Putting the down-payment on the Patriot! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-31-2014, 06:27 PM   #1

Name: Sue
Trailer: Casita Patriot '13
Pennsylvania
Talking Putting the down-payment on the Patriot!

Tomorrow morning!
I'll need lots of help! Total newbie! Hopefully, I'll have the cash and the rented uhaul and pick it up wednesday. I got the financing today and rented the parking space in the secure storage facility. Whew! Got alot done in one day!

This weekend really made it all happen. Let's hope my plans all come together and I'm the happy owner of a new (to me) Patriot!

Anyone else on the Ct coast? Wanna go kayaking with me?
jazzjunkysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:35 PM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
So what's a patriot?
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:52 PM   #3

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
So what's a patriot?
Yer kiddin', right, Mary and Bob?

Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:38 PM   #4

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Wonderful, congratulations, you have been busy!
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:25 PM   #5

New York
Francesca; forgot about that model Casita!! Actually have never seen a Casita 13, plenty of 16 & 17's though. Google Patriot camper and a couple different trailers come up that are totally different from each other and from Casitas.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:23 PM   #6

Pennsylvania
Saw it. Loved it. Put some $$ down on it. Yay!

I put down the holding payment on that 2005 Patriot this morning! Now, I just need to return with the cash and I'm ready to do battle with the NJ and CT DMV. I'll do that wednesday. I test drove a jeep cherokee today and if the mechanic says it's OK, I'll have my tow vehicle and there's a garage just down the street that specializes in next-day hitches.

Today was my first time inside the patriot, and It's so cozy! I can't wait to get it home and really clean it out and figure out how I'll use the little storage bins. I'm thinking about plastic bins that lift right out, so I'll have to do some measuring and shopping.

The water/water heater/ and plumbing will be all new to me, so, I'll be back here with some really dumb questions.

I have a queen bed topper so I'll do what some on here have suggested and put the cushions on top of it to cut it to size, and make a cover and hope I can get it in there!

But it's such a great feeling that I can go no matter what the weather is, and not have that 3 hour campsite setup. I also like the feeling that I can lock the door and get a great night's sleep. It will also be nice to vacate a site easily by 11 am and then keep it in the parkinglot and extend my day, without being totally wiped out and sweating.

Picking it up wednesday! Can't wait!!!!
Old 06-01-2014, 07:41 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Sue, all the things you mentioned is what keep a lot of us really excited about all molded towables. Get a journal and write down all the good and not so good parts about your experiences when camping. Make memories!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:53 PM   #8

New York
CT DMV can be strange to deal with. We gave our daughter in New London a used popup that had been registered in MA. Had to take it in to a DMV location just for someone to verify the VIN number matched the paperwork. Easy registering it after that.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:08 PM   #9

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzjunkysue View Post
Now, I just need to return with the cash and I'm ready to do battle with the NJ and CT DMV.

I hope that doesn't mean there's trouble with the Title...paperwork attached to such an ordinary transaction shouldn't otherwise be troublesome!

Not knowing exactly what's going on, here's my one-size-fits-all advice:

Do NOT pay the money over unless you have the paperwork needed to get Legal Title to the trailer!

End of rant...
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:54 AM   #10

Name: Jeannette
Trailer: Compact Jr
Oregon
Hi, we're Compact Jr. RVers in Central OR.
Redoing our 1971 Compact Jr.......fun!

I've known about this group for several years but just got around to joining. I'm finding it to be very helpful so far (thank you Donna). Looking forward to seeing some of you at a rally some time.
Jeannette and David
Kayakgramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:00 AM   #11

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzjunkysue View Post
But it's such a great feeling that I can go no matter what the weather is, and not have that 3 hour campsite setup. I also like the feeling that I can lock the door and get a great night's sleep. It will also be nice to vacate a site easily by 11 am and then keep it in the parking lot and extend my day, without being totally wiped out and sweating.

Yep, all that. Plus no tilting, sliding, popping, etc., etc. Or doing any of that back home (twice) because it was raining when you broke camp.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:18 PM   #12

Pennsylvania
For Francesca, Mary and Bob,
They don't have a title but it's not required in either state since it's so small. They accept a vin verification and the guy down the block will do that for me. There are so few of these up here in new england that I'm sure I can sell it without it, if I ever do! I'll get so much use out of it that I won't be asking much for it when I do.
I showed the people at my credit union the pics and they all responded like it was a puppy or a baby. Hysterical! I got a savings-secured loan at 2.2%. Too funny! In 4 years I'll only pay a total of $700 interest for both the rv and the suv.

Great idea about the journal, Donna. Thanks. I'll keep track of all the hotel bills I'm not paying, too! Plus, the older I get the less I like hotels at all.

« Hello! | Now what? »