Newish Trillium 1300 Owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2014, 10:23 PM   #1

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Trillium
Oregon
Newish Trillium 1300 Owner

Hello,

First off, I think these forums are absolutely great. I have been lurking for a while.

We purchased a Trillium 1300 (1978) in August of last year. Not the prettiest on the eyes, but certainly made our summer last year. Wife, myself, 2 kids, and 2 dogs all had a great time in it.

Figured I would say hello, and thanks for all the tips.

Really hoping to get some work done on it before this season.

Cheers,
Dennis
Dennis_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:41 AM   #2

Name: Russ & Vivian
Trailer: Scamp
Pennsylvania
Welcome to the group Dennis,looking forward to pics ......a wealth of information at your fingertips. I too am doing a few updates and getting ready for the season.
Shadow56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:56 AM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry

Sounds like you've done a good job of breaking in your 'memory maker' in the first season! Welcome to the group
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:23 PM   #4

Oregon
Thanks folks,

I've just posted a few pics in my album. These were taken the first day we brought our trailer home.
She looks a little rough, but functions just fine after we did a bit of cleanup.
So we will see how it goes over the next few months.

Dennis
Old 04-21-2014, 04:15 PM   #5

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Personally, I think it is beautiful. The blue paint can be stripped off. Other than the non original tail lights, missing drawer, and rock guard on the front window. It looks like it is in good shape. No pictures of the dinette, but I am assuming you have a shelf above the dinette as well. So, other then a kitchen window, it is loaded.

Options:
Furnace
Fridge
Converter
Shelves
Door in Gaucho
Window in door

Thanks for posting the data sheet that is on the inside of your closet door. I will add your trailer to the serial number list. I gotta tell you though, it is not a 1978. The serial number puts it as a 1976.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post451605
The logo on the door, and the latch on the door all say 1976. In 1977, the line under the flower on the logo was deleted, and the door latch was changed to a Bargman L400. Yours is a Bargman L300.

If you like, I can take pictures and measurements of the drawer. That way it would not be too difficult to copy it.

The rock guard is another story. Occasionally Joe Thoen at Trillium / Outback in Calgary has them available. His number is (403) two seven two - 3929. The last one he had, he wanted $95 for it.

If you care, the tail lights can be purchased, brand new at:
http://www.fibreglass-rv.ca/catalog.html
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:11 PM   #6

Oregon
Hi David,

I was hoping you would make a comment. I have read lots of your posts on repair of these trailers.

Overall it is in pretty good shape, all the appliances work and are original.
I do have the drawer, I think I must have just pulled it out. The rock guard is missing unfortunately and is on the list to hopefully acquire. You are correct, there is a shelf above the dinette.

I think I had originally decided it was a 76 based on your serial numbering scheme, but then looked at something else that said it was a 78, and changed it.

Thanks for the contact for Joe, I will try him tomorrow.

The blue interior is a project we hope to complete at some point this summer, but the big one first is to tackle the leaks about the windows.
The previous owner was "kind" enough to tar around the seams it looks like, and out a few screws throughout the front of the trailer for curtains it appears.

Thanks, and I'll have a few questions for you and everyone else over the next while.

Cheers,
Dennis
Old 04-21-2014, 08:07 PM   #7

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I forgot to mention, your front window should be re-installed on the back. Having the escape hatch two feet from the door does not make much sense.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:50 PM   #8

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Great to have another Trillium on board, welcome! If you are looking for a road trip there is a Rally in Southern Manitoba this 15-17 Aug. Its listed in the Rally Forum if interested. Enjoy!

Tags
trillium