Order placed - now comes the waiting - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-26-2011, 03:09 PM   #15
Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Congratulations! You may want to camp one night in the trailer just to make sure everything works OK before the long drive home. I think there is a campground near the factory.

Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #16
Name: Adrian
Trailer: Lance 1985~'Casita de Campo' ~23' 4"~Dinette Slide Previously: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette, Front Bath
New Mexico
Hola! from Las Cruces, New Mexico. Congrats! on the new Scamp, JohnF. I am sure you will really enjoy it. The options you added will really make it a comfortable rig.

Reeves99 (Phil), Congrats! on your new Escape as well. Really a beautiful unit. I am sure you will really enjoy it as well.

Hope to see pics & updates from you both soon.

Travel Safe & Camp Peacefully,

** ** AW

2005 16' Scamp Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailer
Side Dinette, Front Shower & Head
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab
Long Bed with A.R.E. Molded Fiberglass Topper

Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #17
Name: Tim
Trailer: Class B for now
Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
My wife and I tented as we have for years over labor day and endured a lot of rain, cold & wind and generally ugly conditions. Decided to bail a day early and on the way out of the campground in Munising, MI we saw both a Scamp and a Casita and thought - wow, those look really nice, small, and fun.

Fast forward after a fun month of researching...

Ordered a 13' standard Scamp today, layout 2 with the toilet & shower and hot water heater. Option package including fridge, screen door, city water, stove window, battery pack, gravel shield, etc. Got one not built or wired for roof AC so that we get a nice big 14" extra roof vent that way. We liked the side cabinets best for easier access while the table is up and it just felt bigger to see the back wall uncluttered in the one 13' we were able to view in person.

Added the 3 speed fan, crank windows for light rain ventilation, furnace, bike rack receiver, vinyl floor, brakes, and 3 additional well placed dome lights and 2 AC outlets. Also the larger group 27 sized battery.

Picking it up near the end of the month at the factory - looking forward to a long and fun relationship with it.

Thanks for everyone's valuable posts - this forum has been a fantastic source of info and helped us make much more informed decisions (we hope).
Sounds like a nicely ordered 13', I'm sure you will really enjoy it.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #18
Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Wishing you the best with your Scamp

Norm and Ginny

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote