New Trillium owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #1

Name: Tony
Trailer: Trillium (formerly)
Ontario
New Trillium owner

Hello all, Posting my first greetings as an Fiberglass RV member. I have had the camper since June 2012 and used it four times. It is a 1976 Trillium 1300 in very good condition. I specifically was looking for a vintage 76 model to go with my 1976 Thunderbird. My plans were to paint the camper to match the car. I have run into a bit of a problem that I hope someone may be able to help with. My classic car insurance will not allow me to tow the trailer. I am having trouble finding an insurance company that will insure the car for its appraised value and allow me to tow the camper. I have seen pictures of other members with campera and classic vehicles towing them. If some one could let me know where I could get suitable insurance coverage please let me know. Many thanks.

T-bird Tony
T-bird Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #2

Name: Fred
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Washington
Registry
Great question. I don't have your answer unfortunately.

Question for you: Do you insure your trillium with appraised value or stated value insurance? I'm planning to insure mine with stated value so that I can be sure to get enough money out (in case of disaster) to replace it.

--Fred and Natalie
1978 Trillium 4500 "Bernerwagon"
freddo411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #3

Ontario
insurance

Hello Fred, last year I insured the Trillium with my regular auto insurance but they would only give me liability insurance. I am at the moment getting quotes from CAA to cover it for purchase price value. Thought one of the classic car insurers would have something for vintage travel trailers but no luck with them. Right now it looks like the only way I can use my T-bird with the camper is to insure it as a daily driver. That would cost me $350.00 a year more than the classic car insurance and not have any value coverage due to the age of the car.

Tony
Old 03-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #4

Name: Fred
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Washington
Registry
This company Car Insurance - Car Insurance for Classic Cars FAQ - Frequently asked Questions looks like they will give me $10000 stated value insurance for $250 a year for the trailer.

Note, I'm in the US, your mileage may vary ...

--Fred and Natalie
1978 Trillium 4500 "Bernerwagon"
freddo411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Tony, welcome to FiberglasRV... we're glad you're here!

ooooh please post pictures!

Doug Mager may be able to help you. He tows his Trillium with a rod. He's in BC and I don't know if that will make a difference. Here's a great thread (with pictures ) that he started: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...und-41950.html
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:24 PM   #6

Name: eric
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
Alabama
Tony-T,

I just purchased a 1974 Trillium 1300. I am located in Alabama. Where are you from?
esboha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #7

Ontario
Thanks everyone for the info and welcome, not real computer savvy so hope I am getting my replies out properly. I am in Bracebridge Ontario Canada. Not sure if insurance regulations are different in B.C but looks like many rodders with FG/RV's there. Real cool pics. Sent message to ?James with the yellow Pontiac rod and matching camper. I remember seeing him a few years back in Bala Ontario. Awesome set up. Thanks again everyone.

Tony

Tags
trillium