No closet in Scamp 19ft - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-27-2015, 10:38 PM   #1

Name: Kathy-Ann
Trailer: Scamp
Massachusetts
No closet in Scamp 19ft

Hi. I just bought a 19ft not deluxe Scamp 2011 used and have not seen it yet, except in a few photos. The layout has front bunks under the top bed in the nose. There is no clothes closet. I wonder how people might have creatively made a closet. We don't intend to use the bunks but do like the idea of the couch.

Also, how do you climb into that top bed? Stand on the couch cushion?
Kathy-Ann Becker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 11:11 PM   #2

Name: Dennis
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy-Ann Becker View Post
Hi. I just bought a 19ft not deluxe Scamp 2011 used and have not seen it yet, except in a few photos. The layout has front bunks under the top bed in the nose. There is no clothes closet. I wonder how people might have creatively made a closet. We don't intend to use the bunks but do like the idea of the couch.

Also, how do you climb into that top bed? Stand on the couch cushion?

Welcome tot the forum!

Ours is a Scamp Standard, with the front couch. Yes we step on tihe couch cushion to get to the bed.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:29 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
No closet in Scamp 19ft

I've seen some pretty creative modifications to the loft and front bunk area. They run the gamut from simple to elaborate. You might want to do some searching of old threads.

The best tool is the the Site Search/Google feature. If you haven't already found it, go to the blue bar at the top under your log-in information, choose "More," and it's at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It's only available on the website, not the app.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:54 AM   #4

Name: Peter
Iowa
Hi Kathy-Ann and welcome aboard.

We purchased a 2010 19 footer (standard, like the one you bought) this past July and have really enjoyed it so far. We have found that it is a great camper for two people to enjoy comfortably. This is especially true with the sleeping arrangement we use.

We don't use the couch at all (we hang mostly at the dinette when we're inside and use the loft to hang out when we want to stretch out) and set it up in bunk mode. We have placed 2 inch memory foam on top of the standard cushions in the loft. We place the "banana" cushion up against the two loft cushions and place the couch cushion on top of the bunk cushion as well. A well-tucked king-size fitted sheet keeps this arrangement securely in place and the cushions line up perfectly for a level sleeping surface. We have found that this gives us a very comfortable "north-south" sleeping arrangement which provides PLENTY of room. This also provides small "dead-space" between the fiberglass loft supports and screen door on one side and the bathroom wall on the other, which we have plans for (see below).

We have placed a plastic, two-drawer storage unit (widely available inexpensively at Walmart, Bed, Bath & Beyond, etc) on the fiberglass bench (couch) in between the bunk poles with a piece of no-skid shelf liner under the drawer unit to keep it place. It doesn't interfere with the storage cubbies under the couch. We've found the unit is perfect for holding all the clothes we need for a six-day trip and frees up all the other cabinets and cubbies for holding our other stuff.

This winter I am planning to add simple shelves between the screen door and fiberglass loft support and also a narrow shelf above the windows in the loft on both sides with small reading lights near the front cap. The front cap also makes an excellent headboard in our arrangement!! I am also planning on placing a hanging clothes bar between the bathroom wall and fiberglass loft support on the drivers side as well. The shelves and bar will easily give us all the storage we could ever need for hanging clothes and whatever else. I am also looking to replace a couple of the stock loft lights with AC and DC outlets as well to give us power in the loft.

If you search around on this forum you can find some elaborate re-configurations of the loft area which are beautifully done. (Peter H. posts of his loft set up comes to mind). We felt like in doing the simple things we are planning, this will give us an optimum set up (for us) with the added benefit of not making any major alterations which may be appealing to the next owner of our Scamp, especially if they want/need to use the couch.

Best of luck with your new-to-you Scamp and enjoy the adventures ahead!!

PS - It's super easy climbing up and down from the loft using the couch bench below. Our drawer unit leaves ample room for us to do this!

Peter
Peter S. in Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 10:58 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter S. in Iowa View Post
If you search around on this forum you can find some elaborate re-configurations of the loft area which are beautifully done. (Peter H. posts of his loft set up comes to mind).
Direct Link: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...oft-28336.html
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp