Nuts for camping. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #1

Name: Steven
Trailer: Trillium
New York
Nuts for camping.

Howdy to all from New York. I recently picked up a 1975 Trillium. Its in serviceable condition but it is going to need a lot of basic repairs because it has not been properly maintained.

So a little about myself. I have a backpack camper many years and for the longest time I have had the opinion that if you're not a tent you're not really camping. So a couple years ago I had a minor back injury and while it really doesn't prevent me from doing anything the recovery time from sleeping on the ground in about a week. After some trial and error I found an air mattress that only made me a little stiff. The problem with this of course is that I can no longer go backpacking camping or I should say it'll be much more difficult. So I resorted to what I call drop and squat camping. This started to become someone of an issue because I have a tendency to be rather spontaneous about when I go camping. With my backpack it was really easy cause everything was already packed and ready I just threw it in the truck and went. Now with the air mattress I need a bigger tent which of course means a bigger tent and now that I'm drop and squat camping more people wanna come along which of course means more stuff. Now it takes me forever to load and unload the truck. So now I can't be a spontaneous about going camping as I used to and this bothers me more than anything else. So then I thought about getting a utility trailer and prepacking all my stuff on it. I found this strategy didn't work very well because I would have to unpacket it to find something I needed when I was not camping. So after years of not wanting to I decided a camper was what I needed. After two years of looking I finally found a camper that met all of my requirements. Once I bought it I found there was a mess of problems with the paperwork. Now that I have it all strait I thought I would tell others so hopefully it will not be as bad for them. I will explain that mess in a different thread. For now Howdy!
Squirrelly McNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #2

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Steven,

What year is your Trillium? Do you have pictures you could post? We love pictures.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:25 PM   #3

Name: Steven
Trailer: Trillium
New York
As I said in the beginning it is a 1975. As for pictures yes I will be posting them when I get home. I am currently posting from my phone.
Squirrelly McNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #4

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Oops, missed that. I don't know if you have seen this thread:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ium-56121.html
If you post your serial number, or even better a picture of the data sheet that should be glued to the inside of the closet door, then I will add you to the list. The goal being to help identify the year of a Trillium by the serial number.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #5

Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
Welcome, Mr McN. Like you, I was a backpacker and car camper for many years before switching over to fiberglass. I never had anything more than minor problems with my back but I definitely lost the enjoyment as I got older.
Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Steven, welcome to FiberglassRV. We're glad you're here!

You're among friends and a lot of us have the same or similar background. You'll love the memories you're going to make along the way with your new-to-you Trillium. And, sleeping is going to be great with the right bedding.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #7

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Welcome to the Forum Steven..........

Let the good times "continue....."
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Congrats Stevan on your new camp style choice . Where in New York are you located as their will be 2 rally's near niagara falls on the Canadian side .lots of ideas on refurbishing .and remember the only thing better than getting a egg that needs no work is one that needs a lot
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote