Not totally new, but...... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-01-2019, 08:29 PM   #1

Name: Charles
Trailer: Bigfoot
Georgia
Not totally new, but......

Hello, I joined this forum in March 2019 and have enjoyed it since then.

The other day I got lucky enough to see the ad and react quickly enough to purchase a very nice 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB 30th anniversary model with the extended front frame and cargo locker. This trailer is very cherry and while the previous owners made a few modifications to it, none were anything to scare me off, mostly just nice small improvements.

The previous owners have the Youtube channel Runaway Roses. Here are a couple of the videos featuring the Bigfoot...

https://youtu.be/uZ73gsmGbsk

https://youtu.be/IbXfFJSvwOE

I will be pulling it with a 2003 RAM 2500 single cab (long bed, only way the single cab 2500 was available) with a Leer Topper and Thule roof rack. It has a 5.9HO Cummins diesel and a 6 speed manual transmission, and only 95K on the odometer. It is bronze color and matches the bronze on the BF stripes.

I have a Thor/dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 that I bought as an interim RV that sadly has some wood damage on the lower LH side, and I will finish repairing it this winter and sell it in the spring. The Bigfoot will have to sit out till the Thor is finished, so I will put a cover on it for this winter.

My First RV was a Winnebago View motorhome which I thoroughly enjoyed but a motorhome simply didn't work for me.

I plan on cleaning the interior and loading it with all of my supplies and "stuff" in preparation for spring. Initial repairs will be confined to replacing the LP, CO and smoke detectors that are out of date, and a few other minor items.

Hope to see you'all around, and look forward to having people ask me "what kind of RV is that, never heard of it"

Charles
Old 12-02-2019, 11:18 AM   #2

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Welcome to the world of fiberglass Charles. That's quite a trailer you found. I hope to see you on the road, maybe at one of our many rallies. You'd sure stand out with that 25er.

Walt
Old 12-02-2019, 12:01 PM   #3

Name: Lee
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Registry
I remember watching those videos you listed. What a nice trailer.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:04 PM   #4

Name: Vicki
Trailer: 2019 Scamp 13' with 2015 Nissan Frontier V6
Alabama
Congrats! That is a really nice trailer!
Vicki Hale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 02:52 PM   #5

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Charles do you know what the Runaway Roses will have for a camper now that they have sold the 21RB to you.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:07 PM   #6

Name: Sandra
Trailer: 2006 EggCamper #35
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
Charles do you know what the Runaway Roses will have for a camper now that they have sold the 21RB to you.
Runaway Roses renovated a Fiberglass truck camper and posted videos. Congratulations Charles - that Bigfoot was a find for sure! Welcome.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:29 AM   #7

Name: Charles
Trailer: Bigfoot
Georgia
I was able to look at and in the truck camper (a 2005 Northern Lite 10-2). They did quite a bit of wood repair in the basement area, as it had leaked down the outside of the sewer vent pipe (cap had rotted away). That was the major work, the remainder was cleaning, polishing and repair of small things. They now have a 2019 Ram 3500 SRW to haul it on, and just need to equip it with truck camper tie downs and such, which is a rather expensive proposition.

The Bigfoot needs a few things, largely minor, as the smoke, LP and CO detectors are all original and expired, and will get replaced.

I had a near disaster yesterday as I decided to partially fill the water tank and test the pump, which I had not done when I bought it (was drained for cold weather) and the fill hose dislodged from the fill port and I got a gallon or so of water in the cargo compartment before I could get the hose out. Threw towels in there and sopped it up before it had a chance of going too far. I'm sure a little went underneath in the back corner but not much. Put a fan in there to dry it out some. The fill hose is too short and cannot be stretched enough to reconnect it so I have more hose coming. Bigfoot cut it a little short, and plastic tends to shrink over time.

I may eventually get a good camera or two and do some video, but I am not much good at that and it takes a lot of time to edit. There are so many good Youtube travel/RV videos on now that it will be tough to beat what is out there. I like to see places to go and things to do. Long Long Honeymoon and Grand Adventure are two of the ones I like the best, but there are others such as Fate Unbound and Slim Potatohead who also do a good job of showing you the places they visit.

Charles