Put a deposit on a 1976 Trillium 1300 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2015, 09:10 AM   #1

Name: stefan
Trailer: 76 Trillium 1300
Waterloo, Ontario
Put a deposit on a 1976 Trillium 1300

So, my wife Jennifer and I have taken the plunge and put down a deposit on a 1976 Trillium 1300. It looks really good on the outside as far as gelcoat and overall appearance. Peeked underneath and the frame looks decent. It does have a broken front stone guard over the front window - just the left 1/3. Someone has put a 110v A/C unit in the right rear window. Should clean up nicely outside.

The inside overall doesn't look too bad. Needs a good clean. The fridge was replaced with a deeper one that sticks out a little. There doesn't seem to be a furnace. The closet has had shelves riveted in so it looks awful when you walk in the door. Stove top is rusty. The worst detractor to this trillium is that the ensolite was removed and someone glued a short pile/nap carpet to the walls with nothing in between. Have to see how that works out.

Overall I'd say it's a nice little trailer.
Will take better pictures when I get it home when the weather warms up.

Thanks for looking, Stefan.
stefman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:43 AM   #2

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Interesting, It has the exterior vent for a furnace, but no furnace. What is in the lower kitchen cupboard?
Does the front couch have a back? I can't see it in the pictures. This is what becomes the upper bunk, when the gaucho is converted to bunk beds.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:47 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Tony
Trailer: Dutchman
Massachusetts
Welcome to the site Stefan, pretty neat looking trailer.

Tony
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:54 AM   #4

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Looks nice, snow and all! I wonder how many 1976 Model "stick-built" trailers would be in as good shape? If you enjoy it half as much as I have enjoyed my 1982 Burro, you will be "smiles ahead."

Regards,
Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:12 AM   #5

Waterloo, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Interesting, It has the exterior vent for a furnace, but no furnace. What is in the lower kitchen cupboard?
Does the front couch have a back? I can't see it in the pictures. This is what becomes the upper bunk, when the gaucho is converted to bunk beds.
There was nothing in the lower kitchen cupboard except the underside of the sink. I'm fairly sure there was a back to the front couch but it was just a foam cushion like the rest. I wouldn't know how to make it a bunk, not that I need one, but I guess I will learn.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:30 AM   #6

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
The upper bunk is a piece of plywood with foam on one side, all covered in fabric. It is attached to the bottom of the window frame with a piano hinge. There are two shower curtain brackets on the bottom. When you pull the bottom of the back rest out and up, you insert a couple of support posts from the shower curtain brackets to the dimples in the the seat part of the gaucho to support the upper bunk.

Many people, who don't require sleeping spaces for four people, remove the plywood for the upper bunk. This makes for a deeper seat on the couch.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:41 AM   #7

Name: Ron
Trailer: Trillium 13 ft (green grape)
Ontario
Welcome to the world of fiberglass trailers.
Your going to enjoy the revival of a great trailer.
Have fun and don't be shy in asking for ideas and help.
Ron
RRJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:08 PM   #8

Name: Larry
Trailer: 1976 trillium
Ontario
hi stefhave you started on your camper yet mine is still in storage until mid april i am not sure what we are going to do yet but would like to put a bunk in front if possible stay in touch O.K old yellller
old yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 05:46 AM   #9

Waterloo, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by old yeller View Post
hi stefhave you started on your camper yet mine is still in storage until mid april i am not sure what we are going to do yet but would like to put a bunk in front if possible stay in touch O.K old yellller
Yes, I have started. I have pulled the belly band off, I am just about to pull the windows and I'm going to pull out all the 'carpet' on the walls. As far as the front bunk, mine ddoesn't have it. Keep in touch.

Stef
Old 03-21-2015, 06:31 AM   #10

Name: Al
Trailer: Trillium
California
Very nice looking trailer Stefan! I hope you get as much fun and enjoyment out of it as we have with ours!
Old 03-21-2015, 02:27 PM   #11

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefman View Post
Yes, I have started. I have pulled the belly band off, I am just about to pull the windows and I'm going to pull out all the 'carpet' on the walls. As far as the front bunk, mine ddoesn't have it. Keep in touch.

Stef
You sure you want to pull the carpet ? Isn't that your insulation ?
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:07 PM   #12

Waterloo, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
You sure you want to pull the carpet ? Isn't that your insulation ?
Originally yes. There is no longer ensolite on the walls. It used to have shag and the last person replaced that with a short hair carpet. The job he did is 'fugly'. See thread here.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...not-68170.html

I will take all the carpet off and clean everything and most likely then paint the plastic a more white color. I might tackle putting up some 'rat fur' myself or take it to an upholstery shop. Not sure yet.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:03 AM   #13

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Stefan I didn't connect the two posts....looks like you may be good to go for your location and travels from comments from folks in your area.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:50 AM   #14

Waterloo, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
Stefan I didn't connect the two posts
Sorry, I should have reread the other post first. I was just trying to point out that the ensolite insulation was long gone. I am also aware of possible condensation problems. I will definitely put something back on the walls to give some R-value and hopefully help control condensation. It will also hopefully be done much more neatly than the last job. Thanks for your concern. I will eventually post pictures of the completed project.

Tags
trillium