Tail lights help needed - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-28-2017, 07:52 AM   #21

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
You said eggcamper. No caps. Are you using that as a generic term because there is an EggCamper brand. I had one and it had brakes.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 10:00 AM   #22

Name: Steve
Trailer: 1979 Boler1700
Maple Ridge, B.C.
Registry
If there are LED lights, they are pole specific. Pos must be to pos and ground must be to ground. My license plate light was wired backwards and the light didn't work until wired right.
ststefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:23 PM   #23

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
A bad ground connection can cause incandescent bulbs to burn out.
Some trailer tail lamps are not well sealed, they get dust and moisture inside the lens. The base of the bulb can develop corrosion resulting in a high resistance.
Pull the bulbs and clean the contacts. make sure they fit snugly.

Better is to replace them with sealed LED tail, Stop, and Turn lamps.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:00 AM   #24

Name: Terry
Trailer: 1971 Hunter compact Jr, 1979 Terry 19', 2003 Scamp 16'
California
You have said that one light works consistently and three inconsistently. Try following the ground wire from the consistent back. you may find a connection where the other lights grounds tie in. For 3 to be off at the same time and on at the same time they should have a common connection.
Terry in Fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:26 AM   #25

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsw View Post
I'm helping an elderly lady with her eggcamper. She has a tail light problem. Either all four stay on while driving or only upper left turn signal works when it feels like it.

Any suggestions where to start would be appreciated
I Had an issue with the adapter between the vehicle and the trailer wiring. The part you buy to bring the vehicle wiring to the out side for trailer hookup. I replaced the adapter and it solved part of the issue.
Bryvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:03 AM   #26

Name: Sally & Marty
Trailer: EggCamper (EggBert)
Michigan
Registry
I have a 2013 EggCamper and have done some electrical work on it. I use a VOM (Volt Ohm Meter) to trouble shoot problems. Do you know someone who knowledgeable about how to use a VOM to troubleshoot the low (12VDC) voltage electrical problems?

First question: Does the EggCamper have the Led Running Lights and Tail Lights or the incandescent running and tail lights?

Second: Have you checked the "fuse panel" for a good fuse connection or a new one needed?
Third: has anyone pulled up the front right closet floor up to check the wiring to the fuse panel?
Fourth: Check the wiring runs in the furthest right and left upper storage areas for bad connections. The upper right and left front and rear running lights are accessible ,not the easiest.

The rear two running light wiring is run in the upper right and left storage areas and is not well protected. So I would suggest turn on the parking lights on your truck/car with it hooped up to each... and have some one move the wiring around in the furthest back upper storage compartments running to these lights flicker. IF so, go from there to find the area at fault.

The front two running lights are accessible from both right and left storage areas. not the easy either but having a small person in one wiggling the wires as with the rear ones and watching them for flicker while powered.

Using a VOM in the continuity/ resistance mode from the fuse box fuse and looking at each wire to the tail and running lights is how I would start trouble shooting the problem....and having a diagram of the fuse box wiring from Jim Palmer is needed.

Now after saying all that contacting Jim Palmer the creator and manufacturer of the EggCamper to get a wiring diagram might be a very good thing to do. There was one when new with the EggCamper but as usual they get lost. Jim Palmers contact information try LIGHTWEIGHT FIBERGLASS TRAVEL TRAILER in google will get you the web site. Production has stopped at this time but contact info is there. He may have a color coded wiring diagram you may be able to get depending on what year it was built. Also you could ask him advice about trouble shooting the problem.
Hope this helps....and good luck.
Sally&Marty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights, tail lights