New-to-us Burro!!!! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #21

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
How about Bargman 34-92. Nothing could be closer to what you have than what you have. You need an 1157 dual filament incandescent or an LED equivalent "bulb". Surely there IS an LED equivalent?

jack

addendum: On second thought, that first sentence sounds pretty smart-alecky SO . . . what I meant to say was, if there's a problem with the lenses such as clouding or opacity due to sandblasting, maybe you need the same tail light fixtures to get a set of those lenses. You can get them from Eastern Marine and J. C. Whitney and what all. Best price I've seen is Amazon. Under $8 a copy and free shipping thru Amazon Prime.
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:56 PM   #22

Trailer: Cardinal (Restoring)
Welcome Tina, You definetly have to plan on coming to Quartzsite, AZ in the winter (Jan/Feb.) You got a lovely Burro, good job on posting pix, we all them. You will find any answers you need on this site. A WHOLE lot of very knowledgeable people on the site.
Via Con Dios.
RRIZZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #23

Name: Tina
Trailer: Burro
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
How about Bargman 34-92. Nothing could be closer to what you have than what you have. You need an 1157 dual filament incandescent or an LED equivalent "bulb". Surely there IS an LED equivalent?

jack

addendum: On second thought, that first sentence sounds pretty smart-alecky SO . . . what I meant to say was, if there's a problem with the lenses such as clouding or opacity due to sandblasting, maybe you need the same tail light fixtures to get a set of those lenses. You can get them from Eastern Marine and J. C. Whitney and what all. Best price I've seen is Amazon. Under $8 a copy and free shipping thru Amazon Prime.
Thank you. We will have to take a closer look at the the tail lights and see see they need to be cleaned. They look pretty clear to me.

I am worried that if I get a placement bulb in LED that it may still be relatively dim since it would be one little cluster of LED bulbs. I like the tail lights with many LEDs lined up for better visibility.

Rabbit, do you have your original tail lights on your Burro?
Tina in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #24

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
You might also check your ground wire connections to make sure they are clean and tight. Corroded ground connections can dim your lights, too.

We kept the old fixtures in our UHaul VT, but bought LED bulbs that fit in the same size as the incandescent ones. They have an array of small LED bulbs arranged all around the bulb top and sides. They are much easier to see now. Nothing makes the upper marker lights any brighter, though, on the sides of the trailer. I think I need new fixtures up there.

Someone has also commented that you should go with the same color LED as the lens... something about the lens color absorbing the light if you use white LEDs. You might want to search about that.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #25

Delaware
Tina, the 34-92 Bargmans are original to the trailer (Escondido Burro). I am still running incandescent bulbs outside but have gone to LEDs inside.

jack
Old 05-22-2012, 08:12 AM   #26

Arizona
Registry
Thank you Jack.

After looking at our lenses, they are in good condition. I we are planning on getting red LED 'bulbs'. Hopefully that will help a bit.

I am hoping that someday soon Bargman or someone for that matter, will come out with ones for my trailer that have rows of LEDs in them. That would be ideal. I'm sure it's coming, everything seems to be moving toward LEDs and they are getting better and better.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #27

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
That's looks in great condition, what a find!
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #28

Name: Tabitha
Trailer: 1991 Scamp 13'
Virginia
we just bought a new set of tail lights for ours, but have been checking out these bulbs: 1156 & 1157 PCB series LED Lamps Specifications as possible replacements. Waiting for the actual lights to arrive before ordering bulbs to make sure which size they use, but thinking it'll be the 1157-PCB-R36 in Red (probably at the 100 degree angle) , though just found 2 Watt LED Adjustable Right Angle Bulb Specifications (1157-R2W-ARA) which also looks like an interesting option. both at least allow for the lights to all be shining outward unlike the round tower style bulb replacements
Harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #29

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina in AZ View Post
However, our current tail lights are about 8.5"x4.5" rectangles. They are recessed into the back of the trailer. So I think we are going to need that same size.
Tina, can you make these work? One Pair Submersible Trailer LED Lights

I think these are the same one's peterh bought and ran a bench test to see how long they lasted... gotta get good value! IF I remember right, these were 'keepers.'

Good luck!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #30

Arizona
Registry
Thumbs up

We replaced our tail and side lights with LED bulbs. They work GREAT! They have definitely exceeded our expectations. It was really worth the simple switch.

Thanks for all your help.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #31

Delaware
Some dual filament LED replacements for 1157 incandescent tail/brakelight are getting really lousy reviews to the effect that the level of perceived illumination is low in daylight. As that doesn't appear to be your experience, could you please tell me what bulbs you use?

jack
Old 06-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #32

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
I tired what I think where called Eurolite replacements for the taillights and they were not as good as I had hoped so replaced the whole fixture. Much happier with the outcome & actually not a whole lot more than the cost of replacement bulbs.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #33

Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
Some dual filament LED replacements for 1157 incandescent tail/brakelight are getting really lousy reviews to the effect that the level of perceived illumination is low in daylight. As that doesn't appear to be your experience, could you please tell me what bulbs you use?

jack
Sure, we got these for the taillights (be sure to get the 1157 dual intensity), and these for the side markers. I got red for the rear side markers and amber for the front ones. All of them are much brighter than the regular bulbs, but not those blindingly bright LEDs you sometimes see as brake lights. I am going to get these (15 LED ones) for the interior lights soon. I tried to order them with my original order, but accidentally got the wrong base. The ones in the link are the correct base.

I've made orders through Super Bright LEDs a few times now and have always been very happy with their product and fast shipping. I think we got our last order in two days. Hope this helps
Old 06-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #34

Delaware
Thanks Tina. Looking at the links; maybe I'll find some loose change and switch over to LED running lights.

jack
Old 06-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #35

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Tina, I love your trailer. A Burro 14-Wide is my dream trailer
Also, thanks for the links to the LED lights. Just what I've been looking for.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #36

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Pam, let us know how these work if you buy them. I'm curious for my UHaul as well.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #37

Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Pam, we are quite fond of our Burro as well. However, we didn't know it until we saw the trailer and ultimately purchased it. We looked at a 13' 80s Burro, and then the 14' Widebody. It is unbelievable how much bigger the extra foot in length and width and few extra inches of head room can do for a small trailer. We feel blessed to have found this particular trailer that we were not looking for!

I hope the lights work out for you.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #38

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Glad you found one. I have been looking since 2 years ago.
Want a wide body. not the 13footer but the 14 footer

Still have not found one.

If I may ask,
1. How much did you pay?
2. Does it have a shower?
3. Does it have a normal potty, ie not a porta potty?
I know my poo sticks so I do not want a porta potty.

The extra length and width make room for the shower and potty

I found 2 on the net but had been sold before I got to them
One was 3K the other 4.5k

Was told that buyer of the 3K one was a scammer who re sold it for 5k the next day. ie posted it for sale.

I see one for sale but seller is asking 10K, has now reduced it to 8.5K

enjoy
ray aka skitterBait
ray rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #39

Arizona
Registry
the wide body 14 footers are few and far between. We looked at a 13 foot 80s Burro before coming across this one that we purchased. The added space makes it like an entirely different trailer!

I have not seen one with a shower/potty. The only place I would see being able to have a shower/potty would be in place of the front dinette.

Good luck. I'm sure in the spring they will start popping up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray rod View Post
Glad you found one. I have been looking since 2 years ago.
Want a wide body. not the 13footer but the 14 footer

Still have not found one.

If I may ask,
1. How much did you pay?
2. Does it have a shower?
3. Does it have a normal potty, ie not a porta potty?
I know my poo sticks so I do not want a porta potty.

The extra length and width make room for the shower and potty

I found 2 on the net but had been sold before I got to them
One was 3K the other 4.5k

Was told that buyer of the 3K one was a scammer who re sold it for 5k the next day. ie posted it for sale.

I see one for sale but seller is asking 10K, has now reduced it to 8.5K

enjoy
ray aka skitterBait

Tags
burro