NEWBIE: Egg vs. Lil Snoozy advice - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-21-2014, 09:58 AM   #57

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Eggcamper
Florida
Registry
Eggcamper

All white interior of the Eggcamper appealed to me, as well as making the interior feel even more spacious. I prefer the modern look and like to be able to wipe everything down with 409. Note also the Eggcamper has a wider isle due to its 88" overall width. Egg is smooth gel coat interior finish whereas lil'Snoozy is slightly rough.

Wayne

Old 01-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #58

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
If you like the Eggcamper interior, you will love the Oliver https://www.facebook.com/pages/Olive...83250005063478

Old 01-21-2014, 10:19 AM   #59

Florida
Registry
Oliver

I really do "LOVE" the Oliver. Have been studying it very closely as they have gone back into production. Looked at all the photos over and over.

Am planning a trip to Northern Wisconsin in July to visit some close friends.
Hope to tour the factory on the way up. That would be my next trailer if I decide to step up. I have the vehicle with which to easily tow it, however, I really enjoy the ease of towing my EggCamper. No weight distribution hitch and no anti-sway. Makes everything so quick and easy. Have tried to get it to break loose at 65 mph, but it is rock solid even in high winds and will follow me like a sports car.

All said, I really like simple - EggCamper - at this time.
Wayne
Old 01-21-2014, 10:30 AM   #60

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
For claustrophobia the picture window helps.

Mine has three picture windows.......
http://lilsnoozyclub-com.webs.com/ap...toid=177752028

Looking out open window

Backyard Photo Shoot:

http://lilsnoozyclub-com.webs.com/ap...bumid=14699527
Old 01-21-2014, 10:47 AM   #61

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Well Floyd, if you are going to label certain models as Park like, then the opposite may be said, certain 13' models are micro like where you have to go outside to change your mind!
I'll type this slowly...The comment was (as stated above) in context with "a small pickup or SUV".
There is nothing wrong with a large (and getting larger) Escape trailer, that a large (and getting larger) TV won't solve. I simply would not tow a 19-21 Escape with "a small pickup or SUV".
Of course there are those who would consider all present offerings in fiberglass to be too small.
When it comes to picking a travel trailer, how many times does one really need to change his mind anyway? Have you done this consistently while inside? Should one continue to upsize until one can change his mind while still inside?... or is going outside still going to be necessary in order to see just how big a thing you are about to tow?
Inside or out, my mind was made up 10years ago with great consequent satisfaction.

PS... even with emoticons it is difficult to convey the good humor in which our exchange is conducted. I hope it is both implied and inferred as needed.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:50 AM   #62

Florida
Registry
lil'Snoozy

I will have to admit that the Snoozy would be my choice if I could not have my egg. I like the rear door. I like the surge brakes, having towed boat trailers all my life. I too, like the twin beds (much easier to make up). I especially like the residential room ac mounted up high on the wall, another advantage of the flat rear wall design. Great trailer as far as I'm concerned.

Wayne
Old 01-21-2014, 10:56 AM   #63

Florida
Registry
Egg Humor

I really enjoy the humor on this site, Harley and Floyd. Very funny!
Old 01-21-2014, 12:39 PM   #64

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II
Mississippi
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Perpall View Post
I really do "LOVE" the Oliver. Have been studying it very closely as they have gone back into production. Looked at all the photos over and over.

I really enjoy the ease of towing my EggCamper. No weight distribution hitch and no anti-sway. Makes everything so quick and easy.
Wayne

No one I know is using either a weight distribution hitch or any kind of anti-sway equipment when towing their Oliver. It's just not needed. Even though this trailer is much heavier than the OP is looking for, it does have 78 inches of interior floor to ceiling height.

The new Oliver web site that will be going live in the next few days will have all the measurements and other stats.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:48 PM   #65

Florida
Registry
Oliver Trailer

Did not mean to imply that the Oliver required such. Just see all that on heavier trailers and am happy not to deal with it. Glad to know the Oliver does not necessarily require such. One more vote for Oliver. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:13 PM   #66

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 2004 Casita Liberty 17
British Columbia
Mark, my husband is around 6 ft and gets claustrophobic in these trailers. He would always need to sleep in a separate bed in the 13 footers but has progressed to the same bed in our Casita. He needs to keep the window next to where he is sleeping and the curtains open for the same reason. He (for some unkown reason) seems to be frequently standing up inside our trailer and it really bothered him when he had to bend his head.
Sounds like you should certainly spend some time in several before making a decision.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:20 PM   #67

IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Perpall View Post
Did not mean to imply that the Oliver required such. Just see all that on heavier trailers and am happy not to deal with it. Glad to know the Oliver does not necessarily require such. One more vote for Oliver. Thanks for the info.
There is talk of Oliver offering a smaller trailer, but seein' is believin'.
I got a chance to view the Oliver at LBL last fall. They are well made trailers, and I like most of their build philosophy.
Certainly a better trailer than a comparable Airstream Soveriegn,but my travel budget wouldn't tow it, let alone buy it!
Old 01-21-2014, 03:27 PM   #68

IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaigirl View Post
Mark, my husband is around 6 ft and gets claustrophobic in these trailers. He would always need to sleep in a separate bed in the 13 footers but has progressed to the same bed in our Casita. He needs to keep the window next to where he is sleeping and the curtains open for the same reason. He (for some unkown reason) seems to be frequently standing up inside our trailer and it really bothered him when he had to bend his head.
Sounds like you should certainly spend some time in several before making a decision.
The interior height in a new Scamp 13 is 6'3" and the bed is now 54" wide even on the standard.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:41 PM   #69

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
I assume, but don't know, that an Oliver may require a W/D system. Is that correct?

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:45 PM   #70

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Our Scamp 16, though probably not for your frame, has plenty of windows, front and back and both sides. One of the things I dislike about the Egg camper is no rear windows. Similarly for the Snoozy, no front window.

We went to a mainly Casita rally in TX and all the Casita owners commented on our Scamp's size, an optical illusion because we have a front and rear window, giving the impression of a longer trailer.
There's a little more to it than the windows. Part of it is the Scamp's wider aisle, which makes the entire trailer seem wider. Casitas really do feel closed in and tight to me. Scamps, not really.

The big side windows on the Snoozy do wonders for an open feeling.

Some folks who have been in the Parkliner have commented that it feels very spacious, too, because it has that open bench on the one side.

It's funny, when DW and I first started looking at travel trailers I settled on a 23' Rockwood, 8' wide plus a slideout. I felt like non-slide trailers were just way too confined feeling! Now I'm happy with my 7' wide no-slide trailer. My brain adjusted.

Mark, your pickup could probably tow a 13' egg. Maybe a 16' too.
Until a rally comes up, Scamp and Casita will also put you in touch with owners near you that will show their trailers to you, if you call their main offices. Or watch your local for sale ads (Craigslist, etc) for any used ones for sale near you, and even if you're not ready to buy yet you can go "kick the tires" (get inside them and see what you like/don't like).

How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lil snoozy