Soon-to-be-Scamp owners - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2018, 04:06 PM   #1

Name: A&H
Trailer: Scamp std 16
Wisconsin
Soon-to-be-Scamp owners

We are long-time campers excitedly waiting for our first FGTT. We ordered our Scamp 16S #6 last fall and it's been a long winter waiting! We expect it to go into production any time now.

We spent the first several years of marriage tenting, then bought a small pop-up after adding children to the mix. It took us a few years to realize that pop-ups really aren't any less work than tents. And as the children grew, the pop-up shrank.

I remember spotting my first Scamp at a campground a number of years ago and thinking, "What a CUTE camper." I looked them up on the internet and was further enthralled by their bathrooms and tow-ablility. But I knew there was no way I wanted to pack four children into there and put Scamps in the back of my mind for when we became empty-nesters.

We sold the pop-up last year and rented a large class C for a trip to the Black Hills. While we enjoyed ourselves, we decided we did not want to mess with a big RV of our own. With the children now old enough to sleep in their own tent, a Scamp again became a very attractive possibility!

I have been lurking on here for several months and appreciate the wealth of knowledge. We are trying to keep the Scamp a surprise for the kids so I'm avoiding other FG social media...
birchbark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:12 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your coming Scamp! Sounds like you have found your "Goldilocks" RV- not too big, not too small.

Hope the kids don't like it too much... You may find yourselves relegated to the tent!...

Happy travels!
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:49 AM   #3

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Congratulations. Sounds like you made a good decision. I ordered my 16, layout 4, at the end of Feb and will have to wait until Nov, maybe late Oct to get it. I do, however, have my '99 13 foot Scamp to use in the meantime.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:14 PM   #4

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
+10 sounds like you put a lot of thought into it and came to a good decision!
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp