New to Group - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-18-2014, 09:40 PM   #15
Name: Leslie
Trailer: Alto R1723
North Carolina
Originally Posted by peterh View Post
Hi Leslie.

First, thanks for mentioning the Dub-Box. I hadn't seen one of those before, and it's a really cool-looking retro take on the fiberglass trailer. If you get one, I'll actually be kinda jealous!

The most important thing when considering a trailer is to actually, physically, get to see one.
Thanks for the insight Peter! Sadly there are no dub boxes yet on the East coast for us to check out, so I've been asking lots and lots of questions of one of the owners, Shane (who is super-friendly and helpful). I have spent time in a Eurovan which has similar window height and storage to the dub box, so I get what you mean about the windows. When possible, we'll mostly be out exploring during the day, so I don't expect I'll be spending lots of time standing up, except for maybe a little cooking and walking the few steps from one end to the other.

I am working on checking out some other FG trailers in the area to see what else is out there. I spoke to Chandler with ParkLiner today and he's going to try to get in touch with someone in Asheville who has one.

If anyone on the forum lives near Asheville and wants to show off their camper, we'd love to see them! I don't see any rallies in the vicinity in the near future, but if we're still in the market in the fall we'll check out the one in Cherokee. (And if we have our own camper by then, hopefully we'll be able to camp. )

Kudzu Asheville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:01 PM   #16
Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Yes Leslie, we are going to drive the 2000 miles to pick it up and immediately start using it until fall, then back home to make the changes I have in mind for it and what ever else we find will be needed along the way.
Dave & Paula

David B. is offline   Reply With Quote