Newbie - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2015, 01:14 PM   #21
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil H View Post
Here to learn. Airstreams seem to be every Real Man's dream on wheels. A little airframe on the road.
Being open minded and not stuck in a groove I have a passion for fiberglass, aluminum and some quality stickies to a lesser degree (they do have interior room to spare). All 3 types have their +'s and -'s. Amazingly older Airstream's and glass eggs hold their value in a big way.

Feel out the market and look around Neil. When the right trailer shows it's self there is a good chance you will know it's the right one.
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 01:29 PM   #22

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil H View Post
Here to learn. Airstreams seem to be every Real Man's dream on wheels. A little airframe on the road. ...
Hmmm.... every Real Man doesn't need an Airstream any more than a fish needs a bicycle..... nor do I think that every Real Man dreams about them either.

Real men just sit back and do what's right for the time place and manner.

We full-timed in a 25' Airstream for a year and enjoyed every minute of it. But, that was 1977-78, gas was cheap, and there weren't yet all that many FGRV's in the world for the full timer to choose from.

Today Airstream represents the Luxury end of the RV business and there are customers that find that attractive, but others find the current selling prices almost obscene.

Many (but certainly not all ) Real Men dream about having their FGRV set up at the beach, with the Swedish Ladies Beach Volleyball team practicing nearby, and having the only outside shower panel available in 5 miles. Now that's a dream.....lol

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 01:39 PM   #23

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Now there's a topic "Real Men". I suggest only women be allowed to respond to that one.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 01:43 PM   #24
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Many (but certainly not all ) Real Men dream about having their FGRV set up at the beach, with the Swedish Ladies Beach Volleyball team practicing nearby, and having the only outside shower panel available in 5 miles. Now that's a dream.....lol
Oh ya, my dream is similar but having the whole Swedish Ladies Beach ball team close by could be intimidating Dang it. Wishing I had the 64 Galaxy in my driveway right now.
Attached Thumbnails
ford rag 00_253562.jpg  
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 02:05 PM   #25

And... if ". A little airframe on the road." is what you need, try this for an RV: Feature: World's Only Street-Legal Boeing 727 Jet Limo - TechEBlog

Old 08-12-2015, 02:17 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1 View Post
Oh ya, my dream is similar but having the whole Swedish Ladies Beach ball team close be could be intimidating Dang it. Wishing I had the 64 Galaxy in my driveway right now.
WOW... That looks a lot like the 1964 Globetrotter we full timed in for a year c. 1978. Maybe a few feet shorter. But, as there weren't yet many FGRV's in those daze so we had to settle for second best...LOL

Old 08-12-2015, 02:19 PM   #27

Real Men...???

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Now there's a topic "Real Men". I suggest only women be allowed to respond to that one.
Come On Norm, this is 2015, defining "Real Men" is now open to equal opportunity opinions.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:38 PM   #28

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
I didn't mean that you couldn't have an opinion, I'm sure you do, but rather I would value the opinion of a woman more.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 03:13 PM   #29

Hmmm... I must not have expressed myself clearly....
What I was saying is that in 2015 there are also lot of men with valid opinions about what a Real Man is all about and that real man is sometimes their husband.