Recent Trillium Outback customer service - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-22-2017, 10:29 PM   #15

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Welcome to FGRV Darwin. I think you may be the record holder for a first post. Hope things work out for you.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:27 PM   #16

Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Darwin, we had a large gap at the bottom of our 13' Scamp that would allow rain to soak the bottom part of the door. I purchased some flat aluminum stock and screwed it to the underside so it almost touched the door. I then placed automotive type seal that pinched onto the flat stock with the "bulb" of the seal touching the very bottom of the door. A good way to check for a poor door seal is to have someone shine a light all around the door at night, as you are inside looking for light.
Dave & Paula

Old 02-23-2017, 03:05 PM   #17

Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
Registry
Wow! Darwin--first off, welcome to this forum! Secondly, I can only say how very saddened I am to hear of your troubles with Joe and your new Outback.
No one who buys anything in good faith, whatever the product, should be treated to such terribly poor customer service. Or lack thereof.

As I had written, our experience with Joe has always been good---but there is a "but" there---- our purchase was NOT thru Joe. We actually bought our trailer thru a third party who ordered 6 trailers at the time, chose the options, arranged delivery to Nova Scotia and paid the bill to the company directly. We bought from him. Our contact with Joe has been for small items, questions regarding our fridge and other such reasons.
As I also noted, email contact was often slow but phone calls worked better.

How incredibly disappointed you must be! The gap at the bottom of your door is surely a problem. Is the rubber gasket in place? It should rim the entire door. One of our contacts with Joe, in fact, was to order more gasket after the bottom part split from years of stepping on it. And service was very quick, in fact, he sent the product at no cost.

Please keep us informed how the story progresses..... and again, we are glad that you are here.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:39 PM   #18

Name: Bruce
Trailer: Trilluim Outback
British Columbia
Joe is getting some poor press here and i too feel sorry for D's experience. We ARE happy with our trailer - thank goodness. Otherwise i fear there is no recourse and we felt that all along. The bottom of our door looks a bit like it sticks out, but we dragged her home in a blizzard and no mush or slush came in.

I posted some pictures of the trailer under the introductions section, if you wanted to take a look. I think if i posted them here it might be rubbing salt into D's wounds.

We did take care to preserve a cordial relationship with Joe, despite his broken promises and our disappointment. I seems no good comes from having bad will with the person you hope is building your trailer!
Old 02-23-2017, 03:43 PM   #19

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Rhodes View Post
seems no good comes from having bad will with the person you hope is building your trailer!
Should work the other way around too.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:46 PM   #20

Name: Darwin
Trailer: 2016 Trillium Ouback
British Columbia
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I appreciate the support.

Does anyone know of a qualified company (or individual) in British Columbia or Alberta that could have a look at the door for me?

For the record, I gave Joe every opportunity to respond to my concerns and only posted this after much deliberate thought and consideration.

I can live with some minor cosmetic deficiencies because I know that the trailer will be put to some hard use once it gets on the road. But to spend big dollars on a new product and then to be totally ignored by the manufacturer because you have some concerns is not acceptable.

I do not think anyone who just purchased a brand new truck from Ford would be ok with a couple of dents in the dash, a scratch on the seat and a driver's door that does not close properly.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:29 AM   #21
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Seven years ago we had a similar experience with the other Trillium manufacturer, the one that's no longer in business. It was cheaper to fix what we had than get a lawyer, so that's what we did. Sixty thousand miles later everything we could fix is fixed and we don't notice the cosmetic stuff we couldn't fix. And we throughly enjoy our Trillium.

Poor build quality seems to be a common complaint. While it may be easier to just push stuff out the door in any condition what's missed is the long term effects of that attitude. You are a travelling billboard for their product. And these trailers do draw a crowd. With the Internet, word spreads quickly. On our first outing someone we gave a tour to posted what they saw.

Try not to let the bad ruin your fun. Safe travels, Raz
Old 02-26-2017, 01:21 PM   #22

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 2004 Casita Liberty 17
British Columbia
Gosh I feel bad for you Darwin thats not ok in any shape or form.
Thanks for posting so that others are aware of your experience and can base their purchasing decisions on both of these buyers experiences.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:40 PM   #23

Name: MIKE
Trailer: CURRENTLY SHOPPING
ON - Ontario
NO REPLY TO EMAIL

I am also very interested in the Outback Trillium so I sent the company an email stating that I was seriously considering purchasing one of their trailers. I was interested in knowing if the modifications I was proposing were feasible or not.
I received no reply and it's been a few months now.

I'd say that's pretty poor customer service.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:46 PM   #24

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2015 F150 Lariat Ecoboost Crew Cab
Texas
Registry
Customer service and reputation was our PRIMARY consideration when we were deciding which trailer to buy. Calls and emails went unanswered to two different companies. The main reason we have the trailer we do was as simple as this: they responded immediately, and answered all our questions.

They also stayed in touch throughout the build process, and the service we've received after the sale has been nothing less than stellar. That's worth way more to me than a few thousand bucks.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:47 PM   #25

Name: MIKE
Trailer: CURRENTLY SHOPPING
ON - Ontario
Happy Customer

I take it you are a happy customer of Escape Industries?
Old 06-27-2017, 06:31 AM   #26

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2015 F150 Lariat Ecoboost Crew Cab
Texas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bealem View Post
I take it you are a happy customer of Escape Industries?
Well yes, but my point was that customer service and reputation should be big factors when deciding what to buy. In reading some of the stories about Outback Trillium, as a new buyer I would certainly avoid them.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:58 PM   #27

Name: Reade
Trailer: Trillium
manitoba
A Trill would look good on you Ken
Old 08-28-2017, 10:38 PM   #28

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
[QUOTE=DarMac;628530

Does anyone know of a qualified company (or individual) in British Columbia or Alberta that could have a look at the door for me?

[/QUOTE]

You should send an Email to Escape Trailers in Chilliwack. A few years back he was actually a contract builder for Trillium US for a year so he knows Triliums.
Escape for a number of years was doing repairs on all brands of Fibreglass Trailers but since they have gotten so popular with their Escape builds I am not sure they still do. You may want to send him so photos of the issue that he may give some ideas as to the fix if he can't do it for you.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium