Scamp 13 is on order! - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-24-2015, 11:04 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Name: Sue
Trailer: Scamp
Florida
Posts: 29
Scamp 13 is on order!

Hi, first time user..had trouble getting in.
I ordered a 13 scamp.. It will be ready March 15...hohoho in minn. weather does not look like that will happen ....so far. I have never seen a scamp but wanted small and easy to pull with suberu forester. Am alittle concerned about makin up bed every nite... I have not done this for yrs. and never really alone. Would love to connect with meet up and round ups.
All info welcome.
I am located in fl.
__________________

__________________
Sue harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:37 PM   #2
Member
 
Name: Eugene
Trailer: 2016 13Ft Scamp
Florida
Posts: 43
Me to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue harrison View Post
Hi, first time user..had trouble getting in.
I ordered a 13 scamp.. It will be ready March 15...hohoho in minn. weather does not look like that will happen ....so far. I have never seen a scamp but wanted small and easy to pull with suberu forester. Am alittle concerned about makin up bed every nite... I have not done this for yrs. and never really alone. Would love to connect with meet up and round ups.
All info welcome.
I am located in fl.
Are you going to pick up the Scamp or are they delivering.

Mine is going to be ready late March I'll be driving to Backus, then back to St. Petersburg.
__________________

__________________
EugeneFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 04:29 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Bob Miller's Avatar
 
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Posts: 7,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue harrison View Post
Hi, first time user..had trouble getting in.
I ordered a 13 scamp.. It will be ready March 15...hohoho in minn. weather does not look like that will happen ....so far. I have never seen a scamp but wanted small and easy to pull with suberu forester. Am alittle concerned about makin up bed every nite... I have not done this for yrs. and never really alone. Would love to connect with meet up and round ups.
All info welcome.
I am located in fl.
Hi Sue and Welcome to the world of FGRV's

You mentioned that you have never seen a Scamp, given that, which model did you order and did you order the front bath/shower option?
__________________
Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 05:19 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Name: Sue
Trailer: Scamp
Florida
Posts: 29
I ordered 13 scamp. Bath up front. I hope I ordered all I will need. It is small. The bed is the only draw back and hope I will not be sorry I did not get a 16...
__________________
Sue harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:38 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 13
None
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue harrison View Post
I ordered 13 scamp. Bath up front. I hope I ordered all I will need. It is small. The bed is the only draw back and hope I will not be sorry I did not get a 16...

Sue, I believe it's Floyd here on the forums that has done a mod on the dinette that allows for a permanent single bed across the back of the trailer, with a small, two person dinette right in front of it. Not absolutely convenient, but saves you from having to put the table up and down everyday. Didn't look like a real difficult mod, and easily reversible if you choose. I plan to do this to my Scamp 13 since I will be a solo traveller most of the time.
__________________
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 10:08 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Wallo's Avatar
 
Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Posts: 486
Registry
I used to have a 2008. 13ft. With bath and turned the dinette into a single bed. If they made a clamshell it would still be in my garage.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
1448640351143.jpg  
__________________
Alice

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 11:52 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 6,044
Registry
Sue, come to Sebring the week of the 8th of Feb.
There will be 60+ fiberglass trailers there and dozens of Scamps.
It is the annual SOI ScampCamp and you will learn a lot and meet a lot of nice folks. We will be there too.
Here is my wraparound couch which can also be made into a 30" bunk with the table up. I also have a 14" table which we use extensively and would allow even easier access to the single bed.
Attached Thumbnails
Pic009.JPG  
__________________
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 02:45 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Name: Doug
Trailer: Scamp 16 ft.
Missouri
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallo View Post
I used to have a 2008. 13ft. With bath and turned the dinette into a single bed. If they made a clamshell it would still be in my garage.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Very nice job in decorating, looks very nice!
__________________
Flyboyscamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 02:46 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Name: Doug
Trailer: Scamp 16 ft.
Missouri
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Sue, come to Sebring the week of the 8th of Feb.
There will be 60+ fiberglass trailers there and dozens of Scamps.
It is the annual SOI ScampCamp and you will learn a lot and meet a lot of nice folks. We will be there too.
Here is my wraparound couch which can also be made into a 30" bunk with the table up. I also have a 14" table which we use extensively and would allow even easier access to the single bed.
Looks great! Nice job!
__________________
Flyboyscamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 08:05 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Name: Sue
Trailer: Scamp
Florida
Posts: 29
scamp 13

These ideas sound great. I will go to the meet in Feb. Where do you find out the area where it is or is it common knowledge when you get there.

Pictures would be great for more clear sofa ..table etch. It sounded like you sent one just have to figure out how to get there.

Thanks

One person spoke of clam shell????

Is Jr and senior how long belonged or age??
__________________
Sue harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 08:17 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 6,044
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue harrison View Post
These ideas sound great. I will go to the meet in Feb. Where do you find out the area where it is or is it common knowledge when you get there.

Pictures would be great for more clear sofa ..table etch. It sounded like you sent one just have to figure out how to get there.

Thanks

One person spoke of clam shell????

Is Jr and senior how long belonged or age??
Its at Highlands Hammock State park campgrounds. The host is on site 77. We're on site 76. Come on down and we'll introduce you around!
__________________
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 08:25 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Name: Sue
Trailer: Scamp
Florida
Posts: 29
scamp 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Hi Sue and Welcome to the world of FGRV's

You mentioned that you have never seen a Scamp, given that, which model did you order and did you order the front bath/shower option?
I ordered shower up front.
__________________
Sue harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 08:28 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Name: Sue
Trailer: Scamp
Florida
Posts: 29
scamp 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboyscamp View Post
Looks great! Nice job!
How do you see pic?
__________________
Sue harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 08:32 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Name: Sue
Trailer: Scamp
Florida
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Sue, come to Sebring the week of the 8th of Feb.
There will be 60+ fiberglass trailers there and dozens of Scamps.
It is the annual SOI ScampCamp and you will learn a lot and meet a lot of nice folks. We will be there too.
Here is my wraparound couch which can also be made into a 30" bunk with the table up. I also have a 14" table which we use extensively and would allow even easier access to the single bed.
Thanks..seeing one is really going to help.
__________________

__________________
Sue harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Preparing to order a 13'Scamp--Option questions JackieLynn Money Matters 15 03-25-2015 12:15 PM
I had to cancel my Scamp order nikljones General Chat 15 03-27-2012 07:16 AM
Order new Scamp w/real wood doors only? melissab General Chat 15 03-14-2012 10:51 AM
New Scamp on Order Dan Jones Hi, I am.... 8 01-03-2012 12:20 PM
Escape 17' on order-any factory mods suggested? JenW General Chat 11 08-27-2007 12:25 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.