R-Pod 190 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2018, 01:11 PM   #1

Name: Carl
Trailer: Currently shopping
Massachusetts
R-Pod 190

Hello everybody. We are new to the site and have just bought an R-Pod 190 prior to retirement, to travel the backroads of America. We look forward to our new found freedom as well as all the great people we are sure to meet on the road. We welcome your comments on our new rig as well as any insight you may have. I’m Carl and my lovely wife is Robin.
captain carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 01:40 PM   #2

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain carl View Post
Hello everybody. We are new to the site and have just bought an R-Pod 190 prior to retirement, to travel the backroads of America. We look forward to our new found freedom as well as all the great people we are sure to meet on the road. We welcome your comments on our new rig as well as any insight you may have. I’m Carl and my lovely wife is Robin.
Hi Carl, The R-Pods are not molded fiberglass trailers. Molded fiberglass is the structural trailer type that this forum is focused on. The R-Pod are constructed of composite, sheet goods, flat panels that then get cut to shape and assembled. These are two very different methods of construction and each structural type comes with unique issues which is why there is a need to have separate forums focused on the specific type of trailer build.

But no worries there are several forums on the internet that are specifically on R-Pods.
Here is a link for an R-Pod owner's forum.
R-pod Owners Forum

Have fun, happy trails to you!
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote