Parkliner Newbie - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
DJO

Name: DJO
Trailer: Parkliner #40 something
Colorado
Registry
Parkliner Newbie

A very BIG thanks to all of you! After about a year of gleaning information we have ordered a Parkliner, due in April. We couldn't of made the decision without your comments and opinions. Thank you so much!

We've enjoyed the process of choosing a camper. We visited the Scamp factory in MN, the Casita factory in TX, saw a nice Escape in CO and visited Parkliner in NC. The Escape was very well built and the company owners were super friendly and helpful. The feel of the Parkliner though was homey and roomy.

Now we're working on how to bring it to Colorado...pick it up or to somehow have it shipped. Any ideas?
DJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Now we're working on how to bring it to Colorado...pick it up or to somehow have it shipped. Any ideas?
I don't know...do you like to camp?
Old 02-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #3

Name: Lora
Trailer: 89 Bigfoot 17G & 73 Compact II
Northern Neck, VA
Registry
We could deliver it in June.
Lora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
You may want to camp nearly and work out any warranty issues in case you don't have a Parkliner dealership in Colorado.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #5

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Congradulations! I am very sure you will love it, I love mine. Got it home to my parents house today where it will be stored and my parents both like it and think its pretty big sizewise and looks more then comfortable for 1 or 2.

deryk
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #6

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
There are no dealers anywhere.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #7

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I think Tom kinda meant that as a joke lol

deryk
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #8

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Congrats!
We're picking up our Parkliner in April, too. We're driving down from upstate NY and camping our way back. But then our round trip is only about 1300 miles. Depending on where you are in CO, I'm guessing that you have a couple of thousand miles to add to that figure. Sounds like you could make a real adventure out of the trip. Best of luck and safe travels.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #9

Name: Carol
Trailer: Undecided
Illinois
Campground close to Park Liner

Does anyone know of a nice campground close to Gibsonville? I want to do some camping close to Park Liner before I bring my new baby back to Illinois (first week of May). That way, if there are any issues I will hopefully find them while I'm still close to Chandler.
Carol in Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #10

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol in Illinois View Post
Does anyone know of a nice campground close to Gibsonville? I want to do some camping close to Park Liner before I bring my new baby back to Illinois (first week of May). That way, if there are any issues I will hopefully find them while I'm still close to Chandler.
Carol,
Chandler recommended Hagenstone Park which is run by the town of Greensboro. I Googled it and it is about 30 miles from Gibsonville but in the wrong direction of travel for us. We settled on Goose Point Campground in Basset, VA, about 70 miles north of Gibsonville. It's run by the Army Corps of Engineers and looks really nice and the prices are very reasonable. The link to the ReserveAmerica info is Campground Details - GOOSE POINT, VA - ReserveAmerica - [NRSO].

Have a great adventure.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #11

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Need your new trailer delivered, watch "Shipping Wars" on A&E network, that'll convince you to go get it yourself. A Parkliner just came into the SC campground we are at, Hunting Island. Didn't get much of a look at it because it was late and they had to get set up. Also two Casitas here, we're close to having an unplanned fiberglass rally!
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:44 PM   #12

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
Congrats DJO, I'm sure you will enjoy your new Parkliner. We just got back from a 3wk trip to Florida and had a great time.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #13

Name: Carol
Trailer: Undecided
Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
Carol,
Chandler recommended Hagenstone Park which is run by the town of Greensboro. I Googled it and it is about 30 miles from Gibsonville but in the wrong direction of travel for us. We settled on Goose Point Campground in Basset, VA, about 70 miles north of Gibsonville. It's run by the Army Corps of Engineers and looks really nice and the prices are very reasonable. The link to the ReserveAmerica info is Campground Details - GOOSE POINT, VA - ReserveAmerica - [NRSO].

Have a great adventure.
Hey, thanks Brian! I just purchased a book of campgrounds run by the Army Corps of Engineers. Looks like it will be used a lot!
Carol in Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #14

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
On shipping...
Since my wife and i are on the north-western most tip of Oregon there was no way we could have driven to NC to pick up our Parkliner (also set for delivery in April). I did some shopping around and finally placed a bid (range) i was comfortable with that i believed would be in a range that would benefit the carrier/transporter. We got several (about two dozen) bids. I settled on one in the middle of my bid-range to a guy that is a retired long haul truck driver that had many reviews all positive. I believe the experience for he and I will be profitable and well executed. You might try uShip services and place a bid?

Best wishes and welcome to the Parkliner family : )
Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:17 PM   #15
DJO

Name: DJO
Trailer: Parkliner #40 something
Colorado
Registry
Many thanks for the input! I wish we had time to make a nice trip out of bringing the camper to CO but no time right now. You've got me thinking mary and bob that maybe I just need to do a quick two days out and two days back. I am going to check out the uShip site and then decide. Your welcomes are helping me with the anxiety of making such a big purchase. Thx!!
DJO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner