Obsessed with FGRVs in Austin... - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2014, 10:15 AM   #41

Name: Karen
Trailer: In the market
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
The time the children are at an age where they actually want to camp with you is way to short but the memories will last a life time for you and them, so make the most of it!
So true. Always a good reminder. They grow up so very fast.
kapers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:16 AM   #42

Name: Karen
Trailer: In the market
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
A compromise is a Trillium 4500.
I really like the Trillium 4500. They are hard to come by this far south (I'm in Texas) but they do occasionally pop up. I recently saw one up for sale near Dallas for $4500.
kapers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:02 AM   #43

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
I tend to agree with those that say 15 or 16 ft. might be more comfortable due to more floor space. A lot depends on how you camp currently. We carry a large rain fly and are outside for cooking, eating and hanging out. Traveling with kids the ability to pull in for the night, set up for the night by leveling camper and take off in the morning easily is nice. There is something to be said for the wow factor of 5 people and large dog in a 13 ft. provided it is not a PITA to do it.

One thing to consider, will you cook inside? Do you need base cabinet with sink, stove and fridge inside the camper? Are you comfortable with replacing that with something shallower or shorter that would free floor space? Could you run water line to a hookup outside for dish washing etc. Saw a Trillium with added outside sink that sink is what the owner used all weekend. With 5 people the small fridge is not going to be as useful, maybe a taller fridge and shallow storage and limited counter or shelf?

Of course at that point one is best off getting a fixer upper so one is not paying for nice appliances and cabinets that you would be removing to sell as used.

I guess I too find the idea of using a small space efficiently a thought provoking idea.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:11 PM   #44

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
My 13 foot has a bag awning when you set that out you can get a screened porch for it. This way you can shove them all outside protected from flying critters.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #45

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I know how I camp, I know how I've camped in the past. (backpack, tent, carcamper).. but think of your FUTURE. You know what you've done before... but, what does you Bucket List hold?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote