Reece thoen - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Name: Reece
Trailer: Outback trillium
Alberta
Hi I'm Reece I manufacture new trillium outbacks in calgary i have created an account to purely expand my business I have moulds and as well as a Fiberglass shop if anyone would like pics, info, or a professional word on something please MSG me. These are pics of my latest build raised 3inches with 15 inch tires for off road capability. LED lighting in and out super dark tinted rear window and 2- 30 lbs bottles.
Attached Thumbnails
image-2029396366.jpg   image-2113203424.jpg  

image-419767577.jpg   image-1743917194.jpg  

Outback Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Reece, welcome to FiberglassRV. We've followed the Trillium connection to the Outback for a long time on this forum. Glad to have you as a member. Please check in fairly frequently, it's possible YOU are going to receive a lot of questions or PMs about your particular brand of trailer.

As you may know, Escape Trailer Industries is owned by Reace (and Tammy), I hope this doesn't cause further confusion. It's bad enough about the Outback (out of Canada) and Trillium (out of California).

At any rate, WELCOME!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Alberta
Well if it helps those confused Trillium RV bought their initial moulds from Outback. As we have been manufacturing some 8 years before Trillium RV.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #4

I'm not sure it will help, but it's nice to know!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #5

Name: Andrew
Trailer: Modified Trillium Jubilee
Ontario
Registry
Reece, what may help is to give us a bit of the history lesson, as you know it and tell us, as straight as possible, why do you refer to your trailers as "trillium". I mean, what are other reasons than the fact that the moulds that you are using are based on the original Trillium moulds / trailer?
Old 01-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #6

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
Hello Reece!

I, for one, am still confused!

Owning/making molds at any point in time is one thing, but how did the Trillium brand name get so mixed up and why is there still confusion today?
Old 01-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Alberta
When Joe Thoen of International Trailer and Team Trillium in Calgary purchased the rights to manufacture the classic Trillium trailers, he could not have imagined how strong the damend would be for these compact, lightweight, and aerodynamic RVs. Today, with more than 20 years experience in manufacturing fiberglass travel trailers, and fifteen years as a supplier of parts and accessories for the classic Trillium and Boler models, Team Trillium has the facilities to manufacture to order, and sell four distinct models direct to the consumer.
The 2008 Outback by Team Trillium is based on the original Trillium trailer built in Markham, Ontario beginning in the 1970’s. All of the advantages of the original concept remain – two-piece bonded construction that results in a “monocoque” body that is dust, hail, and water proof, will never rust, and is easily repaired in the event of a mishap. New adhesives not only cure faster, enabling more efficient manufacturing processes, but the use of modern appliances and electronics make the Outback trailer even more attractive than ever.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #8

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Glad to have you here. Your participation is bound to get the Outback onto our radar more. We are all interested in knowing the details of each 'egg' that's available so we can make informed decisions.

I don't see rivets on the sides of your trailer. Are the cabinets and things molded into place in such a way that they don't need rivets for support? What about the optional oak interior? Do you use rivets around openings, or anywhere at all?

Does the trailer come with holding tanks? If so, what are their capacities? (If this info is on the website and I missed seeing it, I apologize.) Am I correct in understanding that there's no provision for an inside shower, only an outside one?
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Alberta
Hey mike only the toilet floor plan would come with a holding tank. The direct drain water tank is 10 gallon. There are rivets it there is 3 layers of fiberglass that is applied on top of them making them sealed in from the elements. Our cabinets are glued in with a industrial strength adhesive called plexus. The oak is a option.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #10
Commercial Member

Alberta
And yes only outside.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #11
Commercial Member

Alberta
Hey Dave!! Thanks for the help clearing the confusion and the support. Apparently it's a hard concept to understand. I believe our back orders are coming in on Thursday or Friday witch your jacks will be included in.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #12

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I just think that a manufacturer should be welcome if they are willing to actively participate on this group. It would be nice if other manufactures addressed the concerns and ideas of their potential and past customers here. This participation would be very helpful to the people on this site.

I realize that competitive pressures make attacking each other seem reasonable, but it is a no win situation if the various camps just attack.

Might want to get your selves on the manufacturers tab at the top.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:36 AM   #13

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
I realize that competitive pressures make attacking each other seem reasonable, but it is a no win situation if the various camps just attack.
I agree with you in principle, however there are many people here who feel attached to the Trillium name/legacy for whatever reason, so when talking about overlapping brand names it is never really clear who is attacking who, or "who came first", unless the confusion is cleared up by both parties, IMHO.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:49 AM   #14

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Reece,
Do you have a website up and running with specs?
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Reece,
Do you have a website up and running with specs?
You mean this? Compact lightweight fiberglass Outback travel trailers Calgary | Trillium Trailers

It's been in the Helpful-Links for a looooong time. Under "All Current Trailer Brands." (which aren't )
Old 01-10-2012, 08:35 AM   #16

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I was aware of that one, I did not know they were one in the same since this was his first post. Thanks
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #17

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
reece---are you joe's son or another family member?
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #18
Commercial Member

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p
reece---are you joe's son or another family member?
Yes I am his son
Old 01-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #19

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
welcome aboard. i know your father has contributed some posts onto this forum before. i like the changes to this new outback you show.....the tinted window at the back will be a big help---personally, we tinted all of our windows ourselves and it has made a huge difference, not only for decreasing the glare and heat of the sun, but also for privacy. now i can slip in and change clothes during the daytime without having to close all the curtains. one of the things we are researching is a solar panel and it sure would have been great to have had it factory-installed. but since we didn't get our unit from the factory, but instead from a chap in nova scotia who ordered 5 or 6 units and resold them, we didn't get to choose our options.
good to have you here.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #20
Commercial Member

Alberta
Hi theresa thank you!! If you'd like to talk
About solar you can contact us if you'd like 403-272-3929.