New to site, not F/G RV's we LOVE EM! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-24-2015, 12:38 PM   #1

Name: BWiggins
Trailer: BigFoot
Northern California
New to site, not F/G RV's we LOVE EM!

Greetings to all you lucky Fiberglass RVers, Pam and I have been moving up the chain of RVs from our first 16ft Spirit Deluxe Casita, to our 16ft Liberty Deluxe Casita (because of Kingbed option!), then we splurged for a 17ft Liberty Deluxe, mostly because of being 6ft tall, in the 16ft Casita's I was walking like an ape, of course not being the most dainty of men, even with a 17 ft Casita I did not alway duck low enough to clear the door frame...Ouch!
We now have a large pick-up truck and we bought a 3000 series 24 ft Bigfoot with a slide-out that we LOVE! and my head has finally healed! we still have a soft spot in our hearts for the Casita's, plus a soft spot on my head!
We hope to meet many of you out there in the Beautiful Pacific NW as we head up and down the coast in our Beautiful BIG Bigfoot.
BWiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:31 PM   #2

Name: Susie
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy #151 - sold in 2018
Arizona
Registry
Congratulations on your BIG Bigfoot! I didn't even know they were available with slide-outs. I fully understand that some really want to live small, and less is more, and all that, and for those who it works for ---great! But for others, try as they might, it just doesn't work, and that's that; they might as well get what makes them happy and start enjoying camping more.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:03 PM   #3

Name: Rich & Linda
Trailer: Amerigo
Indiana
Thumbs up Wow like to see pull out

[QUOTE=SusieinNC;511985]Congratulations on your BIG Bigfoot! I didn't even know they were available with slide-outs. I fully understand that some really want to live small, and less is more, and all that, and for those who it works for ---great! But for others, try as they might, it just doesn't work, and that's that; they might as well get what makes them happy and start enjoying camping more.[/Q GREAT LIKE TO SEE PIC ???????????
MRClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 03:49 PM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 17' DLX
Alaska
Registry
A 24-foot Bigfoot with a slide-out must be a Class C motorhome? Never heard of any 24-foot BF trailer, nor any that have a slide-out.
trainjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:28 PM   #5

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Never heard of a slide out either, but Bigfoot has made some BIG trailers:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...oud-50811.html
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:38 PM   #6

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Welcome to the site. Pictures Please !!!!
Old 03-26-2015, 08:28 AM   #7

Northern California
More about the Bigfoot 3000 series

Hi Again. A bit of info on the bigfoot: The Bigfoot trailers are made in BC Canada and they have made truck campers, trailers, 5th wheels, some motorhomes and special Expedition units. They are all very well made and well insulated, so as to be useable 12 month of the year. The 3000 series trailer which was made for just 2 years 2006/7 is their high end trailer and has many additional features one of which is a slide out, before only available on their motorhomes, these were available in the following models T2401(24ft) and the T2801 (28ft). Since they were made for a limited time they are very difficult to find one to purchase, we were lucky enough to find ours in Oregon within 500 miles from our home in Northern California. I have some pictures following....
Old 03-26-2015, 08:31 AM   #8

Northern California
Smile Pic of slide-out

Pic of Slide-out on our 24ft
Old 03-26-2015, 08:52 AM   #9

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 17' DLX
Alaska
Registry
Ah, yes. Even without the photo, I remember the 3000 series BF trailers now that you mention the model number. Not molded fiberglass but aluminum frames and fibercore walls, which is why it didn't register with me. Pretty gigantic trailers by Bigfoot standards.
trainjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:14 AM   #10

Northern California
Wink Pictures didn't load, I will try to create an album!

Sorry, I could not get the photos to load on this thread! I have created an album and I think that has worked for me.

Yes, the Bigfoot is a BIG Bigfoot, it has fiberglass molded fiberglass front and back wraps, with fibercore (1/8" Reinforced fiberglass. with gelcoat finish, 1-1/2" solid insulation over an aluminum tubular frame also filled with insulation)walls, floor and roof. Of course this has a price to pay weighing almost 7000 lbs! since I owned a large Ford truck it pulls it down the road just fine and still gets about 11-12 mpg, compared to my SUV pulling the Casita that got less than that.