New to me 16ft Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2019, 08:11 PM   #1

Name: Renee
Trailer: Scamp
Oregon
New to me 16ft Scamp

Hi! I am Renee and I just purchased a 1990 Scamp. It is 16 ft., with bunk beds and a side bath. I have owned a trailer before, but it's been many years and I had a partner that took care of all things towing. So, I'll be consulting these pages frequently for help with my new "adventuremobile." It's in pretty good shape for a 30 year old and I will probably be taking it for a "shakedown" cruise in Sept. Looking forward to my travels!
ReDickerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:19 PM   #2

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDickerson View Post
Hi! I am Renee and I just purchased a 1990 Scamp. It is 16 ft., with bunk beds and a side bath. I have owned a trailer before, but it's been many years and I had a partner that took care of all things towing. So, I'll be consulting these pages frequently for help with my new "adventuremobile." It's in pretty good shape for a 30 year old and I will probably be taking it for a "shakedown" cruise in Sept. Looking forward to my travels!
Sounds like a layout number four, which is what I have.

With a 30 year old trailer be sure to pay attention to the "foundation." The axle, running gear, etc.. thats the first thing to tend to if it needs attention. Hopefully the prior owner took good care of it, and that almost surly means that he/she did at least one axle replacement.

As for the rest of it... a good initial "shakedown cruise" is often in one's own driveway. But September is prime camping season too... tempting Im sure.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:46 PM   #3

Name: joe
Trailer: scamp
Tennessee
Thumbs up

i have a 1980 scamp layout 4 my wife and I love it just put new axle on this year lifted it about 4 inches so much better hope you enjoy for many years to come
tucker scamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp