

Name: Tammie
Trailer: ParkLiner
Alabama
Just today, I emailed ParkLiner and had an answer within minutes. They have a small workforce, but build a quality product.
Tammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:53 PM   #15

Name: Greg(lee) and katie
Trailer: Parkliner
Virginia
Arriss,
We purchased a Parkliner in June 2014. The wheel well rubbing issue had been corrected in the molds by that time. Our only issues were lack of glue on a abs plastic joint of the sewer line, the drain line from the kitchen sink was too long, the entry door needed some additional weather stripping and the a/c unit leaked if the camper was not level or at least higher on the opposite side.

I corrected the first three easily and will correct the a/c this winter( I may try to upsize it from 5000 btu also). The current Parkliner uses a roof mounted unit as opposed to the under bench one so this is longer an issue with new units.

As for communication with Parkliner if Tom Bass is still with them he usually returns calls or emails quickly but he may be out of town. Chandler is a great guy but not the best at returning your calls.

I used my Ram 3500 quad cab 8' bed Cummins diesel to pull the camper home. 16' 2500lb camper pulled by a 20' 7600 lb truck. Did I know it was there? NO! lol

I pull it with a diesel suv now. The Ram is too large and overkill for the camper( I use it for our 11,000 lb 5th wheel). The suv is a great match in size . It has a tow rating of 7500 lbs and max hitch load of 600 lbs. The suv normally gets 33-36 mpg highway and 22-24 towing the Parkliner.

Some people here have been very negative with Parkliner. We have had issues with quality control with the 2 5th wheels and 1 sob which we have owned including being totally ignored by one company. Parkliner is a new and probably under capitalized company. It is growing and maturing. I would not hesitate to buy another from them.

No unit will be perfect for.everyone.. we love our PL.

Lee
wandererlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 04:07 PM   #16

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Escape
Oregon
Lee, what kind of SUV tow vehicle are you using? Those are great mileage numbers. Jeff
Oregonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:33 PM   #17

Name: Greg(lee) and katie
Trailer: Parkliner
Virginia
Jeff,

I was not going to say but you asked.

A 2014 Porsche Cayenne Diesel. 240 hp, 406 ft. Lbs torque 6 cyl 8spd auto. One of the best cars I have ever owned. Great towing, fuel mileage, near sports car handling, and very comfortable on long(14 hour) drives..

Lee
wandererlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:10 PM   #18

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Welcome Arriss
Old 01-09-2015, 08:14 PM   #19

Florida
Wow! Once again I thank everyone for taking the time to give me some insights. As hopeful travel trailer owner there is a lot to think about and I appreciate the experiences and opinions of others who know more than I do.

I don't have a lot of money to throw around and I want to make the most educated purchase possible. I am so glad I found this forum as it appears that I have a lot to learn. I'm at kindergarten level in travel trailer school right now and I appreciate the help :-).

I have seen where some of you have referenced a FG camper rally in Montgomery in March. I would love to make a trip up there if non-trailer owners are allowed to come and gawk and drool and dream so I am thinking I will make a trip up there. I am in north Okaloosa county so it's not too far.

Thanks again all you fiberglassers! I do have a fiberglass kayak at least.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:41 PM   #20

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Arriss, welcome to the group. Yes, do go to the rally, it's a great place to see different trailer and ask questions from owners. One day is normally set aside for viewing. Even as an owner of one brand we all like to see other makes and any mods that have been done.
BTW, once your own one you will get stopped all the time by folks that want to take a look at these eggs. 50% of the time when gassing up.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote