New Wanna-Bees - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #15
Name: Orlen
Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
Originally Posted by Denece View Post
Wow, I feel so welcome here and I'm learning a lot! We were wondering if it might not be a good idea to try to attend a rally or get-together of some sort to talk to folks in person and see how the eggs get personalized.
Is that an OK thing to do? Or do we have to wait till we have one to really 'join the club" as it were?

So excited to get started!

Hi Denece

There is a rally in Quartzsite AZ just across the border from Blythe CA on Feb 10-12. Last year there were 62 eggs there. You could see a good cross-section of fantastic fiberglass and meet a lot of friendly people.

It's not a problem attending a rally if you don't have your own fiberglass camper. Most owners are very happy to show off their rigs.

Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #16
Name: Alice
Trailer: 2015 T@B M@X CS-S - Condo A-Go-Go
Welcome!!! I have a 2008 13' Scamp that I tow with a 2009 Subaru Forester. The Scamp has a front bathroom/shower and I normally have water on board for just in case. The one thing I'd like to have is A/C. Hope to retro fit a window A/C unit in the closet this year. After a trip last year, it weighed in at 1840#. Subie is rated for 2400#. I can gain 500# and still be under the limit. (but I wouldn't fit in Scamp). I leave the table set up as a bed all the time. Scamp is used just as a mobile hotel. I rarely cook, but do keep snacks, soda and water in the fridge. I tow at about 60 mph and don't realize it is back there most of the time. Could probably go faster, but would rather not take a chance on things getting out of control. I like the little Scamp, just right for what I need. The bathroom/shower is great to have.

Wallo is online now   Reply With Quote