NEWBIE: Egg vs. Lil Snoozy advice - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-19-2014, 06:17 PM   #15

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Here's some pics of last years Arkansas Rally.
There was a variety of brands represented, but the Casitas
seem to out number everyone last year.

2013, Sept. 12-14: River Valley Egg Rally

Old 01-19-2014, 06:20 PM   #16

Name: None
Trailer: None
None
In Wisconsin the State Parks only allow generators when 1) There are no sites available with electricity 2) You have a medical condition that requires your need for electricity 3) The park ranger approves a generators usage. The hours when a generator may be run are also extremely limited . I would look for an EGG with both electric , propane and add solar . These features make your trailer much more versatile and increase the places where you can camp. IMHO> I would seriously look at the 17 ft Escape which has a large list of options

Old 01-19-2014, 06:28 PM   #17

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Mark,

Like many on this site I would not consider a trailer without propane for exploring North America.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:30 PM   #18

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Mark View Post
. Other brand names like Parkliner and Jayco just seem to be too heavy.
Mark, Ste. Genevieve, Missouri
ParkLiner is no heavier then a scamp 16, and mine has Interior Height: 6′ 5″.... Jayco is a stick built trailer, which has nothing in common with a ParkLiner.

ParkLiner Ultra-Light Camper Trailer Specs – ParkLiner Ultralight Travel Trailers

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:31 PM   #19

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Revisit the ParkLiner, it will tow very nicely and has the LOTS of headroom. (remember it is a 15fter)
6'5" interior height and 80" plus interior width and a large bed. Taller and wider inside than the Lil Snoozy.
Also it is under 2000#.

Also, don't lump the Casita and Scamp together...The Scamp has 5" more headroom. (1" less than the Snoozy)
Old 01-19-2014, 06:36 PM   #20

Name: Mark
Trailer: currently shopping
Missouri
The Escape 17' has an interior height of 6'2" - dangit again. The 19' Escape is 6'5" but $24,500 is getting up there. I'll check out Bigfoot and Escape forum. Don't know if I can afford a brand new one of any make.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:37 PM   #21

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
ParkLiner is no heavier then a scamp 16, and mine has Interior Height: 6′ 5″.... Jayco is a stick built trailer, which has nothing in common with a ParkLiner.

ParkLiner Ultra-Light Camper Trailer Specs €“ ParkLiner Ultralight Travel Trailers
That new logo pic on home page is just too cute.
I like it. And I bet yours will sprout wider wings
with the new tow you got.

PS.....like Floyd's pic too.......LOL
Old 01-19-2014, 07:57 PM   #22

Name: Gayle
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper #85
Midwest
I love my EggCamper. It meets my requirements. I wanted a trailer that my SUV could pull, little maintenance and that I could handle as I travel alone. I did not want to deal with propane and have very little interest in boondocking. I love to travel and was looking for a "traveling motel room" basically. I have spent over 100 nights, in it, pulled it over 15,000 miles and stayed in over 40 campgrounds/RV Parks.

I have spent nights in it when the weather was in the 30's and days when it was well over 100 degrees. The heater works great, the air conditioner is good until you get over 90-95. It is not too bad if you are parked during the day and can leave the air conditioner on and keep it half way cool. It is much more difficult when you have traveled thru the day and stop for the night when it is over 100 degrees. It takes all night basically to get it cooled down. The air conditioner is really my only disappointment with the EggCamper. The fridge is good, I use the hot water heater to shower in the Egg with no problem. I am 5 ft 4....I am not sure you would be as happy with the shower.

I did purchase a Honda generator when I went to Albuquerque to attend the Balloon Fiesta and dry camped and camping there with electric was very expensive. I spent 10 nights there. You could not run your generator after 10pm. I would run the generator in the morning for a while and a couple hours in the evening.
Ms. Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:03 PM   #23

Name: Mark
Trailer: currently shopping
Missouri
I just read a couple people who had problems with the Parkliner - a tire rubbing for one, and a battery leak for another. Then they had a issue with the people at Parkliner returning calls and having to go 1,000 miles to the plant to correct the problems. I realize the business is new, two years old, and may have some kinks to work out.

The Bigfoot has a dry weight of 3,000 lbs. I know nothing about towing weights but that is a 1,000 lbs more than other brands. I don't want a gas hog truck to pull it. Is 3,000 lbs a lot of weight for a mid size truck, SUV, or van?
Old 01-19-2014, 08:43 PM   #24

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Mark View Post
The Escape 17' has an interior height of 6'2" - dangit again. The 19' Escape is 6'5" but $24,500 is getting up there. .

Worth every penny if you ask me. But I have glass envy over the Escape.

As for the propane issue with EggCamper, I would suggest contacting Orlen Wolf a, member here who has a EggCamper that if I remember correctly they added propane (actually not a hard mod to do if you actually think about it). But having been in their EggCamper I would completely recommend it for the height, width factor. Much amazing how much more room it has over my Casita.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:12 PM   #25

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
Worth every penny if you ask me. But I have glass envy over the Escape.

As for the propane issue with EggCamper, I would suggest contacting Orlen Wolf a, member here who has a EggCamper that if I remember correctly they added propane (actually not a hard mod to do if you actually think about it). But having been in their EggCamper I would completely recommend it for the height, width factor. Much amazing how much more room it has over my Casita.
Problem is... The Escape19 is a parkmodel without a large tow vehicle and the OP sez...
"a small pickup or SUV is a must for me".
Old 01-19-2014, 10:05 PM   #26

Name: Susie
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy #151
North Carolina
Registry
You are going to find out, if you haven't already, that there is no one camper that has it ALL without an exorbitant price. - If even then. - So, you have to pick your priorities. I live in the south, and we don't boondock much, so the Snoozy is fine here, but yes, if I camped in the colder temps in the winter, I would probably want some propane. Best of luck in your search.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:21 PM   #27

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
The 19' and 21' Escape eggs have a 6'5" interior height. See specs here: 19 Foot Escape They come with LP installed, so that's one thing you won't have to add afterward like you would with the all-electric Eggcamper or Lil Snoozy. Also you can get the Escape with extra insulation & thermal windows, and a much larger fridge than the other two brands. Let me say that the larger fridge will work much better (temperature wise) than the little 2 or 3 cubic foot ones.

Any of the 3 would do what you want, once you get things configured the way you like it. If I were ready to retire and had the $$$, I'd go for an Escape myself. I have been in the 19' as well as the 5th wheel, and they are nice. A little more upscale looking interior than the other two.

A generator will provide power for air conditioning or to recharge your battery, if you are camping without electric hookup. If you have electric hookup whenever it's hot, you won't need a genny for that. And if you get a solar panel and controller (under $150), you most likely can maintain your battery without shore power.

Do you know what vehicle you will be towing with? Or is that still open?
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:26 PM   #28

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Problem is... The Escape19 is a parkmodel without a large tow vehicle and the OP sez...
"a small pickup or SUV is a must for me".
Dry weight 2500 lbs and hitch weight 254 lbs... that's no park model! No problem for a vehicle with about 5000 lb tow capacity, like Highlander, Traverse, Grand Cherokee, Tacoma, etc.

How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lil snoozy