Scamping Nomad - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2014, 08:53 PM   #1

Name: Katie
Trailer: Scamp
Idaho
Scamping Nomad

Hi everyone! After years of dreaming about owning a Scamp camper, I finally found one that suits my current budget and plans for adventure!! I am an Intensive Care Travel RN who is graduating with my NP in Women's Health this September and can't wait to make this li'l gem my full-time portable home!! I'll be travelling the U.S. for work and outdoor adventure, while also taking time to volunteer internationally for medical missions, so my life as a nomad will become THAT much more exciting!!

Enough about me, let's get down to brass tax...the Scamp!! It's a 1998 13' Scamp camper with the storage/port-a-potty option. I'll be modifying it a bit to suit my storage needs (an outdoor adventurer always requires a very large gear closet and racks), as well as installing a solar panel setup to keep things charged and running while I'm "off the grid". I have little experience in electrical and plumbing, but have dabbled in fabrication, welding, and carpentry work. Given the right tools and creative inspiration, I can be quite handy!! This is my very first camper/RV so I'm looking to all my friends and family (including fellow Scamp enthusiasts) to help me complete these projects one-by-one!

I look forward to getting to know you all and being exposed to your put-MacGyver-to-shame ingenuity!!

Let the adventure begin!!

Katie
katidesc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:35 PM   #2

Name: Darrell
Trailer: Scamp Deluxe 16ft
Alabama
Congratulations on your find
When and if we're full of advice... worth what you pay for it.
Best on your luck on your journey with it.

My 16 is loaded and over stuffed
Darrell in Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:57 AM   #3

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Katie,
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your find. Make lots of memories and take lots of pictures. Post them here when you can.
Patti
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp