Newbei with 1971 Compact II!!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-14-2011, 01:28 AM   #1

Name: Dawnette
Trailer: Compact II by Hunter
Colorado
Registry
Newbei with 1971 Compact II!!!

Hello everyone!!! I am super stoked to be joining the fiberglass gang!!! I live in Colorado and I am a camping girl! I have tent camped all my life until my recent inheritances of this little gem of an RV. I won't lie, I never thought I would LOVE trailer camping but I DO!!! We restored our 1971 Compact II during the spring and just recently was able to take it out for a spin. I'm almost 100% sure I will NEVER tent camp again!!! During our first outing we were hit with crazy monsoon shenanigans, not to fear we had a dry place to chill!!! Back in the day we could withstand any weather in a tent... until we got the beasts !!! Try telling two 120lb dogs not to touch the tent walls! Doesn't work ! Now, I know you are probably wondering how two adults and two beasts fit into a tiny little Compact. Well I'll tell ya....they fit in there DRY that's how !!!! It was a tight squeeze but it was a dry one and everyone found their designated sitting/lying spot and chilled!
So our very first trip sealed the deal for me!! I can't wait to go out again! Anyway, that's my story as of now but I am excited to keep on camping and adding to it!
That reminds me...does anyone know of any fiberglass camping rallies in the Colorado/Wyoming/New Mexico area? I saw that there's a get together in Ohio but I fear that's too long of a drive for me!

Hope everyone is having a great camping summer so far!!!
~Dawn
Dawnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:44 AM   #2

Colorado
Registry
Sooo I just notice the FGRV Rallies tab on the left hand side!!!! Oops my bad! Time for me to go to bed I suppose!!! But very excited to see Colorado has 2 rallies I might be able to make!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 05:11 AM   #3

Trailer: 1973 Compact II / 2001 Honda CRV SE automatic
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
Hey there, BIG WELCOME to being a fellow FGRVer! Always great to see a fellow Compact II owner also! This site is a great resource for information about our rigs, mod ideas, repair assistance, and even more!
In my own locale I have yet to see/find many/any trailers like ours, but on here their are many fellow owners/friends willing to help with info/suggestions/etc, so it's pretty great.
The visual aspect is pretty big though, so post pics when u can, when your talking/asking about something, it can often help folks get what your talking about more clearly, plus most of us are just curious to see what your rig looks like! Hehehe Heck, I'm curious to see HOW two adults and two big dogs fit in your tiny trailer! Hehehe
Anyway, welcome again, happy FGRVing!
Joseph Domingos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #4

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Hello Dawnette, and welcome. Great to have more camping gals here. I'm in Colorado too so maybe our paths will cross on the highway or maybe a rally. I like the compfy dry space too. I'm new to CO but getting out as much as I can. Enjoy!
Patti
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:46 AM   #5

Colorado
Registry
Thanks for the warm welcome!!! @ Joseph- I did get some photos up on my profile and on the trailer registry if you'd like to take a look at my rig!!! I like the sound of that...My rig!!! hehehehe! @ Patti- I see that you are in Grand Junction, my dad just recently moved there, it sure is pretty! Did you see that rally that's near Leadville? I think it's this weekend so too short of notice for me but I am going to keep an eye out for it next year!! I am, however, going to plan on going to the Aurora rally in Sept. I'm really excited to go to my first rally!

« kaleb | newbe »