New to the forum - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-19-2015, 12:28 PM   #1

Name: Yoane
Trailer: Keystone
California
New to the forum

Hi im new to the forum, my name is yoane, im married and got two little ones. I decided to go back to school after ten years of being in my previous employer in order to get a higher pay scale, and i am full time rving while i finish my degree. Ive got a 2008 Big Sky Montana and pull it with a 2007 F-350 Sd cc
Yoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:36 PM   #2

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
Welcome to the forum yoane. You have come to the right place if you wish to know anything at all regarding fiberglass all moulded towable trailers. Are you considering downsizing from your current trailer, or do you just have an interest in smaller fiberglass trailers?

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 08:39 AM   #3

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Shopping for new RV
North Carolina
Ice-Breaker Dave....I noticed you have an FJ Cruiser and an Escape 19 ft Trailer.
I am interested in this manufacturer but the lack of US Dealers is a problem.
Where can I go to tour the interior of one of these units?....any US Dealers that you know of? The only fiberglass unit I have ever been in was a top of the line Northern-Lite truck camper insert I spotted at a campground and the owner was kind enough to give me a tour. I find these units interesting but too rare to see on dealers lots.

Thanks for any info
Uplander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:07 AM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
New to the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uplander View Post
...I am interested in this manufacturer but the lack of US Dealers is a problem. Where can I go to tour the interior of one of these units?....any US Dealers that you know of?...
As far as I know, the only molded fiberglass manufacturer that sells through a dealer network is Bigfoot. For a while I was seeing Trillium Sidekicks offered through dealers, but I don't think they are in production right now. This is a relatively tiny market, and factory-direct is how it works in most cases. The lack of middlemen keep prices down and allows small-volume operations to earn decent margins on the trailers they sell.

If you are interested in looking at an Escape, your best bet is to contact the manufacturer directly. They can likely refer you to a nearby owner who has indicated they are willing to demo their trailer to a prospective buyer.

As to dealers, I don't hear anyone complaining about customer service from the Escape folks. But I do hear a lot of complaints about RV dealers!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:41 AM   #5

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Shopping for new RV
North Carolina
Jon in AZ, Thanks for the info....I will look into Bigfoot for any dealers in my area or on any of my camping trips. I still find it odd that most manufacturers elect to avoid dealer networks. What do you do for warranty repair service if you live in the US and the factory is in Canada? One thing I do know..."nothing is ever perfect...everything needs service sooner or later".
Uplander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:59 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
All the appliances etc. are warrantied by the manufacturer of that appliance and are common among all brands of RV. There are thousands of authorized repair shops throughout the U.S. and Canada.
If the issue is with the trailer construction itself, Escape takes care of it by having the necessary work done near you.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:00 AM   #7

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
New to the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uplander View Post
...What do you do for warranty repair service if you live in the US and the factory is in Canada?...

You contact the factory and they set you up with a local repair shop at their expense. Many components, like appliances, are warranted separately anyway. I would guess only a very major issue with the shell or frame might require a return to the factory.

I have heard of some significant issues involving another manufacturer over major defects requiring a return to the factory and not being handled well, but Escape has a solid reputation for customer service. Definitely some manufacturers do better than others.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote