New to Scamp Ownership - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2019, 12:23 PM   #1

Name: Stephen and Fay
Trailer: Scamp
New Hampshire
New to Scamp Ownership

Hi,

We just got our 2008 Scamp Layout 4 on Friday and we're smitten. It's in pristine condition. I'm amazed how something 11 years old can look almost new. The outside needs a little polishing but the inside is spotless.

I just retired as a family physician and my husband is still working. We'll try it out for some 3 day excursions as soon as the Subaru gets a hitch put on.

Your group is amazing. I've already learned so much by looking at the posts about helping each other with issues.
Stephen Migotsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 01:24 PM   #2

Name: Sandra
Trailer: 2006 EggCamper #35
Florida
Registry
Hi Stephen -

Congrats on your recent retirement! Sounds like the Scamp will be a good set-up for you with Subaru.
Our EggCamper is our first TT and we love the coziness of it. Happy trails!
Old 10-19-2019, 01:25 PM   #3

Name: Kenneth
Wisconsin
Registry
New to RV life also?

If so, set it up in your drive way for a night or two. It will give you a chance to check every thing out and see what you missed packing.

Enjoy.
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 05:53 PM   #4

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Our first outing was only 20 miles away; far enough we didn't just run into the house when things got a little iffy, close enough if we had a real mess we could go home. We made lots of notes and came home with a doozy of a honeydo list.

Best luck to you, congrats, and happy trails!

"K"
Old 10-19-2019, 11:12 PM   #5

Name: Michael
Trailer: In the Market
Virginia
Stephen congratulations on your retirement. I have several friends that are doctors and I know how hard you have worked. I’m positive that you and your husband will love your Scamp. This is a terrific group with limitless knowledge to share about camping and fiberglass campers. Best wishes for a future filled with fun and exploration. Michael
mbbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:26 AM   #6

Name: Connie
Michigan
Hi Stephen,
Congratulations to you and your husband on your Scamp trailer. We love our 13ft. with bath we have had it 2 yrs. now and love scugging in it. Enjoy your new adventures.
Connie
Maneelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 08:07 AM   #7

Name: BenjaminL
Trailer: Casita
Maryland
Hi Fay,

Congratulations on your and Stephens scamp. I picked up my new casita 5 months ago at rice rx and are thoroughly enjoying it. Have fun in your camping.

TH
Travel Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 08:17 AM   #8

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
As I have been rebuilding my Trillium all year I’ve taken short 25 mile trips to a NP campground just to test my work. With the senior pass, camping is just $10 a night, ridiculously cheap! A couple times I took the TV home to grab some tools.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 10:20 AM   #9

Name: Stephen and Fay
New Hampshire
Fay and Stephen

My wife, Fay, and I are sharing the same logon name. She posted the first message about her retirement. I am still working. We are happy to correct a misunderstanding, but we are an ordinary husband and wife with an extraordinary Scamp 16 foot.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:28 PM   #10

Name: William
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 16
Washington
Happy Scamping

We bought a 1992 Scamp 16' a few years ago and we have had tons of fun with it. For a retired couple the Scamp is a great way to go. Simple and unique which we appreciated the first time we camped in an RV park surrounded by 40' motorhomes. Packing light, cooking at home, and heating up in the microwave is the way we Scamp.
Bill Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 04:56 PM   #11

Name: Sandra
Trailer: 2006 EggCamper #35
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Migotsky View Post
My wife, Fay, and I are sharing the same logon name. She posted the first message about her retirement. I am still working. We are happy to correct a misunderstanding, but we are an ordinary husband and wife with an extraordinary Scamp 16 foot.
Hi Stephen and Fay
I don't think you can be an ordinary couple if you own a fiberglass trailer - but thanks for correcting the misunderstanding. Congratulations Fay on retirement.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:53 PM   #12

Name: Kevin
Texas
Congratulations, Fay & Stephen. We have a 2008 16’r also (layout 7 - front bunks/side dinette). You got the perfect sized camper IMHO! We started with an old canned ham I renovated, then sold. Bought a Scamp 13 (too small), then bought a Casita 17 in Texas (too big), now have our Scamp 16 (just right for us). Welcome to the fiberglass world.
Doc.Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 02:25 AM   #13

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Cocngrates, Steph and Fay, on your new to you Scamp. You want to make sure you can come to the Spring Fling Rally next May, I hold, right in your back yard. Chocorua Nh. at the Chocorua Camping Village KOA.
We sure do have loads of fun on this 4 day event.
Go to the Rally tread and get all the info to get registered and we'll see you there.
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:01 AM   #14

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 2000 Bigfoot 21RB, & 92 Vanagon Westy
Idaho
Congratulations,

We had a 1990 16' layout 4 and loved it. We found the front bench a great place to sit (way more comfortable than the dinette), and a great bed for our dogs. Also gave my wife a place to nap without putting the dinette down.
1500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp