Representing Central Tennessee - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-09-2018, 02:38 PM   #1

Name: Mel
Trailer: N/A
Tennessee
Representing Central Tennessee

Greetings!

I have been poking around on this site for awhile now, and I'm impressed with how friendly and knowledgeable everyone is here. Kudos to all.

My husband and I are looking to buy our first travel trailer. My folks own a Bigfoot truck camper, and they introduced us to the fiberglass RV world. After learning about all the benefits of fiberglass campers, I think we're hooked. Now to actually find one for ourselves.

Looking forward to talking with some of you, especially anyone from our area, since there don't appear to be as many in the Southeast US as in other regions.

Happy camping!
Mel MF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 02:52 PM   #2

Name: Charles
Trailer: Casita
Alabama
Welcome [emoji847]
ChukDuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 03:41 PM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Actually they are pretty rare everywhere. Oliver is manufactured in TN, Lil Snoozy is made in SC and Parkliner is made in NC. So you are relatively close to three manufacturers. Add Scamp in MN and Casita in TX and the USA east of the Rockies is pretty well represented!

But all of the manufacturers have relatively low production, some are very low. And most don't have dealers, so they are factory direct with order backlogs from about 6 months to a year! I would expect more companies to enter the molded FG trailer market.

There is a rally coming up soon in Townsend, TN, south of the mess known as Pigeon Forge. Its held at a very nice KOA, near one of the Smoky Man NP entrances.

Rallies are a GREAT way to see a lot of brands at once!! We made the "mistake" of visiting the Cherokee, NC rally a few years back where we fell in love with an Escape trailer.

EGG CAMPING CLUB SCHEDULE
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 03:41 PM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
welcome

welcome to you milissa you have come to the right place

good luck in your search about anything listed here just be patient

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:45 PM   #5

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Welcome to FGRV Melissa. As stated from others, a rally is the place to go to see many different TTs and get a "hands on" feel of them. They all look good on paper . What are you planning on using for a tow vehicle?
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:47 PM   #6

Name: Mel
Trailer: N/A
Tennessee
Thanks everyone for your comments!

Thrifty Bill, I hope we can make it to some rallies this year. That’s a great idea. The Olivers are beautiful trailers and made almost in our backyard but way outside our price range, so a rally would be a great way to see some others in person, like you said.

Borrego Dave, our tug is a 2008 F150. Maximum GCWR 13,500 and maximum trailer weight 8,100, if I remember correctly. Hopefully that leaves us plenty of options. Unfortunately it’s a short bed with a bed liner, and we haven’t found a good way to make a fifth wheel hitch work with it, so we’re focusing on bumper pulls for now.
Mel MF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:37 AM   #7

Name: Rusty
Trailer: Casita
Michigan
"There is a rally coming up soon in Townsend, TN, south of the mess known as Pigeon Forge. Its held at a very nice KOA, near one of the Smoky Man NP entrances."

Hey! We are going to be at that KOA next week! How many "eggs" are expected?
RustyCutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:24 PM   #8

Name: To Infinity & Beyond!
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul VT-16 Vacationer, 1957 Avion R20 & 1977 Argosy 6.0 Minuet
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post

There is a rally coming up soon in Townsend, TN, south of the mess known as Pigeon Forge. Its held at a very nice KOA, near one of the Smoky Man NP entrances.
EGG CAMPING CLUB SCHEDULE

And what a MESS Pigeon Forge will be that weekend with the SPRING GRAND ROD RUN in full force. 35,000+ of your closest friends will LINE the complete length of the "Strip" on both sides for the better part of the whole week!

Remember "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts"!
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:18 PM   #9

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
mike I wouldn't get 100m close to that place.

worse than Branson by far1

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote